• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you like better: cake or pie?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
My analysis:

I think cake has the higher ceiling, but pie has the higher floor. Even mediocre pies, you can pick out some gooey or fruity filling and it's tasty. But mediocre cake is kinda gross if it isn't moist. I've never had a pie that wasn't edible, but I've had cake that wasn't edible. Like when it's super dry it can even be hard to swallow.

But when cake is really rich and moist and high end, it surpasses pie. Pie is still great when it's really good too, but like super rich Belgian chocolate cake from an upscale restaurant is to die for.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I like both but if I had to choose I would pick pie. I'm sweet tooth(dunno if the pronuntiation is right), so every bit of sweet is enought to make my day.

GeekyDad

Thread kinda deserves the obligatory...

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Cake easily when I was a kid, but I love 'em both these days. So...mochi it is!

MastaKiiLA

Cake all day. Pie is fucking disgusting. I can only eat pumpkin pie. I can't stand the mix of textures other pies have, and I pretty much hate all pastries that have chunks of actual fruit in them. Fruit cake is the worst kind of cake. Should just call it a pie, because it's just as disgusting.

i like cake but pies are better. the only cake i eat is cheap chocolate birthday cake (no icing/filling). now let's talk pies...

iu

the best pies are cheap football match day pies but scotch pie with chips (fries) and baked beans is damn good. or instead of baked beans you can do gravy or curry sauce. a bit of vinegar on the pie .... :messenger_ok:

also these macaroni + cheese scotch pies:

iu

Last edited:

epicnemesis

I eat a lot more cake than I do pie, so when I eat pie I tend to enjoy it more simply due to the novelty of it.

That said, I think cake is better

Pagusas

Elden Member
well... hmm. If it were my last meal on earth I'd want a home made cherry pie. So I guess that answers the question for me. A perfectly made cherry pie is greater than any cake. to me.

Top Bottom