• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What did you do with your open PS5/Xbox boxes?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Es7tB1IUcAEGi6N

What DIDNT I do with it, is the better question.

That premium packaging is not something you just throw away.
That’s not a perfect butthole though?

MikeM

My Series X and PS5 boxes are right beside my TV stand with said consoles. Wife hates them, hence why they are out.

Last edited:

Aenima

I keep all my console boxes. My Dreamcast, Xbox, PS2 and PS3 are now stored in they original boxes.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I keep them around for practical jokes. I'll put a PS4 in a PS5 box, an N64 in a Switch box, etc, and give them to a 6 year old nephew.

HAHA, SCAMMED, BITCH! GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK

Justin9mm

I keep the box because I don't horde shit so every time I upgrade, I sell off my old console as new in the original box like it was just bought from the shop.

Plus in the last decade, I've moved a few times so it's good to have the box to pack it up and move it. The only time I don't keep boxes is when I buy cheaper things like I dunno, a toaster that came in a box etc. The only box I don't keep of something valuable is my TV's because 75 inch and 85 inch TV boxes are way too big to keep around. Although I will keep them for a few weeks or so to make sure I don't have any issues with the TV.

This is the most I've ever talked about boxes in my life and is starting to get a little weird! lol

Last edited:

kingwingin

Sitting on the floor half torn up from my cat sleeping/playing in it. One of these days I'll throw it out like the rest

So has the PS5, its standard in the most countries in Europe..
Nope, the PS5 has just 12 months (voluntary manufacturer's) warranty from Sony. I think what you mean is the legal guarantee where the trader is responsible for 24 months. But even this becomes useless after 6 months, because then you have to prove that it already was faulty when you got it and that's nearly impossible.

ZoukGalaxy

I use them to scam people on ebay with a brick inside.

☆JOKING☆

I keep them until I die

Last edited:

Pejo

I always keep them until I'm sure that I don't want to resell the console or return it, then I cut out the sticker with the serial # and trash the box.

If you ever need to send in for repair, they ship you a box for mailing it in, so no reason to accrue extra clutter.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I always keep my boxes for resale or incase of repair. I've gone with Domestic and General for breakdown cover now the warranty has expired.

Last edited:
Top Bottom