• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
To many

Getting into horizon dawn

Played some control on xcloud and decided to buy the definitive on the BF sale

Played a bit of FH5 and some infinite MP.

Gonna try halo infinite single player

Playing through san andreas Remake

And been playing Luigi mansion 3 and BOTW.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Finished Rachet & Clank on the PS5 yesterday. Even though I did not like it too much I love how Insomniac keeps chugging out these old school games reminicent of the 90s. To me most games used to be "you like it or you don't". Too many games these days aim to please everyone but then end up not really blowing away anyone. RAchet & Clank is one of these old games. You like it or you don't. I wasn't too impressed by it (just like with Ghosts of Tsushima) but can appreciate what Insomniac has made. Just wish they finally do a game that is totally in my alley....

7/10

Ellery

Through with Hades now and thinking about The Outer Wilds next.
Many people recommending The Outer Wilds and I just recently bought it during a PSN sale (including expansion).

Always looking for a good deal for a new game I haven't played, but this year has been kind of slow for banger games.

Rippa

After reading about a suggestion on Sea Bands to help with nausea/motion sickness, I’m slowly gaining some “VR Legs” and have been clearing out some PSVR games.

AstroBot and now Moss.

Next will be Blood and Truth or Borderlands 2VR.

Kev Kev

sea of thieves
halo infinite
halo MCC: halo 1 through 5 (campaign only)
back 4 blood (taking a hiatus till they fix the balance, but im still checking in)
skyrim vr
no many sky vr
borderlands 2 vr

might give Moss VR another shot soon. i liked it but it hasnt hooked me yet

Last edited:

GriffinCorp

Switching from GTA Trilogy on Xbox Series X , GTA III on OG Xbox and enjoying the hell out of it, then to Halo multiplayer. Its been a fun week.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Still going through SMT V. 70+ hours in and the game's still kicking, and I love how well balanced the game is, as after all this many hours I don't feel too OP or too under leveled.

Also been trying some VR games: Gorn sucks. Boneworks sucks donkey fuck. Cosmodread is simple but very fun, made me feel like I was exploring the Alien ship.

Lately I've been having this weird WH40K itch, so after SMT V I think I'll play either Mechanicus, Dawn of War or just replay Space Marine.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Battlefield 2042 and just finished Gris. Really enjoyed it and the art style.

Also started Kena and I'd say I'm about half way through it now.

RAIDEN1

Does anyone know if it is worth getting an Xbox One X instead of a Series X and does Sonic transformed racing (which came out in 2012) also shows the FPS boost on the One-X? Or is it only exclusive to the series X?

Demon's Souls.

GemRaOZaCMhGxQ9dRhnQQyT5.png

This game is absolutely gorgeous.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I totally missed Kingdoms of Amalur when it first came out (Probably because I was balls deep in Skyrim then) so I started Re-reckoning.
I like that "WoW had a baby with Fable" look and the quests are fun so far.

Yesterday decided to gamble on Fallout 76 on a Black Friday sale as I figured after a whole 3 years they must have fixed the worst issues since launch...

I'm a Fallout whore and I couldn't resist, will check it out tonight!

Demon's Souls.

GemRaOZaCMhGxQ9dRhnQQyT5.png

This game is absolutely gorgeous.
Umbassa.

I just replayed it for the 10,000th time counting all my playthroughs of the original. Such an important game at a time when AAA gaming was trending to completely forgetting game design in favor of making all games as close to Hollywood feeling as possible.

GymWolf

Replaying ac origins because i'm in the mood for a checklist open world and this one is the less shitty between the 3.

I'm really just killing time waiting for halo campaign tbh.

Last edited:
I go back to ACNH every now and then just to re-arrange my island, i've done that like 3 times now. Finished Aria of Sorrow and decided to continue with Dawn of Sorrow...but just didnt' feel right. And thats about it.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Literally just finished Metroid Dread, masterpiece.

Popped Skyward Sword in straight away. Only 3D Zelda I’ve never played. Feels amazing that I’ll get to experience this fresh, I’ve missed the classic 3D Zelda (as good as BOTW is).

reektann

Finished Guardians of the Galaxy and Metroid Dread - both totally excellent.

In a holding pattern for Halo Infinite campaign now so trying some gamepass games and playing any short indies I have.

Played through Exo One which was very unique/cool if a little glitchy and now started The Artful Escape which I really like the vibe of.

Also continuing to tear around in Forza Horizon 5.

lachesis

Finished Call of the Sea on XSX Game Pass.
After 150+ hours of previous games that I've been playing - wanted to do something short that can be finished in a day or two.
Was interested in Call of the Sea since it's availability on Game Pass - heard it's going away soon, so finally checked it out.
Charming little game, and enjoyed the puzzles - I think this would be a great VR game - but rather surprised to see quite a bit of performance/fps drops in certain areas (especially within the house or something)

Also started to play the Castlevania Advance on Switch, and began Yakuza 4 on game pass as well - I'm just little wary that 4 and 5 may be too bloated - but fingers crossed.

Nearing the end of Guardians of the Galaxy and it's one of the best superhero games I've ever played, seriously impressed.

Skull the Hero Slayer is a tough as nails rogue-lite with a colourful aesthetic and fantastic combat. As a vet of the genre (BoI, Rogue Legacy, Dead Cells, Gungeon, Hades etc) I can say that I've never taken so many hours to reach my first clear (still haven't made it past area 4) but I'm chipping away at it every few days when the mood catches me.

Good way through Death's Door, isometric Zelda-esque adventure with gorgeous art and a god-tier soundtrack, happy to support this indie dev day 1.

Just started Outriders. When the game first launched in April I tried the demo and was put off by some of the technical issues but thought there was something interesting there and would eventually buy it on sale, got it for $20 BF. Devs have ironed out most of the issues since it released and I'm really digging it, action-packed looter shooter with a surprisingly intriguing world/narrative.

DragonNCM

Halo infinite multiplayer on xss, league of legends summoners rift ranked, Ruined king PC, HZD on PS5.
Waiting for Halo infinite sp, probably will get Returnal sometime in December.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I realized I haven't played an honest to goodness quality FPS campaign in probably four or five years. But I didn't want anything set within a war, or the military, so replaying some CoD or BF campaign was out of the question. Then I noticed that Battlefield Hardline was on PC Game Pass (via EA Play, which is included as ya know). I don't know why I passed on this back in 2015, but reading the description and watching the little video in the Xbox app convinced me. Thoughts early on:

- For a game that released in 2015, the graphics and audio design are superb. Running at 2560x1440 with all settings ultra, it can go toe to toe with the latest Battlefield games. In fact in many ways it's better, as since it's a campaign it can focus more on intimate world design

- I don't know if this supports spatial audio, but I have a PC sound bar that does Dolby Atmos and DTS X and all, and it certainly sounds like it. Even if it doesn't, well, the sound engineering in this is still very good

- I perked up a bit when I saw Visceral Games during the opening montage. I know they've since been shut down, but I always loved their approach to game design

- I love, love, love detective and cop shows. And that's basically what the campaign is, with many actors one would expect in such a thing. And hey right away it's Travis Willingham! Your big brother in my favorite game inFAMOUS: Second Son. Of course Benito Maritinez is your cop boss. Etc. Great casting

- The action and gameplay hold up very well. In fact it's really fun and often engaging. My only criticism is that this looks to be built with Frostbyte, which is fine, but they embraced the DICE practice of constatnly trying to obfuscate the player's vision in obscenely unrealistic ways. Like, did these engine engineers ever just walk around in the real world and test their ideas? There is not a constant supply of drifting debris and particles all over the place all of the time. Running into a trashcan doesn't cause massive, impenetrable clouds of dense smoke. Etc. It's like damn, just design your action sequences better, don't confuse not allowing a person to see what they're doing with challenge

Only a few hours in but it's a solid 4/5 for me thus far.

Last edited:
Just finished up The Forgotten City. I think I could have shaved off a good 4 hours of gameplay not looking around so much. It was a neat trip of trial and error.
Need something else to play.
I might give The Raven another go as I stopped playing a while back to play something else, will have to start over as I've forgotten what was going on.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Chipping away at a few titles.

REmake on the Wii via the Wii U, trying to unlock the various modes.
Super Mario 3D World, trying to get 100%.
Metroid Prime 3, I've never beat a single Metroid game but am determined to do so. Damn hard at times but I'm progressing nicely. Made it to Skytown last night.

I also ordered Mario bros U/Luigi U, stoked to play that with the wife. Also ordered up Wii Fit U with the pedometer. Winters are long where I'm at. Figured I'd try Wii Fit U in conjunction with the treadmill. Gotta keep off those holiday pounds, I'm not getting any younger, lol.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Same, I wish they'd port over Twilight Princess. Never got to play it with a regular controller and it was pretty great from what I remember.
Yea, TP HD is awesome. It really is a shame that Nintendo hasn't brought it over to the Switch. That game is in need of a new generation of gamers to experience it or reexperience it. So many have convinced themselves that the game sucks which is just complete madness IMO. TP is easily one of the best Zelda games. It's my personal favorite.

stn

In the last few days I've played Tales of Arise (PS4), Crysis Remastered (XSX), and Beyond Good And Evil HD (XBLA). All are fantastic.

BigBooper

I tried playing Dragon Age 2. I hated it back when it was new but I wanted to give it another chance. What a smelly worthless turd it is.

So I moved on to some more Forza Horizon 5. I might play Biomutant next.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Control on PS5. Playing with 100% walkthrough to get the Plat as fast as possible.

I know the main game already from the PS4 and bought the PS5 version mainly because of the DLC, which I do not know yet. So I kinda can‘t wait to finish the main game. It probably would be even fun if it wasn‘t for that turd of a game map. What the hell were they thinking?

Rodolink

Still playing Dragon Quest XI, loving it overall but damn Im already so tired of the music! same song over and over and over, im very close to just put Spotify and mute the damn thing. A bit disappointed because the tunes are nice, but hoped that ever area and town had different songs (some have, some share same music)

Soon finished with the The Witcher 3 + expansions. 150 hours. Third playthrough. Starting to get burnt out by these massive games. Good thing the game is fantastic. But I think I'm ready for some 10 hour experiences now.
i love witcher 3 but yeah i remember that feeling coming out it. i needed a lot of short games before i felt i could jump into another open world game

Finished Dragon Age Inquisition and all the DLC. Downloaded Anthem on GamePass and I...kinda like it
anthem had so much potential. what i played of it i liked it too. oh well :(

Last edited:

Rodolink

Control on PS5. Playing with 100% walkthrough to get the Plat as fast as possible.

I know the main game already from the PS4 and bought the PS5 version mainly because of the DLC, which I do not know yet. So I kinda can‘t wait to finish the main game. It probably would be even fun if it wasn‘t for that turd of a game map. What the hell were they thinking?
I agree the map is not really usable, and takes long to load.

Fredrik

Switch
Third playthrough of Metroid Dread, kids beside me. Only behind Super Metroid on my best game of all time list. 10/10

The kids are playing Minecraft too after the been update, been looking at that a bit, kinda interested to jump in again but I think I’ll wait on the warden.

XSX
Forza Horizon 5. It’s the best racing game ever. Can’t stop playing. It’s actually all I’m playing seriously on the Xbox right now. Needs better music though. Still, 9.5/10

Tried some Halo Infinite yesterday, just dabbled a bit with mp and bots. Surprisingly fun even though mp isn’t my thing. Felt really solid, the campaign could be great.

PC
Haven’t fully dropped Cyberpunk 2077 yet, mostly trying mods at this point.

No Man’s Sky, I’m addicted. Building a cool base on a lush grassy planet right now. Not a fan of some new additions though, the waiting for stuff to be built in the settlements. Annoying. They’re just padding the game with more playtime for no reason, I’ve already spent nearly 500 hours playing this, it doesn’t need fabricated playtime boosting. What this does is making me want to stop playing, I don’t have time to wait so I just log off and restart another time instead. Dumb.

Last edited:
Top Bottom