• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think will be the most “innovative” and “next-gen” feeling game released next year?

What game do you think will be the stand out innovative title as far as AAA games go next year?

• Forspoken

• Starfield

• Redfall

• The Finals

• Baldurs Gate 3

• Forza Motorosport

• Final Fantatsy XVI

• Suicide Squad

• Pragmata

• Dead Space

• Spider-Man 2

• Horizon Call of The Mountain

• Arc Raiders

• STALKER 2

• Jedi Survivor

• Stellar Blade

• Ark 2

• Zelda Tears of The Kingdom

• Wild Hearts

• Alan Wake 2

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yoboman

Going with TLOU Online. If the gameplay is an improvement of TLOU 2 with a large world online, then I expect big things for this game.
Agree

I'm intrigued to hear more. The mix of open multiplayer and cinematic has me very interested for what they are doing with it

ProtoByte

Zelda isn't innovative at all. No clue where that idea comes from. You'd think it was the first game to have *gasp* physics the way people talk about it.

And sure, it interacts more with gameplay than most games - but if you think about it, BoTW's baseline mechanics are barebones as fuck.

Agree

I'm intrigued to hear more. The mix of open multiplayer and cinematic has me very interested for what they are doing with it
I think that's just pie-in-the-sky crap we've heard before. I like Naughty Dog, but multiplayer games just don't go with a certain threshold of presentation that single player games can.

Yes, I'm salty they're spending so much time and money on a live service.

Yoboman

Zelda isn't innovative at all. No clue where that idea comes from. You'd think it was the first game to have *gasp* physics the way people talk about it.

And sure, it interacts more with gameplay than most games - but if you think about it, BoTW's baseline mechanics are barebones as fuck.

I think that's just pie-in-the-sky crap we've heard before. I like Naughty Dog, but multiplayer games just don't go with a certain threshold of presentation that single player games can.

Disagree, the live event moments like Fortnite or games like FFXIV show narratives and multiplayer can mix. Even going back to coop games like L4D.

I don't know... maybe the fact arrows dont go into infinite? weather actually has an effect on the player? Mabe because when you move something with physics it has an effect on the other things it makes contact with? Maybe because the world has clear logic? Maybe because it all behaves like it should?
It isn't just physics, it is chemistry, logic and math. It is everything. In a typical sony game things only happen for "Narrative reasons" Plot armor shite. In BoTW things happen because the world demands them to. It is on a totally different level.

The fact people can't get their head around this shows how little imagination they have.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I look forward to seeing Forza using in-game ray tracing and I look forward to FF16 having no loading times.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
"Innovative" is one thing, "next-gen feeling" is another.

I think Baldur's Gate 3 and STALKER 2 have high potential to bring great innovations in gameplay. Though if we're talking about technical achievements, I have little doubt that games releasing exclusively for next current-gen like Spider Man 2 and Jedi Survivor are taking the crown.

Last edited:
Top Bottom