• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your favorite weekly and daily gaming news channels on you tube?

To be a bit more specific, I'm more looking for news recaps and announcements. I'm also looking for videos that respect the viewer's time, rather than lengthy podcasts where they also cover gaming news, or videos where 15 minutes is spent on a single news story.

So for those of us who would rather check our subscriptions than gaming websites, who do you listen to, and who do you recommend? If there are some good suggestions here that fit all the above criteria, I may add some of them to the OP, especially if there's some interest in this topic. Having said all that, here's some examples of the sort of thing I'm looking for.

News Wave from Spawn Wave. Solid daily news recap videos with clearly marked timestamps for each story.

This Week in Video Games from Skill Up. A great weekly recap that covers a lot of news, previews, announcements, and new releases.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Game Sack but I feel his latest episode was a bit too coincedential - released due to the Cowbunga Collection..

Mr Hyde

Spawn Waves newswave is good for overall gaming news. Fextralife has a good news section if you're into RPGs, adventures and Souls-likes.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Funhaus was the peak of gaming news, and no one will ever top how they did it informative yet fun.

Now I watch force gaming. YouTube is dead after they made it hard for content devs to earn money.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I've heard of them, but I didn't know they covered news. Did they stop running their channel entirely, or just their news videos?
Long story short:

They started as inside gaming, where they covered news and fun gameplay. They were three friends with good chemistry and very dark man masculine sex humor.

Went shut down, started their own up, went instant success and they continued what they did.

New youtube rules, the stuff they did became very stricted because of that, and it went from a (ironical) homophobic humor (where they went closet vi about it), vulgar sex jokes and rule 34, to suddenly become a woke kids channel.

The new fanbase are very vocal (well they are woke), but whereas they easily pulled over 100k views within the first hour at their peak, they have to be lucky to get 10k views within a day.

Try give this video at least 5 minute of view time

Last edited:
kinda funny, mystic ryan, skillup is all i follow, i check out the spawn wave podcast show sometimes but half the people on it are useless

Last edited:
I love game sack and the happy console gamer is pretty great too, but those channels aren't exactly making the sort of news recap videos I'm talking about. Still, I'm happy to see them being promoted, and thanks for bumping my thread.

GametimeUK

They all piss me off. Every single one of them. Smash that like button, rate comment subscribe, hi everyone welcome to the channel. Bore off. These YouTube personalities have the absolute worst takes on gaming news that I've ever seen. I much prefer the news from a direct source and reading people's opinions on message boards (when you filter through the fanboy BS).

sG3M9Sj.jpg

This guy right here said in a video that instead of spending 6 grand on a PC to play at 8k 30fps you're better off playing at 4K 120fps. That sounds reasonable to me. He then says it's a feat that's easily achievable on a $400 gaming console (pulls out a Series X) which bares the question... are PC's becoming obsolete?

Like that the fuck are you talking about, lad? These last gen console games are barely scratching 1440p at 120fps. What has he been playing to suggest console games are easily obtaining 4k 120fps, unless it's a troll that went over my head.

Last edited:
Top Bottom