• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Mr Hyde

I find the sen fortress worse

Sens Fortress is great. One of my favorite areas. I remember the first time I arrived there, had so much problems conquering it. From Software did not fuck around here. Only downside is the weak boss and the bats flying you to Anor Londo. Would've been cooler with a long staircase up and then you get greeted with the fantastic view (kinda like when you arrive at Irithyll from Carthus in DS3.)

Rivet

I'm playing Wasteland 3 on PC. Nice CRPG, weapons and dialogues are fun, with a lot of impactful choices. Graphics and animations are average but the RPG is fun to play. Unlike Cyberpunk, it's a real CRPG, there are a lot of ways your game can go at every step and a lot of ways each side quest can end... You can side with a lot of different factions, depending on your strategic goal in the game. It's a smart game. Only negative is the fights feel a bit samey after a while.

Also playing fun coop games on Quest 2 with my friend, like Demeo or Arizona Sunshine. Arizona is ugly, it's an old game, but killing zombies in coop VR is always very fun.

Demeo is a nice coop simple RPG played in 3D with good graphics and animations. You get cards you can use depending on the class you chose. It plays with up to 4 players (and you should be a party of 4 or it's really hard). It's a bit like playing a simple tabletop RPG. You mostly fight monsters. Concept is great, but the game could gain a bit more depth. Maybe in the 2 DLCs, didn't try them. I think this kind of VR strategy games is here to stay. I saw you can already play Chess, Poker or Catan in VR too.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Towards the end of Rise of the Tomb Raider. What a great game. Wasn't expecting it to be this long or good. Never found myself bored and did a lot of the side quests. Exploring, collecting and reading all the letters was fun. They definitely let you choose whether to use stealth or go balls in... I chose both. There isn't anything I dislike about the game. Really solid. I also wasn't expecting a huge reveal in the story to turn out as it did.

Some of the reviews I read beforehand placed it last in the series' reboot, but I think it's better than the first one. It's a good thing IGN had it on their best of list recently, because it gave me the push needed to play it. There's a lot of good stuff yet to be played in the backlog and I probably wouldn't have played this one otherwise.

Last edited:
Unpacked on game pass,im really enjoying this it’s so calming there’s no story but you bet the gist from the items your unpacking,see if I’m right is it a lesbian couple in the later lvs and do they adopt a child?

Resident Evil HD

bio1-share-global.png

Been doing a Jill playthrough. Never did a run through saving Barry and Chris, so I'm working on that now. Game always feels super fresh to play because I never remember any of the puzzles or where to go.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Resident Evil HD

bio1-share-global.png

Been doing a Jill playthrough. Never did a run through saving Barry and Chris, so I'm working on that now. Game always feels super fresh to play because I never remember any of the puzzles or where to go.
I can safely say I enjoy RERemake more than RE2remake, it was really enjoyable and how well it aged. It makes me want to see fix camera return in next mainline RE game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I've been playing a bit of Resonance of Fate, a JRPG that so far is the most unique thing I've played in a long time.

Everything in it is very original when it comes to the gameplay, like the battle system, which consists on moving while doing pirouettes in the air while shooting guns, or the world map, which you have to unlock by placing pieces like some kind of puzzle. Like what the fuck is this game, but man is it fun to play.

My only gripe with it is the story. I've played like 4 hours and so far nothing seems to be happening at all.

Vagswarm

Probably halfway through Guardians of the Galaxy. Played it a lot yesterday. If you ever wanted a comic movie to be translated into game form, this is pretty much it right here. Like the Marvel movies, it's an enjoyable ride with memorable & sometimes hilarious characters. They never stop arguing with each other, lol. The music is awesome and makes the experience better. They used the Bioware template which works well. It's pretty straightforward and not very difficult – the default (normal) setting was way too easy, and even hard isn't that bad.

I can see why a lot of people like it and would recommend it as well. It makes me want to watch their movies again.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Halo Infinite

Bought a (budget, but works fine) controller with 2 back buttons and I have been fucking around with button assignments for the last couple days. Reassigning, tweaking settings, .. Still not happy, having been playing default for the first 3 (2?) Halo's and bumper jumper after that it's comically frustrating how my brain is wired to press, for example, LB to jump instead of whichever other button it's currently assigned to lol. I mean it's mostly fine during SP but when under pressure in MP... Yeah.. Oh well I'm having a good time nonetheless =)

Last edited:

GymWolf

Still playing deep rock galactic, this fucking thing is keeping me away from mh rise pc launch, if someone have told me this 1 week ago i would have laugh in their face.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Are you playing solo GymWolf GymWolf ?
Nope, this thing shine in groups, even randoms, the community is great, you always have people helping, offering beers, dancing...

You know you are in a good team when by the end of the battle you had clicked the right stick to scream llike 100 times in 30 min, the sense of comradery is unbeaten.

And don't even let me start talking about the soundtrack or the lighting system...

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Nope, this thing shine in groups, even randoms, the community is great, you always have people helping, offering beers, dancing...

You know you are in a good team when by the end of the battle you had clicked the right stick to scream llike 100 times in 30 min...

I thought as much =) Nice you're enjoying yourself. I tried it out for a bit and i can see why

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
Finished inFamous Second Son. It grew on me a little bit around the halfway mark. I liked the neon powers the best. Video was useful for ascending buildings. I'm on chapter 8 of Uncharted 4 and this game is good

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Assassin's Creed Odyssey has been pretty interesting the last 10 hours or so. Fought mythical creatures, acquired awesome armor and weapons, found Atlantis and the story have been advancing in an exciting way. It feels like it's really starting to shine, setting up the ancient Greece and all of its mythology the way I anticipated it would when I first started playing it. I'm at the 95 hour mark. Absolutely massive game. And not always in a good way. A LOT of padding and bloat. Still having fun though exploring the world. Probably the highlight of the game. The beautiful world, the free climbing and exploration.

intbal

Risen 2

Started immediately after finishing Risen. What a dramatic shift from one game to the next.
Controls are radically different
Combat is different
Characters are different voice actors
Storyline is not the one I chose from the first game
Graphics are a generation more advanced
Menus, inventory, maps, logs are easier to understand

fart town usa

Gold Member
Final Fantasy 13 and a bit of Phantasy Star Portable 2 on the pspgo.

Kinda in a rut right now with gaming, having fun with FF13 but also having a hard time finding a game that really grabs me right now. Think it's mostly due to cabin fever, been cold as balls the last few weeks and it's just too cold to go outside for a walk or x-country ski.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Vampire Survivors. arena shooter with passive shooting (kind of like snkrx). it’s decent for a game that’s only a few dollars

Hayabusa83

Banned
I have to say, I am thoroughly enjoying Mechwarrior 5 for the Series X. It has a pretty steep learning curve, but once you get used to navigating through everything it quickly becomes addictive. Wish they included Clan Mechs.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Persona 5 Royal

I beat Persona 5 twice back when it first released. This is my first time with Royal. Great game, but long.
If you don't want to miss the new content:

Rank up Maruki's confidant to the highest level possible

Don't be like me, read the spoiler and avoid having to beat the game twice.

TintoConCasera

Resonance of Fate's PC port is a load of fuck, so I've put that in the backlog again and might play later on on an emulated PS3. Kinda bummed because the game is cool, was enjoying the combat and humor a lot.

I'm not going through Ender Lilies, or Lolivania as I like to call it. Haven't played much but so far I'm liking it very much. The game looks amazing, has a great soundtrack (kinda reminds me of Nier: Automata sometimes) and the combat is more than fine.

The_hunter

I'm nearing the end of Metro exodus, played it on hardcore difficulty, it's a fantastic game. Great story, great gunplay. The only thing they could improve is the very barebones enemy stealth AI. Game has boobies in it.

Last edited:

lachesis

Finished Yakuza 5 - while definitely not a bad game, it just felt too bloated. Finished at just shy of 100 hours. (99.5 hours..)

Yakuza team though - they sure don't waste anything, that they build up with whatever assets and use them whenever they can. Was quite shocked how big the scale in 5 was.... but bigger isn't always better, it felt.
As per the story wise, while there were some touching moments - it was somewhat tiresome, often overused in Japanese pop culture "following your dream". It felt rather corny, seeing these mid 30-60 year old yakuzas yapping about their dreams and whatnot. Haruka part was surprisingly bearable - but one that I could live without was Sinada part. Also felt somewhat weird vibe with his physique and voice not really matching well.

Started up Yakuza 6 out of curiosity of how the story is going to go - and so far liking what I'm seeing. Quite some graphical upgrades - as I thought Yakuza 5 remaster was pretty barebone, if not lazy. The shadow shimmer were quite bothersome (hadn't noticed that much on 3 and 4)... but compared to that - Yakuza 6 with 60fps upgrade does look nice. I mean, Zero and Kiwami both came out after Yakuza 5, so I guess I'm seeing the 2 game + 1 full generation upgrade... However I still caan't get used to the new face modeling for Kiryu and Haruka just yet - but I guess it will just settle in as I get to see them more often. (It took me a while to get used to Yakuza 3 kiryu as well, after seeing Kiwami 2 Kiryu) I stopped playing it where I could save for the first time, as I am planning to take a 1-2 game break before jumping in Yakuza 6 - but already looking forward to it.

Next game is Resident Evil 2 Remake. I wanted to play this game for such a long time, and I'm in about an hour into the game... and loving the heck out of it. RE7 was great, but I feel like 3rd person view gives me a better spacial awareness between me and surroundings... :)

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished SNK vs Capcom card fighters clash on my switch. I beat the Capcom edition so next I may do the SNK edition and get all the cards.

Subnautica. Goddamn why did I sit on this game for this long? The sense of exploration, experimentation and immersion is top shelf! Sure the graphics aren't cutting edge but it's enough to get me immersed. The sound design is breathtaking. Most of all, it's just having the freedom to explore, figure things out, at my own pace, while working towards a grand objective of rescue (I hope) is quite refreshing.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
uNh47d2.png

I completed Nioh 2 last March and have since been feeling the urge to do the same for Nioh 1. Clocked at 140 hours. Such a great series, the gameplay loops are just addictive, combat systems are so superior, and waifus are so hot, lol.

Gotta admit as a diehard souls fan, I look forward more to Stranger's paradise than Elden Ring, Team Ninja really knows how to make satisfying combat.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I decided to buy Alan Wake Remastered, I really enjoyed the game back in when I had 360. It was actually last game I played before selling the console.

Duchess

Finished Hades, fully. Man, what a great game! I'll admit that I hated it at first; thought it was massively overrated. I think that stems from the fact that RNG is your biggest enemy in the opening hours, but the more you play, the better it becomes.

Now onto Ratchet and Clank : Rift Apart. I'm sort of refusing to believe that some of what I'm seeing isn't pre-rendered!

Last edited:

reektann

There is a pocket of time before Horizon and Elden Ring so I’ve been looking at some backlog I have but also some smaller games.

Bought Hitman 3 cheap at Christmas on Epic so I pulled my Hitman 1 and 2 into it and finally actually played more than just the training mission of a Hitman game! Ended up finishing it quite quickly. What an awesome game and I’m moving straight onto Hitman 2.

Once you realise you have all the time in the world to calmly scope the location out and start to look the silliest or most satisfying way to kill a target it’s just a great time. It helps having the little mid mission stories as it helps me be creative it how you do things so you become more knowledgeable for future targets.

Finished Ender Lilies which was really good on switch. Spent a lot of time mopping up each secret on the map each time I got a new ability. Really pretty game with a great soundtrack/score. It really popped on the new OLED screen.

Also finished up Figment last night on switch. Another one I bought very cheap in the sale and it was a really cool little puzzle style game with a really unique art style and music.

Started Dying Light which I’ve owned forever on PC. Really looks superb in ultra wide and I’m digging the scavenging about and picking locks. Combat reminds me of Condemned which isn’t a bad thing.

Also started Lost in Random on PS5. Another game with really unique art style and the dice / card / combat is very interesting so far.

Orta

Banned
NFS Hot Pursuit remastered (Switch). Obviously remastered is stretching it but its great to have a racer of its ilk on a portable. Looks nice, runs smooth, great sensation of speed. Obviously the police pursuits are the highlight of this title in an otherwise shit franchise. Only cost €11 on sale last week.

Good buy.

Y0ssarian

Banned
uNh47d2.png

I completed Nioh 2 last March and have since been feeling the urge to do the same for Nioh 1. Clocked at 140 hours. Such a great series, the gameplay loops are just addictive, combat systems are so superior, and waifus are so hot, lol.

Gotta admit as a diehard souls fan, I look forward more to Stranger's paradise than Elden Ring, Team Ninja really knows how to make satisfying combat.
That's good work. Nioh 1 + 2 were way too hard for me. I beat the five Soulsborne games and Ninja Gaiden and stuff but Nioh just seemed way harder. Strangers Paradise looks interesting but I'm hoping the co-op is easier than requiring say, ochoko cups. Code Vein's system would be great for me

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Halo Infinite got it's hooks (no pun intended) in me hard!

Finally noticing I'm getting better and it's paying off well

I'm really loving the game and it's all about the gameplay

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Man Lightning Returns was hard. I did side quests and still couldn't beat Caius.

The game lives and dies by your character builds, I've found. Finding a good combination of passive abilities attached to weapons, accessories, shields and abilities can quickly make you borderline indestructible.

It's weird to say, but LR is unironically one of my favorite FF games.

TintoConCasera

Been wanting to give Moonlight a go, which is a homebrew that allows to stream games from PC to the Switch.

IMG-20220116-185436.jpg

So far it works very nice. There's barely no input lag, and it doesn't suck up the battery faster than any other native game.

Took the chance to also start playing Persona 4 Golden. Haven't gotten to the dungeon part yet, but so far I'm liking it.

Some Sega Saturn games here and there. The only two purchases i'll be making this year is Elden Ring (which will probably occupy half of my free time this year), and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 which unfortunately got delayed. Maybe some Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Play once it starts in-between Elden Ring sessions.

Nothing else interests me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom