• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What armored core game should I play?

Vognerful

As a primary PC gamer, any armored core game that I should play or emulate before the release of the latest entry?

I want to get into it.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Grab Daemon X Machina. Very similar, but cel-shaded.

If you can find AC4 or For Answer go for it

Avoid AC5 like the plague

If there's a way to play Chromehounds...do eet. It's not armored core, more grounded, strategic, but I believe the single player is just a long ass tutorial.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Wait for the next one, it's called Daemon x Machina: Titanic Scion and should be pretty good.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The first one. Do you start at the second or third episode of a tv show? Play the first one bro.

As a primary PC gamer, any armored core game that I should play or emulate before the release of the latest entry?

I want to get into it.
Anything but ACV.

Pacing and cadence look a lot like a mix of 4 and 3. Last raven and for answer are choice. But anything you can get your hands on will wet the whistle. I personally favor the ps2 era stuff.

SeraphJan

I recommend play the newest one, the main appeal of the game is multiplayer, you will unlikely to find anyone to play against for older titles

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
IMO I would be worried about having a shallow experience before the latest entry comes out. For me, personally FoR will reignite my interest.

Daemon X Machina was ok. It was fun for a while, but the levels that take place inside were frustrating. The repetitious patterns and the plot weren’t engaging to me. That’s when I dropped that game. I’m glad I got it free from Epic. There were some cool parts like the epic boss fights and the gameplay was cool. It felt like I got most of what the game had to offer within the first couple hours.

Top Bottom