• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Injustice 2 - PC:
Love the game, hate the publisher, fuck the system (with trainers) :) - TMNT are super fun!

Castlevania - Lords of Shadow - PC:

Still looking good here and there. If it's on sale, give it a try, I'd say.

Fallout 4 - PC - heavily modded:
Always worth a stroll.

Miitopia - 3DS:
Fun Game for a while. Better than Tomodachi Life.

Binding of Isaac - Rebirth - PS Vita:

My Vita has to die, before I stop playing this game...

Snoopycat

Banned
Bloodborne. Everytime I play this I get so far in and then get bored of my character and make a new build. This time I'm determined to stick with my str/arc build and finish it. I've just done Cainhurst and the One Reborn which is further than I've been before

My wife is haha I don't care for it so much but she loves it. To me it just feels the same way riding horses in Oblivion and Skyrim did.
The "Pet" feature is my wife's favorite part of the game XD

That was the dream for me, seeing my Sabretooth Tiger chomp down whomever I was chasing and then giving him a good pat on the head and feeding him a chunk of meat, I'd have to say I think Far Cry Primal has been my fav so far, it was different enough to make it stand out. I have high hopes for Far Cry 5 coming out and have been pleasantly surprised since I got into the series back on the PS3.

Breath of the Wild. I got a switch from my wife and have been savoring it. Trying to avoid the main quests as much as possible. Such an incredible game. I'm a Dad with two kids and could never find time to get on the xbox and play and had pretty much fallen out of playing games for a while. The switch has completely reignited my joy of gaming.

MilkyJoe

Forza Horizon 3 - with Blizzard Mountain Hill climbs and Hotwheels tracks, it's the most fun I've had with a game in years.

PS they both are eye melting in 4K HDR.

Cosmonal

Neo Member
Zelda Link to the Past on original Super Nintendo via RGB on Framemeister. Just rescued the third maiden and saved the game :)

Metroid: Samus Returns. Loving it. Definitely recommend it. I'm still fairly early in, but the environments are really REALLY neat in 3D.

DartKOOPA666

Neophyte
Working on my backlog this year. I am just finishing up Rise of Tomb Raider right now and will probably start Titanfall 2 next.
Really like Rise of Tomb Raider but I think I like the first reboot game more.

Corrik

Woohoo finished Wolfenstein 2.

Trying to decide if I should play Metro, Prey, RE5, Mass Effect 1, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of War, FFXV, or Dead Rising 4 next. Decisions decisions.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Trying to get though Mass Effect Andromeda slowly but surely, some of the locations are so vast, but hey maybe a good thing in a way seeing as who knows when there will be another Mass Effect...

Last edited:

Randomizer

I’m actually juggling too many games atm.

On PS4 there’s Horizon Zero Dawn, Prey, The Witcher 3 GOTY & Rime. On switch Celeste & Fire Emblem Warriors. I have Uncharted Lost Legacy in my backlog and it’s my birthday next week so I’ll be getting Monster Hunter World, Shadow of the Colossus and a few more games.

Too many damn games, I am drowning in them. And there’s never enough time to finish them all!

Dark Souls 3...im working on 100% achievements totally offline. It's really going to suck doing it this way.
I tried this back at release on PS4. I gave up trying to farm for the covenant items. I have the DLC to play through so maybe it will reignite my hunt for a platinum in every Souls Borne game.

Last edited:

Garnox

Mostly Destiny 2. Just finished the Crimson Days event and now Faction Rally is going. So some small things to keep me chugging along.

Wife and I just beat Mario Odyssey, so we’re gonna tackling the endgame content soon. Though all of this is done around the arrival of our newborn daughter, so time is spread pretty thin 😅

Edit: As for recommendations, wait to play D2 until this fall. Big expansion will breathe new life into this game.

Odyssey is a must play. Couch co-op is fun or going solo. All around good experience if you’re a Switch owner.

Last edited:
I started Pillars of Eternity but shortly after Kingdom Come came out so PoE will have to wait. Playing some of SotC and finishing the Horizon DLC

jadedm17

Fortnite : Battle Royal

My Switch has the most love from me right now, but I beat Zelda, Mario (mostly), Rabbids and have played an insane amount of Splatoon 2.

Once Kirby, Yoshi, etc. come out I'll be back to my Switch. I strongly prefer single player at my old age of 30.

about 70 hours in DW9 now... it's actually pretty awesome on Chaos difficulty, the AI is so much better. they use defend abilities a lot more and different enemies defend differently, or are countered by different style weapons/triggers differently. dueling different styles of bandits or officers and adapting your weapon choice/triggers/gems is fun, and some of the battles (e.g. Hulao Pass as Dong Zhuo) are really massive... like 3000-4000 KOs. plenty of cloned camps/castles with generic captains too tho.

game looks pretty decent with low or HUD too. pretty nice world design once you leave the Great Plains of the early chapters and the game has tremendous weather effects. the jungles and mountains/valleys of the south-west have some pretty decent landscaping. half the time looks like a cheap last gen MMO (FF XI quality?) with plenty of cloned assets but other half the time the landscaping is decent looks like a current gen mmo (less XI, more XIV) -- and it has its moments. it has probably over ten different levels of weather or atmosphere effects... some of the different types of storms or haze are a nice touch. not everything is lazy without attention to detail: torches go out when the wind picks up or it rains, and mud collects on your clothes faster when it rains (and you're actually fighting in dirt). i like how feathers on your weapon match the direction of the wind (even if you turn your character) or just how many things are dynamic (grass that bends or objects that break) ... but it makes you wonder why do those things when you frame rate is shit lol. 60 fps first plz -_-

sadly the polish 2/10 but there's a great foundation here for the XL version ... though, that's also why I'm happy Koei is getting shit on... not really acceptable behaviour to release such a poorly polished game, even by DW standards. which is weird because the game is absolutely massive in terms of content, cutscenes, voice acting, etc -- spent so much time trying to make the game big and saved nothing left to polish it beyond barely beta phase 1 quality.

Last edited:
I’m about 150 hours into Xenoblade 2. I enjoyed the game from the beginning, but I didn’t start to fully appreciate it until I was 100 hours in.

Orpheum

Dynasty Warriors 8:
Just got an itch after rewatching the DW5 Mousou Mode due to nostalgia. it's aight. Nothing special.

Warframe:
Trying to get into this game but it's tough...

Really both of these games are just placeholders until Far Cry 5 and God of War release

KiteGr

I'm playing Monster Hunter World every now and then. Usualy one or two hunts with every chance.
Finished the first Story on NIER: Automata. Currently taking a break as I've heard that the second story was very similar.
On my PC I've just finished YS 1&2 Chronicles+. I have already downloaded Oath to Felgana.
I'm taking a break because of all those games, but I never really stopped playing Guild Wars 2. I'll jump back when the new patch gets out.

Last edited:

Oddspeak

Multiple fighting games because I registered for a couple events later in the year, so I'm practicing on and off. Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Tekken 7, Guilty Gear Rev 2, and The King of Fighters XIV.

Outside of those, just Warframe on occasion. My friends have abandoned me for Monster Hunter World, which I don't have yet, so I just log on to grab the daily tribute and maybe do the sortie with randoms so long as they don't have spy missions or Vay Hek assassination that day.

I pretty much have no game on my radar until Yakuza 6 in April. Maybe Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition since I didn't buy the season pass for the base game and I'd like a reason to replay it other than for the sake of it.

Kadayi

Banned
I'm about half way through Baldur's Gate 1 at present (replaying it with the enhanced edition) however I'm probably going to put that on hold whilst I finally get into KCD which I just haven't had the time to dedicate to. I had a brief play around with it yesterday to get a feel for the systems but I'm thinking I might go M&K versus controller.

Last edited:

ABeezy1388

Assassin's Creed Origins and Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Just started KCD yesterday after picking it up after work, and started ACO a few weeks back. Probably will be playing KCD quite a bit and ACO wont see any play time for a while.

NewComer

I'm playing the original Half-Life for the first time. I really like it so far, it is not bad for a 20 year old game. Other games I am going through right now include To the Moon, The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, and Valkyria Chronicles. Can't wait to get through all these!

Shifty

I'm going through Kingdom Hearts 2 FM on critical mode at the moment. Decided to replay the series ahead of 3 coming out.

I'm loving the way critical mode forces you to learn how the game works in order to progress. I absolutely melted Xaldin last night after figuring out his reaction commands, which was pretty satisfying given that he's the first boss I ever Mickey'd on back in the day.

After always hearing so much praise for it and the series, I ordered Yakuza 0 and it finally came yesterday (in all it's disc came loose in the case goodness since a PS4 not coming loose in the mail is like a EA game not trying to bend you over every 3 minutes, it just does not happen), so I dropped everything and playing it. I quicky found out what all the praise was about.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Pes 2018
COD WW2 campaign
only a hour or 2 every other day, i spend more time watching my son play these days.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Bayonetta and soon moving in to the 2nd game.
I also replaying Persona 5. I absolutely LOVED music in this game.

Also:
patiently waiting for Ni no Kuni 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 new game + update.

Last edited:

Marvel

could never
Just got into Overwatch on xbox x (yummy 4K) with my buds. Amazing game.

SFV and Injustice 2.

Last edited:

Troy1

Neo Member
MH World, BOTW, and Nier Automata

Would recommend all of them, maybe not all at the same time. Still have Yakuza 0, AC: Origins, P5, and Fifa 18 from black friday that I haven't even opened yet.

Rodolink

I got very hooked up with Fallout 1 and just finished it. Now I want Fallout 2, but can't wait for a steam sale :(
if you have a spare key to share...

In the meantime I'm with Oxenfree but is almost over.

Top Bottom