• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

k_trout

to fill the autumn void bethesda left me in this year, i decided to take the plunge and get star citizen - but im still waiting for the payment to be fulfilled ......... so im playing nothing

Aenima

Playing Lost Judgment right now, and im enjoying it much more than Yakuza: Like a Dragon.

Alot of things i disliked in the last Yakuza they fixed it and its a much more enjoyable game to play.

- In Yakuza there was way too much random battles one after another, in Lost Judgment they are more spaced and enemies dont attack you if you are on skate.

- While i enjoy turn based combat, this series does action combat much better.

- There was way too much micromanagement in Yakuza:LaD, having multiple characters where u had to upgrade they weapons, acessorier, attack skills, etc. In Lost Judgement you just worry about 1 character.

- The city in Yokohama can be too big to travel on foot and takes a good amount of time to move from one point to another. Having a skate in Lost Judgment makes it much better to travel arround without the need to use a taxi.

- Thers new and more interesting side games to play.

Yakuza was still a more funny game with more funny side content, almost all side content in Lost judgment tries to be kinda serious so that was disappointing. But the main story is very good.

Highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Grand Theft Auto III - The Definitive Edition

122685.jpg

Loving playing this classic game with enhancements. Feels so surreal to drive around a HD world after playing these games for so long with the early 2000's graphics.

GametimeUK

So I have just beat Halo 4. I really enjoyed my time with it and it was sooooo much better than I was lead to believe. I guess skipping it and having Halo 5 as my first 343 Halo game killed any desire to go back and play Halo 4 considering I missed it. Fan feedback for 4 wasn't hot either. I don't understand it. Yeah it was a bit different, but it wasn't bad by any means.

Also, I spent around 4 to 5 hours on Monkey Island today. What a great game. No idea why I had the random urge to play it, but I just couldn't stop once I started. Currently just touched down on Monkey Island and currently caught up to where I was on the PS3 version all them years ago. Need to finish it this time.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
SMTV like it seems everyone else is. But I noticed Metal Gear Solid 5 is on PlayStation Now and I never finished it, so going back to that on the side.

Oh also Forza Horizon 5. Still plugging along, still have come in first place in every race and event. I am the shittiest racer game player on the planet but for some arcane, fiendish reason I am kicking ass in this

Rodolink

Had a shoulder operation and been having lots of time.
Finished Yakuza 0, Dragon Quest 1 and 2, I've only played 8 when it was released on Ps2 aeons ago, wanted to go through all of them, now's the time. I'll continue with xI though.
And finally The Witness, i just finished it yesterday with 430 puzzles done, I only kindda cheated on the first vault. to my shame.
Not sure I should get the platinum, I'm not a trophy hunter and have no platinums but this one could be the first if the challenge mode is not too frustrating. What a great game, Jonathan Blow is a genius.

GymWolf

Giving a second chance to zelda botw now that i have the pro controller and not those fucking joycons.

But 5-6 hours in and i 'm already noticing all the flaws that i hated the first time, from stupid ass samey enemies to the ultra basic combat to the lack of an evade button when you are not lock on to the cumbersome ui\inventory (i hate nintendo button layout) to the cakewalk challenge to the lack of any interesting loot or rewards for exploration...

This time i'm gonna avoid the shitty 4 beast dungeons and just explore the whole world in the ho0e of not getting bored to death, not sure if i have this strenght in me tho...

P.s. hilarious that the framerate is still shit in many occasions even after the patches, hopefully botw2 is gonna be more optimized.

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
Started Diablo III again for the fourth time (I think). I'm using the necromancer, he's pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything

lachesis

Persona 3 FES on PS3. I'm in about 110 hours into the game, Finally in the end game phase - Early December, dealing with Ryoji for the first time.

Right now though - I'm spending more time leveling up and getting $$$ to create persona of my likings.

The whole skill inheritance thing is rather frustrating - that I've spent like 30 minutes going in and out of the menu, hoping to get at least 2 out of many.
But at the same time, it's incredibly satisfying once you do get.. say, 3 out of 4 that you want...
... Except, you just move onto the next Persona you want to personalize, going back and forth for another 30 min.

This type of things - reminds me how incredibly well thoughtout P4G was, in terms of QOL improvements. Of course, there's like 6 years of term with P3 and P4G.
I haven't played P4 on PS2 before, so I wouldn't know the difference between P3.

As per the storywise... I'm not that too invested into this whole dark theme that everyone seems to love..?
I rather like the "inner darkness" within the generally light-hearted story in P4 and P5 - this one feels like whole tone of the game is basically a ripped off Evangelion, down to many things in the design itself of the port island environment, or certain Personas (like Thanatos looking like Eva 01) or many characters themselves. Seeing how wildly popular and influential Eva was in late 90s till early 2000s - I guess it's understandable... but so far the whole story hasn't been my cup of tea so far.

I know there's "Answer" part after the "Journey" part on FES - not sure if I'm going to play it or just read/watch about it... but I am going to seek out and watch the animated movies after finishing the game.

SnapShot

Max Payne 3

whole game feels like a parody about max payne himself at times lol, still a fun game nonethless with many cool setpieces and levels

engstra

Finished RE8 last night. Had a lot of fun with it, although shame they removed the scary aspects that made RE7 so great. Was longer than I expected it to be, which is discouraging me from wanting to replay it anytime soon. The minute to minute gameplay just isn't engaging enough. Solid 8/10 type of game

Manji Uzuki

Playing Sakuna of rice and ruin. Around 17 hours in and I guess I'm quite advanced in the story.

The game is addictive and has a lot of charm. It's also ideal for quick sessions in the Switch. I have been super busy lately so this kind of game is perfect for me right now

Playing Control on PS5. Finally 60 fps and short loading times! Dual Sense support is quite decent as well.
Had to replay a big portion since I didn’t save to the cloud apparently when playing it on PS4

taking a break from Destiny and Apex.

diving head first into Halo Infinite. Best halo experience i've had in a decade. Was enjoying Battlefield Portal but my 10hr trial is down to like 3hrs.

Amory

Far Cry 6 - I'm a big fan of this series and "more of the same" was never going to bother me. But that said, idk about this entry. It's just not scratching the itch the way previous games did. Even 5 was a lot more enjoyable to me, and 5 was nothing amazing. It's hard to put my finger on why, exactly. I'll still probably finish it.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla - exact opposite of what I said above. I'm really enjoying valhalla even though it's not breaking any new ground. It's just mindless fun. Very easy to get into that Ubisoft flow where you just keep running to the nearest map marker and completing whatever objective it is, rinse and repeat. Also runs and looks so good on PS5.

Deathloop - Man what a game. Just so unique and interesting and addictive. I love the investigation aspect and they somehow manage to make a game that is literally repetitive not feel repetitive. My GOTY.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Finally completed Darkwood last night. Really enjoyed it overall, although the fun of exploration wears off too fast. I got the true ending.

Mossybrew

After finishing Guardians of the Galaxy I was actually kind of at a loss for what to play next, I was counting on Battlefield to be my next game, but now I'm gonna wait on that one. So, time to go back and find some games I passed over at first, not my first choices, but I'll give 'em a chance. Amazon has their buy 3 for the price of 2, and these games were all discounted to begin with, so not a bad deal, just ordered:

Lost Judgment
Tales of Arise
Life is Strange: True Colors

All for PS5, I figure these will keep me occupied for the rest of the year at least.

lem0n

Forza Horizon 5 is my main squeeze right now. I also got the Halo Infinite multiplayer beta going here and there. I played Fallout 3 last night too since they added FPS boost to it on XSX.

Kellathor

Neo Member
Detroit: Become Human

Brother got it for me as a birthday gift, and, man, it has a lot of moments that are too realistic. Really pulls at your heart strings.

Wow, just wow! Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg on the Gamecube is LEGIT! I had a fuck ton of fun learning it’s pick up and play nature...a perfect marriage of Peak Sega and Nintendo design in certain places! This would’ve been right at home on the Dreamcast, but love that such a game could exist on the Gamecube too! I recognized alot from this game that makes this the Sonic Adventure spiritual successor I wished Balan Wonderworld was. I don’t hate it, but when I originally got it, this is the game I wished it was! I love the concept of using the Eggs as weapons, the overall quirky world and catchy OST of it, making the eggs bigger by comboing on the enemies with successful shots, it’s a super addictive mechanic because it encourages you to grow the eggs larger so you’re even more OP with the egg, then it becomes easier to wipe out lanes of enemies at a time. It’s like if this game’s combat was bowling and the enemies are the pins XD Certain camera angles, sound effects, and physics quirks prove that this is a genuine Sonic Team game from that era, and it’s wonderful! I hope the rest of the game maintains this quality, because that first level was a fantastic first impression, and if it continues to deliver I may try it’s multiplayer too which is 4 players, a step up from SA2B’s 2 player capacity. This is a heck of a video game!

drganon

Recently beat Caligula effect 2 and kingdom hearts 2. Now I'm on the first kingdom hearts. Probably should played that one first, but too late for that now.

Rodolink

getting beaten by The Witness caves challenge 😭.
I'm no trophy hunter in games, but thought maybe this one could be the first as you "only" need to beat that challenge to get the last trophy.
But damn it's hard, does anyone here have any tips?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just hit prestige 6 in COD Black Ops Cold War.
Tomorrow I'll probably buy Fire Emblem 3 Houses once that goes on sale on the e-shop.

Top Bottom