• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

PC gaming is so weird.

I have access to Fallout New Vegas on both PC and Xbox with game pass, the Xbox version is 60 FPS, and for me it seems to run a lot smoother there than on the PC.

Keep in mind I have a 1060 laptop with an i5 CPU and 16GB RAM, so it's not like I'm trying on a Pentium 3. However, even with 1080p and moderate settings (or any settings) the game has a lot of stutter and judder just moving the camera around. It just runs so bad.

Does it look terrible on Xbox or does it feel like a legitimate version? Everyone always says PC is the way to play which I'm sure it is but like, is it still the same experience or do the visuals just take you out of it on xbox?

I tried playing Dragon Age Origins on SX for example and it seems to me the PC is probably 10x better due to graphics and m+k ...feels like a diff game when I compare videos of it with PC ...

Quantum break after finishing Alan wake Remastered.
Enjoying it so far, but the motion blur is horrible and this game could definitely use a 60fps update.
But I guess at this point that's not going to happen.

I can't believe how companies like Remedy have such little respect for their console audience as to not patch a game of theirs that they know would play and look 10x better updated for new hardware...am I being entitled? No, I don't think a 60 fps update is too much to ask for. I'd even be willing to pay $10 for it.

This is one area where console gamers are being treated like shit still. MS and Sony should be behind this too, trying to catch up to PC in terms of BC. So many games are stuck at shitty resolutions and framerates yet we have consoles that can easily run them well ...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Does it look terrible on Xbox or does it feel like a legitimate version? Everyone always says PC is the way to play which I'm sure it is but like, is it still the same experience or do the visuals just take you out of it on xbox?

I tried playing Dragon Age Origins on SX for example and it seems to me the PC is probably 10x better due to graphics and m+k ...feels like a diff game when I compare videos of it with PC ...

It's an X360 game but just running at a very good frame rate, no resolution boosts like FO3 or Oblivion got so there's that.

I would like to be playing the PC version at 1440p too but it's just not working good for me at all.

OwPcSpJ.jpeg

UoofYYW.jpeg

H1OdGSf.jpeg

Ks149Kl.jpeg

Labolas

Wanted: Dead (PC)
Ngl, the core gameplay is fun as fuck and is a blast to play. Everything else is neither not as good or straight up bad. The loading in the game is pretty egregious as well.

Dr. Suchong

Wanted: Dead (PC)
Ngl, the core gameplay is fun as fuck and is a blast to play. Everything else is neither not as good or straight up bad. The loading in the game is pretty egregious as well.
I'm going to grab this (physical) on Ps5 when I can find it for under a tenner.
Has that wonderful B-tier, Ps3/360 aesthetic that I miss these days.

ryu4

Neo Member
Replaying OG Deus Ex on my new ultra wide monitor. Ultra wide gaming is a pain in the ass if you play a lot of old games so you'll spend 5-20 minutes configuring .ini files and maybe install a mod but once you get it working it's peak gaming experience

Last edited:
Splatoon 3. This game deserves more of my attention, it’s really good but the skill level is stupidly high.
This series was ruined by the Switch Online paywall. Splatoon 2 was a ton of fun, with a varied playerbase. You had the hardcore and the newbs. When Nintendo shut down the free online, I saw the difference almost immediately. All the casual players disappeared.

After two sequels and gated online access, all you have left are the most devoted of the hardcore. The series went from an awesome gateway game for casual players to the worst possible choice for newbies.

I can’t believe Nintendo fragmented the playerbase all for a measly $20 a year. I blame Smash Bros. I sincerely believe that is the game that gave them this awful incentive.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This series was ruined by the Switch Online paywall. Splatoon 2 was a ton of fun, with a varied playerbase. You had the hardcore and the newbs. When Nintendo shut down the free online, I saw the difference almost immediately. All the casual players disappeared.

After two sequels and gated online access, all you have left are the most devoted of the hardcore. The series went from an awesome gateway game for casual players to the worst possible choice for newbies.

I can’t believe Nintendo fragmented the playerbase all for a measly $20 a year. I blame Smash Bros. I sincerely believe that is the game that gave them this awful incentive.
I'm all about Splatoon but I do think 3 is probably the worst of the 3 in some ways. The maps are all open and wide, not as memorable or varied as in 1 and 2. I also really dislike how you need a win streak to get tickets to get new guns instead of just using money. Other than those small gripes, it's still pretty great. And yeah, the $20 fee is literally just my Splatoon tax.

Top Bottom