• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you use to unclog your toilet when you don't have a plunger available?

trikster40

stan-laurel-oliver-hardy.gif

cormack12

Gold Member
I assume everyone saying they use their hand jas at least put it in a plastic bag first or binbag etc.

You're not barebacking your hand onto turds right

I assume everyone saying they use their hand jas at least put it in a plastic bag first or binbag etc.

You're not barebacking your hand onto turds right
I've never barehanded a turd but I've scooped up vomit with naked palms before; it's not a big deal really and is generally the fastest way to clean it up in a pinch.

Denton

Lmao I was just dealing with this shit few days ago. Nothing I tried worked, so eventually I borrowed plunger and that magical device worked like a charm.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Where I live they sell clorhidric acid over the counter. It’s obviously a nicely diluted solution but it’s powerful enough to solve all your toilet problems.

Just open all the windows, pour a bottle into the toilet and go away for a couple hours while the acid does the work.

Hair dryer can also work for the ladies.

Put a plastic bag over opening and make a hole with the hair dryer and put it on suck for a minute then switch to.blow.

It has the same results as the plunger.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
My teenage son blocks the toilet too often. Logs that would scare a lumberjack. A plunger does nothing to fix it. A plastic knife to cut up the offending material while not scratching the porcelain coating to avoid future problems is the go. Gross and one of those shitty dad jobs. I'm about to go all Yankee doo doo dandy and flush his head down the toilet hazing style if he keeps it up much longer. Time to pass the plastic knives to the next generation, I know what to get him for his next birthday.
Lol Christ my 12y.o. has laid a few and I swear I've been tempted to inspect his arsehole for signs of tear at the size of them and yes yours truly has to go at them with a stick to break them down and flush em, I'd make him do it but the toilet would probably end up looking like a dirty protest

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
This guy dads hard.

My late grandfather had a long screwdriver dedicated specifically to manually mincing manure prior to flushing. He would use it if he wasn't confident that the waste would flush successfully, usually when he had a bout of constipation.

I may not be half the man that he was, but I will carry his tradition with me now and to future generations.
“Mincing manure” is a good metal album title.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
My teenage son blocks the toilet too often. Logs that would scare a lumberjack. A plunger does nothing to fix it. A plastic knife to cut up the offending material while not scratching the porcelain coating to avoid future problems is the go. Gross and one of those shitty dad jobs. I'm about to go all Yankee doo doo dandy and flush his head down the toilet hazing style if he keeps it up much longer. Time to pass the plastic knives to the next generation, I know what to get him for his next birthday.
If he’s a teenager it’s time he was chopping his own logs.

TylerD

I have plungers handy at home but if I have serious doubts about it making it down or a stubborn "bridger" and nothing else is available, I'll wrap my hand in several layers of TP and do what I must. Just don't get it under your fingernails if you can avoid it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom