• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What did you do with your open PS5/Xbox boxes?

DR3AM

Now that the 1 year warranty has expired, is there any reason to keep the boxes or should I just recycle them?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I have my N64 box still. I wish I had kept my NES box.

Consoles I have in their boxes:
Ps2
Gamecube
N64
Wii
Xbox
Xbox 360 - 3rd version that didn't die on me
XBOX 1
Xbox 1x

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I don't have a ton of extra space, so it went to the landfill.

I store retired consoles in little plastic sacs that blankets and sheets come in. Keeps out all dust and has a zipper. Enough room for the cords and controllers in one easy package for storage in my closet.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Kept them for moving to my new house.

Thrown away every box we own now because next move I'm paying a company to pack everything.

jaysius

Banned
I hold onto the boxes, they shipped from China they're good enough to carry it to a friend's house or move with.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Episode 18 Attic GIF by The Simpsons

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I keep my boxes as long as I own them, when I trade them I usually include the box. If I donate or trash them I trash any leftover packaging. The series X packaging was so nice and premium, I will hate to toss it when the time comes.

Still have the Series X box.
But I threw away everything else during a move into a new house a few years ago. Should have used the boxes to pack stuff instead of chucking them in the trash. New house has plenty of attic space too. :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I used to keep all my console boxes. Then I realized that I never did a damn thing with them, so now I just toss these in the trash right away.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I keep the boxes in my garage/attic since I have space for them. When I give them away/sell them it's nice to be able to bundle it in all the original packaging with manuals, etc.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I used to keep my boxes but not I throw them. I honestly don’t like to clutter my house with things I don’t use. I also get rid of things I don’t touch after a while. I like the empty space.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I really should throw them away, but I have the original PSX box all the way up to PS5
I even have my SNES in it's original box
But recently I've been using them to actually store the consoles they belong like my SNES so..

Last edited:

Pantz

Still have boxes but they don't seem to be that important to resale value anymore especially if you get a good trade in deal at Game Stop. So it's hard but I must destroy them.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'd pay them to move, but you still gotta pack yo shit usually.

Nah there's tons of companies in the UK that will come in and do everything for you - it's expensive but after the last move I don't care :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Orta

Banned
Can't understand people who throw away/lose boxes, manuals, game cases, etc.

I have everything boxed as far back as my nes.

Last edited:
I threw them away.

I used to keep all the boxes but after awhile they were just a waste of space. I did keep the 8 and 16bit boxes but the rest went in the trash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom