• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What does “first half of 2023” mean for redfall & starfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Their choice of wording on the twitter statement was understandably vague, they dont want to give an exact window or date just to delay it again, which is wise. But lets be real about their choice of words here. The first half of 2023 lasts from january to june. And note they said first half, not first quarter. So, the games will feasibly be out at some point in the next 12 months or so. Now, my optimistic guess is redfall for march, and starfield for may or june. My pessimistic, and most likely accurate guess, is that redfall comes out in june (technically just making it within the first half of the year) and starfield gets kicked further down the road to november of 2023.

What say you? Lets keep this thread strictly to date/window guessing. We can keep the drama about microsofts line up for other threads.

ManaByte

February/March for Starfield to go head-to-head with God of War: Ragnarok

Summer for Redfall.

Honestly not excited about Redfall at all. Bloodhunt scratches the vampire hero-shooter BR itch fine.

saintjules

Probably by June 2023 for Starfield and somewhere earlier for Redfall. Though I don't really know nowadays.

But what's the rush? We've barely seen any gameplay between these two games. Why is there so much hype for them?

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
February/March for Starfield to go head-to-head with God of War: Ragnarok

Summer for Redfall.

Honestly not excited about Redfall at all. Bloodhunt scratches the vampire hero-shooter BR itch fine.
Redfall isn’t a BR at all though? it’s more like a story driven borderlands from what we’ve heard

Riky

$MSFT
Redfall isn’t a BR at all though? it’s more like a story driven borderlands from what we’ve heard

Yes, think more like Borderlands or Destiny than Left 4 Dead, this is why people got the wrong impression from the trailer. Hopefully the Showcase clears it up.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
If there were any gameplay videos of STARFIELD instead of just an awareness that it exists (like the time before the FO4 trailer before E3) I'd be upset about this delay. As is we've seen nothing of the game other than concept art and a short animation of a companion. Let's recheck hype meters after this showcase.

. . . same with RED FALL. Definitely into class looter-shooter from Arkane, but we've seen nothing but a cinematic.

TexMex

. The first half of 2023 lasts from january to june.

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dunno, but man whatever, let them take their time. I'm not in a rush to play it, and I'd rather have a pleasant first experience with Starfield rather than some buggy / unoptimized mess.

Now, Redfall tho... Do people actually care for that one? I thought it looked horrendous.

Quantum253

Taking that there still isn't official gameplay released for either title ( I would expect at least beta/final stages next month) that said:
Redfall: February/March
Starfield: June (possibly moved 11-21/23-23 but would have a huge impact on building hype and pre-order cancellations).
Also, because Elder Scrolls 6: Hammerfell isn't really hitting prod until Starfield releases, that more than likely delays that title another year. There should be a new Fable somewhere in that mix too.

Their choice of wording on the twitter statement was understandably vague, they dont want to give an exact window or date just to delay it again, which is wise. But lets be real about their choice of words here. The first half of 2023 lasts from january to june. And note they said first half, not first quarter. So, the games will feasibly be out at some point in the next 12 months or so. Now, my optimistic guess is redfall for march, and starfield for may or june. My pessimistic, and most likely accurate guess, is that redfall comes out in june (technically just making it within the first half of the year) and starfield gets kicked further down the road to november of 2023.

What say you? Lets keep this thread strictly to date/window guessing. We can keep the drama about microsofts line up for other threads.

It means "2024"

onesvenus

I can see Redfall releasing during the first half and Starfield being postponed again.

That's not a problem. If games are not ready to take the world by a storm, give them time.

What's most interesting IMO is what's Microsoft going to plan to fill those holes in their roadmap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom