• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Difficulty You Playing Halo Infinite First Time?

What Difficulty Are You Playing on First Time in Halo Infinite?

• Total voters
As a tradition and a long time Halo fan. I've always played Halo on Legendary difficulty off the bat ever since Halo 2.

So what difficulty are you playing Halo Infinite on the very first time blind playthrough?

For me, it will be Legendary.

Here is some of my Halo history with the difficulties.

Halo Combat Evolved I was a wee lad who didn't care about that kind of stuff at the time. But obviously went back and did it.

As a matter of fact I am 2 levels away from completing Halo Combat Evolved LASO playlist on MCC. But I won't lie, I was doing it with a friend and god.... The Library, Truth & Reconciliation and Two Betrayals can go suck my 8 inch Hebrew pee pee. But its over and done with.

I've also completed Halo Reach LASO and surprisingly it wasn't that bad except for 1 level where you go inside the covenant ship I forget the name of it.

I want to complete Halo 2, 3 and 4 LASO as well either before Infinite or sometime during the Season 1 drought.

I also finished a blind playthrough solo of Halo 5 Guardians on Legendary and fuck the Wardens and the crawlers is all I have to say.

Last edited:

Romulus

I think cheesing this game will be extremely easy with that grappling hook, especially outdoors.
Pinned down? Simply scale the closest tall structure and rain down on the AI. And, looks like you can retreat in a hurry almost whenever you like with that grapple.
Heroic start for me.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Easy , to find collectibles and for trying things here and there.
When co-op will be available I’ll play it on heroic with my wife.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Normal for me

I bet playing this game on legendary will be harder than elden ring

Playing on easy will probably break the imersion

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Heroic. I played Halo 4 the first time on Legendary and swore I'd never do that again. I missed out on way too much of the story getting my ass kicked. I always play Halo campaigns a million times so I now wait to do my Legendary run on my 2nd playthrough.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Heroic. I might die too much on Legendary especially from snipers.
Halo CE was the only Halo game where legendary was fair. If you died in Halo CE legendary its because of your own fault except for maybe the Rocket Launcher floods. But not this bullshit

After Halo 2, I will put Halo 4 second in the legendary bullshit difficulty scaling due to the Promethian Knights. These two games are just not fun in legendary. Also Jackal Snipers are back in Infinite.
halo-infinite-campaign-jackal-snipers.jpg

Last edited:

Aldynes

Heroic for me, always has been for each Halo entries, Bungie used to say their game was meant to be played for Heroic difficulty if I remember correctly

Mister Wolf

Halo CE was the only Halo game where legendary was fair. If you died in Halo CE legendary its because of your own fault except for maybe the Rocket Launcher floods. But not this bullshit

After Halo 2, I will put Halo 4 second in the legendary bullshit difficulty scaling due to the Promethian Knights. These two games are just not fun in legendary. Also Jackal Snipers are back in Infinite.
halo-infinite-campaign-jackal-snipers.jpg

That's exactly what I dread those jackal crackshots.

Legendary will honestly ruin a first time play through, I’d go with normal or heroic, and revisit later for legendary

played every halo on legendary and it will make you want to pull your hair out, especially considering there is no revert to check point option in this game

Lognor

Banned
Legendary. Always legendary. It can be frustrating dying again and again, but it's so satisfying once you finally reach that next checkpoint

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Always normal to see what kind of shit they are going to throw for my legendary second run.

Top Bottom