• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Guardian's of the Galaxy.
Loving every minute of this.

Story so far is interesting, mocap is great, voice acting as well. The characters interactions are also funny. I was expecting the humor to be really forced and that never happened...
The combat is chaotic as hell, and at first a bit overwhelming with way too much happening and barely any tutorials...but once you get the hang of it it's addictive!

Still trying to order the games i'm playing next between Tales of Arise, Kena and Life Is Strange 2. But i might do Kena then Life is Strange 2 and Tales. Horizon Forbidden West might come out before i start Tales so i might play that one before Tales, lmao. No way i'm going to wait for that one.

Tunned

Finally finished Yakuza 3's story yesterday, after being distracted by BF2042 and FH5. Going to take a break from the Yakuza series so I started Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, great game so far, I didn't expect to like it so much, I went it blind, and better yet I only paid 1.59€ for it on cdkeys.com.

Gamerguy84

Story so far is interesting, mocap is great, voice acting as well. The characters interactions are also funny. I was expecting the humor to be really forced and that never happened...
The combat is chaotic as hell, and at first a bit overwhelming with way too much happening and barely any tutorials...but once you get the hang of it it's addictive!

Still trying to order the games i'm playing next between Tales of Arise, Kena and Life Is Strange 2. But i might do Kena then Life is Strange 2 and Tales. Horizon Forbidden West might come out before i start Tales so i might play that one before Tales, lmao. No way i'm going to wait for that one.
That's cool. I'm getting into that game right after Miles M. I bought it recently at GS for $28.

WoodyStare

Finished Halo Infinite on Heroic a few weeks ago and played several hours of multiplayer, decided to finally start Breath of the Wild. About five hours in and loving it so far.

Is this only 1080p for 60fps on the ps5? or was that patched to 4k/60?

In the middle of Phantasy Star IV (Genesis/MegaDrive) and Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Yuna (thanks to getting an English patch). Some SF3 3rd Strike in-between (been a few months since I touched it, sticking with Remy and Alex for now but will ease back into my other characters). Been considering Mizzurna Falls too, since that got an English patch recently.

As you can see my current query is pretty much retro games, either JRPGs I missed out on that I want to play these days, or once Japan-only games (mainly JRPG, adventure, visual novel types) getting English translations. Don't have either of the next-gen consoles yet but there's nothing technically stopping me from picking up PS4/XBO versions of Forbidden West, GT7 etc. Which I might end up doing for the interim. Gonna be a bit before I can move current-gen gaming needs over to PC.

JT14

Banned
Playing my backwards compatibility games on XSX

Fable 3
Fable Anniversary
Lost Odyssey

Gonna replay Halo Infinite too

Duchess

Finished Yakuza 0. Enjoyed it, even if the cutscenes were too numerous and too lengthy.

Tried Salt and Sanctuary, but found it too clunky. I also didn't like how it was so grey. The art style didn't do it any favours, and the enemies, etc. would often blend into the surroundings.

Now going through Hades again (with God Mode enabled, as I've already escaped once) to finish the story.

G-Bus

Banned
Barely have time to play anymore but I have jumped into deep rock galactic twice now.

A lot of fun. Harder than I expected and I like the variety of everything. Tons to unlock and what not. Solid, solid game.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Nier Replicant

I loved the original to death, so I was a bit worried this remaster would tamper with certain aspects of the original that I would not enjoy, or at least not have vocal opinions about. Fortunately I love this game as well. It's even better than the original. As far as I'm concerned, this is a remake. Visuals are reworked, combat is tight and responsive with new moves, new content, boss fights, remastered OST, 60 fps. It's night and day, comparing the two versions. It looks and plays so much better I would never dream of going back to the original. This is an absolute masterpiece of a game that's now even better than ever. What a time to be alive.

Vagswarm

Same here. I’m at the start of chapter 8. Drax’s lines just kill me. Gorgeous game and combat is fun.
Looking forward to trying it out myself. Been hearing nothing but good things about it. It's rare that a game doesn't deliver post hype.

EruditeHobo

Playing through Blasphemous on new game +, for the DLC & best ending.
Love a metroidvania, and this is a really, really strong one.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I just did the Advance event quests in MHRise fighting Allmother Narwa and man she does way more damage in this quest but love fighting her.

Sunset Overdrive is hella fun! Dat traversal system is so free flowing it's insane how much things you can do right off the bat! I like it's storyline so far too and the combat and enemy design too...didn't expect this game to click with me this much but glad I finally gave it a chance!

Walking Dead Saints and Sinners. Or should I call it Walking Dead Try to Keep Calm?

The maps are very small. The gameplay is very simple. There's no quicksave or checkpoints. If you die you have the chance to go back to where you died and recover your loot. If you die again it's gone forever.
Or you can restart the run.

The fact that I can't use two-handed weapons (due to a disability) makes it extra stressful.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Nier Replicant

I loved the original to death, so I was a bit worried this remaster would tamper with certain aspects of the original that I would not enjoy, or at least not have vocal opinions about. Fortunately I love this game as well. It's even better than the original. As far as I'm concerned, this is a remake. Visuals are reworked, combat is tight and responsive with new moves, new content, boss fights, remastered OST, 60 fps. It's night and day, comparing the two versions. It looks and plays so much better I would never dream of going back to the original. This is an absolute masterpiece of a game that's now even better than ever. What a time to be alive.
I would even say I like brother Nier more than papa Nier for the fact that Brother Nier sees Popola and Devola as his parents which makes fighting against them that much more painful.

Last edited:
Wonderful 101 Remastered - super creative and surprisingly hilarious.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 - old school goodness. Cleared ep 1 on Vet, on level 6 of ep 2, Castlevania lives through Inti Creates.

Back4Blood - everyday I try to make progress on Nightmare having solo'd Recruit and Vet difficulties. Still haven't made it past the first leg of Act 1, starting to feel like I've had my fill anyway.

Deep Rock Galactic - only played a couple of hours to check it out, lots of stuff I dig (heh heh) but still undecided whether I'll put any serious time into it.

Been enjoying working through the backlog as I patiently wait for our Lord and Saviour Elden Ring 🤲.

Last edited:

Aurelius

I've been a little bit in a games slum after new years. I should finish Metroid Dread but I'm procrastinating. It's getting a bit intense with all the boss fights. Instead I decided to give Animal Crossing a third try and I'm playing a lot of Civilization 6.

Last edited:

drganon

I'm primarily bouncing between playing tales of arise and a second playthrough of smt v. Ive also started getting into splitgate. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. The fact that it's free is even better.

GrayDock

Platinumed Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning, started the original on PS3 but stopped playing in favor of another game and never got to finish it, decide to do it now. The story is good, but the final twists are too close to the end to have an impact in the overall story. And it has too much collectibles to platinum, not 1000 korok much, but more than it should. Would like a new game in the universe, the lore is pretty good, but with next/current gen visuals and less collectibles.
Started Immortal Fenyx Rising and is, for now, a good assasins creed odyssey with a Zelda BotW skin. It'll be another long platinum just by the map size alone...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Platinumed Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning, started the original on PS3 but stopped playing in favor of another game and never got to finish it, decide to do it now. The story is good, but the final twists are too close to the end to have an impact in the overall story. And it has too much collectibles to platinum, not 1000 korok much, but more than it should. Would like a new game in the universe, the lore is pretty good, but with next/current gen visuals and less collectibles.
Started Immortal Fenyx Rising and is, for now, a good assasins creed odyssey with a Zelda BotW skin. It'll be another long platinum just by the map size alone...

I've been looking into that.

Have you gotten the Fatesworn DLC ? Do you need to have played/beaten the base game to get to it or is that something you can start after beginning the main game proper ?

GrayDock

I've been looking into that.

Have you gotten the Fatesworn DLC ? Do you need to have played/beaten the base game to get to it or is that something you can start after beginning the main game proper ?
Nope, I didn't get this DLC, but as I understand you need to finish the main game story to get to play it, since it continues it, but they could add a shortcut with a minimum level.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nope, I didn't get this DLC, but as I understand you need to finish the main game story to get to play it, since it continues it, but they could add a shortcut with a minimum level.

Thanks ! That's what I was afraid of.

Not sure if I want to replay the entire massive game again just to reach the new DLC content.

Mr Hyde

With roughly two months to Elden Ring I don't really feel like starting something new. So I booted up DS remastered and started a new build. Going for a quality based spear build. Thief and master key. Went straight for Demon's spear and holy shit it kicks ass. Good thing too, because it was a major pain in the ass to get a hold of. Running past the hydra in basin, cheesing those rolling cat bastards, getting toxic in Blightown. A veritable nightmare.

Was surprised at how good it looks on my 4k set. Running buttery smooth 60 fps. I don't think I can ever go back to 30 in these games anymore. Or any game actually. I remember playing this on PS3 and it looked like shit and ran even worse. It was a downright slide show at times and I'm very lenient when it comes to stuff like that. Borderline unplayable. PS3 was such a garbage console.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Continuing my swapping between Halo and Gears of War.

Finished Halo 1-3 and Gear 1+2 and now started Gears 3. Man, I must have really not played this much because it feels like a new game to me. Digging it a lot more than Gears 2 so far. Cautiously optimisti but I‘m only in the beginning.

Mr Hyde

Playing Dark Souls with the Pulse 3D headset is really something. I don't know if the 3D audio is enabled in PS4 games but the atmosphere is incredible. You can practically hear every little nuance, from the character breathing, the wind howling, grunts from enemies behind you or in the vicinity. It's a sublime audio experience that I've never really payed attention to before, mainly because I seldom played with headphones during the last generations. But now with PS5 that has changed significantly. Love the Pulse headset.

Mr Hyde

Blighttown is not so bad if you

1. Have the ring of fog so you don't have to deal with the toxic blow dart enemies.

2. Have the rusted iron ring for swift movement in the swamp.

3. A good weapon, preferably a long spear, to keep enemies at bay.

4. Not play on PS3.

Without any of those it's hell on earth.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Finished It Takes Two coop with my brother. That was weird. Good game, but a weird story to do coop.

Started up Biomutant. What a weird game. It feels like it was mostly developed in like 2010 and they just finally got it done with a cash influx last year. The gameplay is pretty rough, but not unfun. It's a lot like the B tier games on PS360.

Y0ssarian

Banned
Going through the PS4 exclusives I missed last gen. I started Ratchet & Clank (2016) today and I'm flying through it. It's the first R&C game I've ever played and I like it a fair bit. Solid action platformer. Will probably wrap it up tomorrow or the day after.

I'm also still playing The Last of Us Remastered. I think I'm like halfway.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Project Zomboid

It really is an incredible little game, Found it by accident while looking for something else.

Multiplayer is a lot of fun.

Hey, I've been plying this too!

Great game, and it'll be even better in a million years once the devs have finished it's development .:messenger_grinning_sweat:

It's a lot of fun, like a blend of The Sims with zombie survival, with all it's stealth and looting. Very hard too.

Still playing Chivalry 2.

I recommend everybody get this game so I can slash both your arms off before stabbing you in the chest.

Also:

Kingdom Come DLC
Little Nightmares 2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2

McCarth

Super lttp but I just finished The Last of Us Part II, and honestly, it was phenomenal. I watched a couple random YouTube vids afterwards cause I couldn’t understand how this game got any hate at all at launch, and I just chuckled at how silly each one was. The game was insanely good.

Naughty Dog really are in a league of their own.

engstra

Finished Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, overall was pretty fun. The parts where you play the mummy are the most enjoyable as it's purely platforming and puzzle-solving. Was not expecting the Sphinx portion to be as open-world as it was and made the game overstay its welcome. The mechanics of having to capture monsters and use them to break objects etc was really unnecessary made the game drag.

Y0ssarian

Banned
Finished The Last of Us Remastered & Left Behind DLC. I was surprised how good the DLC was, I thought it was going to be unnecessary, but was actually really well done.

reektann

I finally got into the Hitman series the other day when I noticed Hitman 3 was on offer so I bought Hitman 3 and imported Hitman 1 and 2 into the Epic launcher from Steam (i bought them years ago then never really tried them) - was a very slick process. Played through Hitman 1 in and had a really great time. I love how it pays to really look around and listen to people then you just start to come up with the most elaborate ways to kill your target and the voice work and cut scenes make you feel very cool. Almost reminds me of Arkane games how you just start to look at all the ways to get into places or complete tasks. The game also looks totally stunning and im playing in ultrawide 21:9.

Also played through The Pedestrian on Gamepass - I played on PC as I think Mouse and KB worked wonders with this after I found the gamepad a little clunky on the Xbox. Dont miss out on this - it has The Witness vibes and the last puzzle is just super cool - very cool twist! Has some really cool "aha!" moments when you finally nail a puzzle.

Playing Ender Lilies too on Switch - about 12 hours in. I'm quite enjoying it - it just feels a little "floaty" in combat so you miss that moreish feel like in Hollow Knight where it mixes sound and just hitting things making a "thck thck thck" sound that really makes it feel nice. It's still really cool though and came out of nowhere really. Visuals really pop on the OLED switch and the music is fantastic.

Finished the main story and most of the side quests on Lost Judgement. I am a big fan of the Yakuza style series and Yagami is a real cool dude. I think the additional way they added on to being able to traverse around without having to fight was a wonderful addition. I will go back soon and finish of the school stories.

Played a lot of Castlevania circle of the moon in the collection on switch and I think I’m in the back quarter. I always seem to zone out playing castlevania games - very satisfying just to hit shit with the whip. The double tap to run semi broke me for a few days after though as I was doing it in every game. Not a huge fan of a the card system and it’s RNG on what you even get but it’s quite fun having so many different moves. I’ll go back and finish this up soon.

Last edited:

Artoris

Gold Member
Blighttown is not so bad if you

1. Have the ring of fog so you don't have to deal with the toxic blow dart enemies.

2. Have the rusted iron ring for swift movement in the swamp.

3. A good weapon, preferably a long spear, to keep enemies at bay.

4. Not play on PS3.

Without any of those it's hell on earth.
"Toxic blow dart enemies" I usually take them out with bow and arrow

I find the sen fortress worse

Top Bottom