• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you looking forward to more, Prime 4 or Botw 2?

What are you looking forward to more?

• Metroid Prime 4

• BOTW 2

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phase

Prime 4. I just hope the controls are good. I'm playing through Prime 1 right now and although I'll get used to it eventually, they're rough.

radewagon

I didn't vote. I gave up on the Prime series after the crazy amounts of backtracking in the first game and I don't much care to see a sequel to BOTW. It had a bland story, poor design choices (cough, destructible weapons, cough), and the single worst dungeons in Zelda history. Honestly don't see the big deal with these titles. I'd love to see a new Zelda game with an art style that deviates drastically from what we saw in Skyward Sword. Imagine if Nintendo decided to take a more western approach to the series and do some good ol' sword and sorcery stuff.

Zannegan

BotW2 for now. I've seen it in action, I love the skyworld stuff, and time rewind as a replacement/augmentation of stasis has a ton of potential. It also seems likely to come out sooner.

Fear not, MP4 will get its due hype in time.

Last edited:

nordique

Because multiple votes are allowed I voted for both because my feelings on which one I’m more excited about fluctuate

two of my favourite franchises

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Surprised by the results honestly. At least I know my choice actually has a chance of coming out next year.

GametimeUK

As much as I prefer the Zelda series and how much I love BOTW I have to go with Prime 4. It's been so long since the last Prime game and if I'm being honest, a direct BOTW sequel doesn't really appeal to me. I'd rather it be a whole new Zelda like we usually get. I just don't see how they will pull BOTW2 off.

BotW2 for now. I've seen it in action, I love the skyworld stuff, and time rewind as a replacement/augmentation of stasis has a ton of potential. It also seems likely to come out sooner.

Fear not, MP4 will get its due hype in time.

I'm sorry, you've seen Botw2?

I never cared for Prime. It would have to be a drastically different game to appeal to me (and it would likely lose its appeal to the existing fanbase in the process). BotW wasn't perfect, but it was still an enjoyable game with lots to do and there's the potential of improvement in the sequel. So I voted Zelda.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The biggest game I was looking forward and my entire reason getting Switch in the first place was SMTV that recently came out, so from that list I have to go with BotW2 since I enjoyed the first game.

kunonabi

Hard to say. Prime has been on a steady decline but it shouldn't be that hard to get right. BotW2 could be amazing if Nintendo gets their head out of their ass and actually address the first game's problems. Ill say Prime since I'm always optimistic about Metroid even though im almost always disappointed.

Tschumi

Neither especially, but in my mind everything after MP1 is lesser, i know that makes no sense, but yeah, BOTW2 could only be more interesting to me.

Kssio_Aug

Prime 4. Mostly because what they've shown of BotW 2 seems to me an extension of the first game, and not something refreshing like Zelda sequels usually represent.

ultrazilla

Zelda-Breath-of-The-Wild-2-Release-Date.jpg

01ba6944c64a017afd8c45615d052810.gif

zelda-breath-of-the-wild2.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker-4.gif

Robb

Gold Member
I went with BotW2. Mainly because I currently have more confidence in that game and the devs behind it.

But I’m looking forward to both!

arvfab

Banned
Pikmin 4, but out of those 2, Prime 4, although I would like to first play Prime 2 and 3, as I never got to play them.

I will completely skip BOTW2 if it's like the first one.

Zannegan

Wait, what? I clicked the wrong button. I meant to "unfollow" not Ignore.
EDIT: wait, I am not ignoring him. Weird. Oh well.
Not sure why he would ignore me since we have spoken once or twice before and it was fair as far as I know it.
I think KingPotato has him on ignore and thought was funny to see your reaction to a person whose post he can't see (presumably because he came to the opposite conclusion about Mr. Slime's chillness). No one in that pic has you on ignore.

Last edited:

skit_data

Metroid Prime 4, easily.

I like Zelda but Metroid will always be my nr 1 Nintendo franchise. So happy to see Dread doing so well.

tommib

I didn't vote. I gave up on the Prime series after the crazy amounts of backtracking in the first game and I don't much care to see a sequel to BOTW. It had a bland story, poor design choices (cough, destructible weapons, cough), and the single worst dungeons in Zelda history. Honestly don't see the big deal with these titles. I'd love to see a new Zelda game with an art style that deviates drastically from what we saw in Skyward Sword. Imagine if Nintendo decided to take a more western approach to the series and do some good ol' sword and sorcery stuff.
Mods, ban this misery.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
My two favorite franchises. Bit letdown BotW2 is a direct sequel and takes place in the same world. More verticality and flying is lame.

Marty-McFly

Banned
1 million Prime numbers must be a troll. Dread did more than that in a week and the 3D Metroids and 3D gaming is typically much more popular in general.

Plus, Dread raised brand awareness for Prime 4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom