• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

That's good work. Nioh 1 + 2 were way too hard for me. I beat the five Soulsborne games and Ninja Gaiden and stuff but Nioh just seemed way harder. Strangers Paradise looks interesting but I'm hoping the co-op is easier than requiring say, ochoko cups. Code Vein's system would be great for me
Nioh is indeed a bit more unforgiving in the beginning comparing to other soulsborne games, especially you could end up in a bad situation where you ran out of elixir, but it actually gets easier as you progress ahead. I believe the difficulty curves drop quite a lot for both games after second region. Each weapon pretty much has a go-to skill that you can spam across the whole game, and there are many ways to cheese the bosses - Onmyo magic is so overpowered. Try to get the sloth talisman - it slows down the bosses/enemies so much that the combat become a faceroll, lol. Maybe when you have time give it another try, when it clicks, it really makes you don't want to stop, xD.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Digging into Deathloop. I'm into it so far, I was a little worried from the premise.it was gonna be too roguelike and too repetitive for my liking but so far that doesn't seem to be the case.

bender

What time is it?
Finished:

-Aria of Sorrow: Great game but I'm a little sad that I've finished all three games from the collection.
-The Gunk: One of the worst games I've finished in a while. It feels like a rushed student project and I expected a lot more from the makers of Steamworld Dig. Go back to 2D please.

Gamepass'ing:

-Kill It With Fire: Kill me with fire. One level was enough.
-Superliminal: While I appreciate the concept the performance and controls feel on the rough side. I wish puzzle games didn't try to be so much like Portal. Props to the Talos Principle I guess.
-Serious Sam 4: Speaking of CroTeam, this has to be one of the worst technical showings on console I've played in a while which is too bad because it seems fun otherwise.

Replaying the great Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night! Gave me that feeling those classic Japanese games like the earlier Resident Evils up to 4 gave me somehow even though it's not the same series or developer...it's a great game on all fronts, highly recommended. It reminds me of 2019 and is such a comfort game, a modern classic!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Alan Wake remastered is weird, they go out of their way to update character’s faces but don’t do much improve character animation.

Also is it just me or I can’t play the game on Nightmare difficulty from get go? I remember playing 360 version on that difficulty from the beginning.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Alan Wake remastered is weird, they go out of their way to update character’s faces but don’t do much improve character animation.

Also is it just me or I can’t play the game on Nightmare difficulty from get go? I remember playing 360 version on that difficulty from the beginning.
You remember wrong. On the 360 nightmare was also only unlocked after you've finished the game once.

Last edited:

Data Ghost

Trying to finish off the remaining activities on Forza Horizon 5, want to also delve into its multiplayer which can be wild fun. Trying to also find time for Halo Infinite multiplayer, along with Warzone Pacific. On PS5 I am working my way through GotG which I need to get done before Horizon Forbidden West. Then just before bed I like to destroy people in a few games of Tetris Effect which winds me down nicely :)

Last edited:

Labadal

I have been playing a lot of Yakuza: Like A Dragon. Reached chapter 11. While the battle system has a lot more potential, and could be improved in the sequel, it's still fun. Story, characters, and substories have all been fun. I have spent many hours with min games. I'm also trying to do some part-time hero stuff. The UFO Catcher ones were a bit annoying, but I got them in the end. The plan is to platinum the game, although some trophies seem very grindy. Especially the ones where I have to max Kasuga's level, and maxing all jobs.

Portal Bridge Constructor - Best 2 euro game over ever played haha

F1 2021 - Just got a full sim setup for the first time

Will be playing Horizon when it's released

AndrewRyan

Been playing more twin-stick shooters in anticipation of the Steam Deck. Just finished Bleed 2. A very short twin-stick, platforming, bullet-hell shooter with no grinding or filler content. Super tight controls feel great with smooth animation and fluid gameplay. It's a little easier that most in but has higher difficulty options. Improving your score/speed runs are what makes it replay-able.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Replaying the great Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night! Gave me that feeling those classic Japanese games like the earlier Resident Evils up to 4 gave me somehow even though it's not the same series or developer...it's a great game on all fronts, highly recommended. It reminds me of 2019 and is such a comfort game, a modern classic!

You should play the latest record of lodoss game then : wonder labyrinth. It has that 90s high end 2D game feel and a killer soundtrack. Basically a SoTN clone

just beat farcry 6,now I’m trying to finish watchdogs legion which I find soo boring and buggy I’ve had it crash numerous times on my series x only game that crashes,farcry 6 never crashed once I hope they go back to the original or 2nd watchdogs formula.

Labadal

When I am not playing Yakuza: Like A Dragon on PS5, I am playing the Gothic 2 mod The Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos. The game is blowing my mind. It is so damn good. If you're a fan of the Gothic series, drop every game that you are playing, and give it a shot.

Midn1ght

Trying to trim my backlog this year, I'm playing a game I started ages ago: The Wolf Among Us.

First and second episodes didn't grab me but I'm liking episode 3 and 4.

Next will be Dying Light or finishing up FFVII Classic for the 4th or 5th time in my life. (But first time on Steam).

That's good work. Nioh 1 + 2 were way too hard for me. I beat the five Soulsborne games and Ninja Gaiden and stuff but Nioh just seemed way harder. Strangers Paradise looks interesting but I'm hoping the co-op is easier than requiring say, ochoko cups. Code Vein's system would be great for me
Nioh only starts hard. It gets easier throughout. By mid-game it's too easy.

bargeparty

I've been playing through the Arkham games for some reason. I started with Asylum just to see it running maxed out since it had been ages since I played it and my PC is the tits now. Oddly not a lot of mods but I couldn't stop playing.

So I played Asylum, City and just finished Origins and ugh on Origins. Knight is next and I only played it once but have fond memories and wasn't bothered much by the batmobile stuff. Curious to see how I feel this time.

Asylum and City though, chefs kiss.

Played a goalless round of Shadow of War (PC). Just killing and imprinting captains. Still think the Arkham-Fight-System is a bit flawed in its "rhythm", but the overall gameplay is pretty ok. Visuals in 4k/60 do hold up, if a bit dusty looking.

Schmick

I've never played a GoW game so i'm starting from the beginning by playing GoW HD on PS Now for PC. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far although admittedly not too far into it, yet.

Also i've managed to somehow get into Elite Dangerous. So playing that too.

Y0ssarian

Banned
Finished Uncharted 4 today. I give it a 3/5. Still working my way through God of War (2018), I'll beat the main story Quest line tomorrow probably. I'm gonna start Marvel's Spider-Man to replace Uncharted 4

Iron Sky Invasion

A really obscure space flight game where you literally fight space nazis. Spin-off based on a movie, apparently.

I've been playing a bit of Resonance of Fate, a JRPG that so far is the most unique thing I've played in a long time.

Everything in it is very original when it comes to the gameplay, like the battle system, which consists on moving while doing pirouettes in the air while shooting guns, or the world map, which you have to unlock by placing pieces like some kind of puzzle. Like what the fuck is this game, but man is it fun to play.

My only gripe with it is the story. I've played like 4 hours and so far nothing seems to be happening at all.

Platinumed it years ago. Its like John Woo directed a JRPG. Pretty underrated imo. One of those memorable and unique games that I think got neglected.

Its a shame sales didn't justify a sequel. Tri-Ace definitely deserved another go at it imo. It had a great foundation for something amazing in a new entry. I suppose the battle system was kinda convoluted for some/most people to get the hang off.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Idk i had other games unfinished. I was playing it on Normal difficulty but changed it to easy. I guess i couldn't find a motivation to play it further but like i said maybe i will continue it.
I liked the game a lot but yeah, coming from a fan of the series I guess this doesn't mean much.

I would say... The game overall is very samey, in the sense that all you do is battle, explore and fuse demons. If that kind of gameplay loop didn't grabbed you the first time, I'll doubt it does the second.

Platinumed it years ago. Its like John Woo directed a JRPG. Pretty underrated imo. One of those memorable and unique games that I think got neglected.

Its a shame sales didn't justify a sequel. Tri-Ace definitely deserved another go at it imo. It had a great foundation for something amazing in a new entry. I suppose the battle system was kinda convoluted for some/most people to get the hang off.
I was really liking it, but sadly had to drop it because of some issues I was having with the PC port. I was enjoying it tho, game had it's fair share of humor and the battle system's fun and overall very original, which I always aprreciate. Guess I'll try in the future, maybe on another PC or just emulating the PS3 version.

Oh and yeah, Iron Sky is a movie about space nazis. Kinda bad but kinda fun, if you are on the mood of a bad but wacky movie.

amigastar

I liked the game a lot but yeah, coming from a fan of the series I guess this doesn't mean much.

I would say... The game overall is very samey, in the sense that all you do is battle, explore and fuse demons. If that kind of gameplay loop didn't grabbed you the first time, I'll doubt it does the second.

I was really liking it, but sadly had to drop it because of some issues I was having with the PC port. I was enjoying it tho, game had it's fair share of humor and the battle system's fun and overall very original, which I always aprreciate. Guess I'll try in the future, maybe on another PC or just emulating the PS3 version.

Oh and yeah, Iron Sky is a movie about space nazis. Kinda bad but kinda fun, if you are on the mood of a bad but wacky movie.
Thats kind of a Pokemon style of game, right? Never got really into Pokemon also but i could imagine i would like that kind of gameplay loop.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Thats kind of Pokemon kind of game, right? Never got really into Pokemon also but i could imagine i would like that kind of gameplay loop.
It absolutely is, I often refer to mainline SMT as Pokemon for adults.

Main difference might be that in Pokemon you build your dream team and stick with the same Pokemon for most of the game, whereas in SMT you are constantly swapping and replacing demons. I like it better this way since I think the fusion mechanic is really engaging.

So yeah, SMT V, you explore large open areas (much larger than the first one), battle demons while building your team through demon fusion, and then finally test your team against whatever the next boss fight is. All of this accompained by a great OST and a kinda average story that doesn't get in the way of the fun.

How far did you get more or less?

amigastar

It absolutely is, I often refer to mainline SMT as Pokemon for adults.

Main difference might be that in Pokemon you build your dream team and stick with the same Pokemon for most of the game, whereas in SMT you are constantly swapping and replacing demons. I like it better this way since I think the fusion mechanic is really engaging.

So yeah, SMT V, you explore large open areas (much larger than the first one), battle demons while building your team through demon fusion, and then finally test your team against whatever the next boss fight is. All of this accompained by a great OST and a kinda average story that doesn't get in the way of the fun.

How far did you get more or less?
I have exactly 2 hours and 10 minutes of playtime.
And Pokemon for adults sounds very nice to me.
I make sure to give it another try.

TintoConCasera

I have exactly 2 hours and 10 minutes of playtime.
And Pokemon for adults sounds very nice to me.
I make sure to give it another try.
Ah, 2 hours is nothing in this game! Of course, give it another go.

I would suggest you to play it on normal too. Those games are the hardest at the start, but once things get rolling it's not as hard. The combat system can be very rewarding once you know how it works, so it'll be more fun if you have some challenge.

Hope you end up liking it!

lem0n

Currently playing Enthusia: Professional Racing on PS2. I have also been playing Oblivion on my Series X here and there. I just picked up a copy of AC Valhalla for PS5 for like $12 so I'll jump into that soonish

shaddam

Finished doom yesterday, and today I completed 2 doom 2 episodes(on ps5, doom 2 gave me some crash so I have to quicksave often). Doom 1 was really strange. because I played it lot on my 486. I remembered parts of it, but it was more beautiful :messenger_grinning_sweat: After doom 2 I think I will go back to wolfenstein on ps3

TintoConCasera

Finished doom yesterday, and today I completed 2 doom 2 episodes(on ps5, doom 2 gave me some crash so I have to quicksave often). Doom 1 was really strange. because I played it lot on my 486. I remembered parts of it, but it was more beautiful :messenger_grinning_sweat: After doom 2 I think I will go back to wolfenstein on ps3
Have you played Sigil? It's the kinda official fifth episode of DOOM. It's designed and developed by John Romero, and it has two OST, the midi one being very cool.

Top Bottom