• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What did you do today? Sup?

SpartanN92

Banned
I’m laying in bed atm. The baby has working up screaming like 5 times in the past three hours but quickly goes back to sleep.

I don’t have to be at work til noon so I’m just catching up on gaf.

giphy.gif

kingbean

Are you by any chance working for Louis Rossman?

No sir. I would probably apply to work for him if I lived in New York though lol.

I do official repairs for Apple, Samsung, LG etc.
I used to help run a warehouse and warranty center for a company called CSpire/Cellular south but when we opened up shops for customers I stepped down and decided to lead one of the repair locations.
I like it when it's busy, but when it's slow I get super bored and in my own head about shit.

kingbean

I played some DMC3 as Virgil and wasn't really feeling it. So I started playing as Dante on hard mode and was enjoying that much more.

Now I'm bored as fuck waiting for 6pm.

Kadayi

Banned
I did a bunch of Modernist Cuisine cooking (weekends is the only time I really get to indulge). Firstly I cooked Sous Vide Poached Eggs with Cold Start Bacon served on lightly toasted Sourdough baguettes for lunch, then I pre-seared some duck breasts covered them in Five-spice, Salt and Pepper and Sous Vide them for a couple of hours before pan-frying them with some red onion, sugar snap peas, baby sweet corn (chopped) egg rice with a soy/orange zest sauce added at the end to finish (to the general approval in the household). Beyond that, just chilling on the interwebs. It was a pretty crazy week workwise, not helped by the fact that on Friday I hit a patch of black ice whilst driving down a country lane and the car ended up in a ditch at some absurdly early time in the morning (thankfully no real damage, and someone in a passing 4x4 helped tow me out). However that 'Oh sheeeeeeet' adrenalin rush really took it out of me this morning. (slept in until 9 which is definitely not SOP for me even at weekends) had to bang some supplements to get myself shipshape, which isn't something I ordinarily do at weekends versus the week tbh.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I had to put my dog down in the middle of the night. Worst experience of my life. Vet was a dick head, but I guess I would be too if I became a vet to put animals down for $100 or whatever they make. Earlier that day I had to essentially euthanize a patient who lived the last moments of his life in insufferable pain from cellulitis and third spacing in his legs. He had a wonderful family, and it was absolutely fucking awful

Now I'm thinking of buying a ram promaster and just living in the Montana wildlife

and becoming the unabomber

Last edited:
I spent time with the kids and we all avoided my wife. By we all I mean myself, the kids, and her parents whom live with us. We all think she’s a massive cunt and everyone is happier when she’s not around. She complains about everything, hides in our room and doesn’t want to socialize because everything upsets her.

The kids and I went to the park, enjoyed a meal at McDonald’s, I put them down for their nap and fixed a server that went down at work. When they woke up I took them for a walk, we played outside, and then came home again. We watched a movie (Abombinable) and then ate dinner. They had their bath and now we are watching The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Once this is over they’ll go to bed and I’ll probably play a game or read a book.

Papa

Banned
I spent time with the kids and we all avoided my wife. By we all I mean myself, the kids, and her parents whom live with us. We all think she’s a massive cunt and everyone is happier when she’s not around. She complains about everything, hides in our room and doesn’t want to socialize because everything upsets her.

The kids and I went to the park, enjoyed a meal at McDonald’s, I put them down for their nap and fixed a server that went down at work. When they woke up I took them for a walk, we played outside, and then came home again. We watched a movie (Abombinable) and then ate dinner. They had their bath and now we are watching The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Once this is over they’ll go to bed and I’ll probably play a game or read a book.

p i m p h a n d

lachesis

Relaxed with my daughter (my week to have her as our divorce agreement is 1 week on, 1 week off) - had some Sun dried tomato focacca, soup and oranges for brunch, made some candied orange peel (my daughter is into Victorian era stuff). Took a brief walk outside with the dog, Took a little nap, browsed internet a bit, played a bit of Resident Evil 6 - while daughter is happily chilling in her room and occasionally chatting up funny stuff with her.

For dinner, I made 14 hour sous-vide pork belly finished in air fryer with a bit of garlic salt & cajun seasoning, along with some sea weed soup, white/brown/barley mixed rice, some pieces of Japanese pickled veggies, and some sort of unknown Chinese inspired veggie stir fry-ish dish using the broth that I got from cooking sous-vide pork belly.

Taking a breather now from food coma before I put everything into dish washer... Life is good. :D

Top Bottom