• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What couple of lesser hyped Xbox games are you really interested in seeing, and why?

Time for a positive Xbox thread.

So fellow Xbox players, what little hyped Xbox games are you actually really curious about seeing?
We all hear about Starfield, Forza ey, but what about the lesser known ones?

For me there are a couple that seem to have an interesting premise, and I think they could be sleeper hits.

First one is Project Midnight from Compulsion. I really liked the art direction on We Happy Few, and from what I have heard about their new game, it seems like it could be really interesting.

Since joining Xbox Compulsion has increased its studio size, and with the financial backing of MS they don't have to rush anything to market to try and get funding.

The game apparently is set in the deep south and is a single player third person action game. It has monsters and a Gothic twist to it.

By all accounts its using Unreal Engine 5, so it could be quite the looker. Compulsion had great ideas and interesting story lines, they just lacked the finances to make their games the best they could be. I'm thinking it could be a surprise.

The second one I'm really interested to see is the new game from Inxile.
The game is a first person RPG set in a steam punk world.
InXile has the RPG chops, and just like most other Xbox Studios, Inxile has increased the size of their studio quite a bit since they were bought out.

This has me way more interested than Wasteland ever did. Unreal Engine 5 as well I believe.

The other game that I really want to see soon is State of Decay 3.
MS has spun up Undead Labs from an indie studio to a full fledged AAA studios. They have multiple studios now including new mocap facilities. They have doubled in size and they have been working with the Coalition with Unreal Engine 5, so the potential for this game to blow people away graphically is there.

I just hope these three are shown at E3.

CamHostage

Heh, op, you kind of took a number of the good ones since announcements have been quiet these past few years, but...

I hope Lightyear Frontier has enough to it to pay off the Xbox exclusivity proud with some nice interest and play time. It's not the flashiest game, but a chill sci-fi 4p co-op open-world mech farming/terraforming game isn't something I have otherwise. So hopefully it's good.

Last edited:
So what do we have that's unannounced at the moment?
Compulsion - Project Midnight
InXile - Project Cobalt
Zenimax Online - A new IP that they have been working on for around 5 years now, with about 200 devs working on it. You would think we will hear something real soo about this
The Coalition - Gears 6
Double Fine - Apparently they are working on two new games.
Id Software - Rumours that their next game is a Quake reboot.
Machine Games - Apparently they are working on an unannounced Wolfenstien game as well as Indiana Jones.
Roundhouse Games - They are working on a new IP since they were founded.

Xbox Global Publishing are doing exclusive games with third parties. These are.what we know about, but there is more from them.
Brass Lion Entertainment - Project Shaolin
Stoic Studios - Project Belfry

What else is Rumoured to be in development?

Top Bottom