• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what do we know about I-Ninja GBA?

BuddyC

While mindlessly flipping through Nintendo's E3 Press Kit (which lists RE4 as a Q4 2004 release, fuck you "we didn't delay it because we never said when" Capcom), I noticed that Destination is set to publish I-Ninja for the GBA in November 2004.

Dunno if this one just flew in under my radar or what, but I hadn't heard of the GBA version. Anyone have more details?

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
http://gba.n64europe.com/index.php?id=2364

# Features:Fully textured 3D engine on the GBA
# Run, jump, grind and swing through fast paced Inertia levels
# Fight against 5 giant bespoke end of level bosses
# 5 worlds (Robot Island, Bomb Raft Island, Jungle Island, Mountain Island, Moon Base)
# 23 Inertia Runs, 18 Combat Arena’s, 5 Boss Battles
# Use pinpoint accuracy to guide the ‘Ninja Ball’ through challenging Ball Runs

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000068698_screenshots.html

ME0000455919_2.jpg
ME0000455920_2.jpg

ME0000455921_2.jpg
ME0000455922_2.jpg

ME0000455923_2.jpg
ME0000455924_2.jpg

ME0000455925_2.jpg
ME0000455926_2.jpg

It actually looks like a lot of fun. If they can manage to make it a smooth and faced-paced experience like they say then I'm game. I'm also looking forward to the upcoming GBA Pac-Man games.

Maybe it's because I'm hung over, but... wow. That's really pushing the hell out of the GBA. Hope it's not a choppy, unplayable mess!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It looks very simple compared to the console game, BUT it seems that they could simply make a fast paced game based on those aspects shown in the shots. That might actually be kinda fun.

BuG

Digital controls, using the GBA D-pad in a 3D environment, which require you to "Use pinpoint accuracy" does not compute. It looks pretty for a 3D GBA game, though. I take it there's no footage available yet?

hooo

boooy
goodcow said:
The frame rate is almost guaranteed to be ass.

With a sprite for the ninja, it should run nice and smooth. Monkey Ball Jr. is proof enough that the GBA can handle that.

Bog

Junior Ace
Kobun Heat said:
Maybe it's because I'm hung over, but... wow. That's really pushing the hell out of the GBA. Hope it's not a choppy, unplayable mess!

Yeah, well Star Wars: Flight of the Falcon looked good in stills, too.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
hooo said:
With a sprite for the ninja, it should run nice and smooth. Monkey Ball Jr. is proof enough that the GBA can handle that.

Monkey Ball Jr. is horrible...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
GDJustin said:
Monkey Ball Jr. is horrible...

Hell no; Monkey Ball Jr. rocks and is a great GBA port from the original, but it's definitely framey (something that can be fixed with the code to lower the detail level somewhat), although it works okay for the type of game that Monkey Ball is. I can't see an action game working very well though, but hey, maybe I Ninja will be a surprise.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm more interested in the Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness, being done by the same group... they also seem to be doing an (ugg) Pac-Man World port, as well as that "kill everything and have a strip club minigame" game.

Top Bottom