• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do people think about more games are supporting keyboard and mouse on consoles?

Do you like keyboard mouse support on console gaming?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No, it gives unfair advantages in online gaming

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I found out that more and more games actually are supporting keyboard and mouse on consoles.

Call of duty, deep rock galactica, ark, zombie army 4 and more games are actually supporting native keyboard and mouse support, giving the same experience as pc players, input wise.

I do enjoy high fps and my games being able to run better uncapped when I get better hardware instead of it still being locked to 30 fps because it is locked by the developers, but I gotta admit seeing more games getting this support lean me to bring able to play on a console again.

But what are people's take on it, and did people even know that more games are getting native keyboard and mouse support?

Topher

Gold Member
Definitely wish support was more widespread. I was disappointed that Cyberpunk 2077 didn't have kb&m on consoles. For me, kb&m are a must for first person games.

I think that's fantastic. Current gen consoles are basically High End PCS now in the lower tier of high end PCs so...and it makes sense for some games like Age of Empires is way easier to play with mouse.

Topher

Gold Member
I agree. FPS games with a controller frustrate me to the point where I won't play them on console.

I played Halo Infinite on XSX with keyboard and mouse and it was fantastic. I wish I knew why this wasn't more common when these games are all on PC and kb&m support is already there. It is like they just turn it off for consoles for some strange reason.

intbal

Definitely wish support was more widespread. I was disappointed that Cyberpunk 2077 didn't have kb&m on consoles. For me, kb&m are a must for first person games.

It's dumb because there is clearly support for mouse and keyboard in the console version. The keyboard works and the mouse buttons work, but you can't move with the mouse. I'm hoping they will enable full control in the future.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Consoles are basically PCs now anyway. Why not?

KBM will always be better for shooters, but there's so much auto-aim when using controllers now anyway that you wouldn't want with a mouse, it barely matters.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I played Halo Infinite on XSX with keyboard and mouse and it was fantastic. I wish I knew why this wasn't more common when these games are all on PC and kb&m support is already there. It is like they just turn it off for consoles for some strange reason.
Part of me wonders if it's developers wanting to control how people interact with their games. A lot of times we hear that it's to keep games fair but t seems like they could detect your control setup and match people that way.

Topher

Gold Member
It's dumb because there is clearly support for mouse and keyboard in the console version. The keyboard works and the mouse buttons work, but you can't move with the mouse. I'm hoping they will enable full control in the future.

WTF? It is like they purposefully turned off the mouse in game for some stupid reason. Doesn't make any sense.

Part of me wonders if it's developers wanting to control how people interact with their games. A lot of times we hear that it's to keep games fair but t seems like they could detect your control setup and match people that way.

Maybe the devs just don't want to put in the effort to do matchmaking based on controls? But a lot of these games have crossplay between PC and console, right? I can't imagine they force PC gamers to play with a controller. I don't know how this works since I don't play multiplayer games.

No such excuses for single player though. If nothing else, one could make an argument for kb&m support being required by Xbox and PlayStation for accessibility reasons.

K.N.W.

Whats do I think about it ?? I think it's a great thing!! It takes a bit to find a good combo of mouse + keyboard and to adapt it, but once you have done the switch, there's no going back. For real, some years ago I had to stop using KB+M, otherwise I wouldn't had been able to get back to the pad (I'm a videogame and console collector).

Top Bottom