• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Kev Kev

Respect i just candle MR X

Yu psyche cant deal with relentless pursuit..

Btw adorned RE3R 1 thropy lefts but for that's I'll have to replay to buy the rocket launcher lmao / sadface
oof, yeah that thing is ridiculous. but super fun, and absolutely necessary for the hardest modes in the game.

I was playing Elden Ring on PS5 and was kind of advanced but I started to wonder how the game would run on a PS4 Pro just out of curiosity. So I started a new game on that console just to see and it so happens that I couldn't stop and now I'm much further in the PS4 save than on the PS5.

I was playing Horizon Zero Dawn in preparation for Forbidden West but then Elden Ring came and consumed my entire time.
How much different does Eldin Ring look on Pro settings vs ps5?

I'm really impressed with how immersive and alive the world of Yakuza 0 is. Once the game starts opening up to you and you can explore for yourself it gets even more awesome.

Finding myself enjoying exploring the map, meeting new characters and doing the many side stories scattered around. Enjoying visiting all the various entertainment places like the arcade and whatnot.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
After finishing elden ring i wanted to play something grand and i got mass effect legendary edition for series x.
First time playing it, hope its good as people say.
Enjoy💗

I thought I prefer the aquadbased combat in 2

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Just finished Death's Door last night. Really enjoyed it.

Nearly done with RE5 co-op.

Got to the credits in Burnout Paradise a few days ago as well, but still going for the Elite license and having fun doing the extra stuff.

Naked Lunch

Gunstar Super Heroes (Gameboy Advance)
An impossible task trying to follow up the original - but im more appreciative of this one all these years later. The stuff Treasure was able to pull off here with the GBA hardware is insane. The bosses are masterclass. Next ill play Treasure's Astroboy which I havent played since it came out. I really hope Treasure makes another game or 2 someday.

Labolas

Senran Kagura Re:Burst (PC) - Sadly I really wanted to like this but the combat is severely lacking. Everyone felt the same and felt very repetitive outside of one or two characters. Parry felt terrible and not accurate at all. This felt shallower than a Dynasty Warriors game. Another thing I don't really the in game models too much. They all have the same body type and have a very moe aesthetic which I'm not a fan of. Outside, the fanservice was good, but because a lack vary body types, they all looked the same. I only really like one or two characters and that's about it. The game is just ok because everything I felt pretty bland. (6/10)

Btw, this character is the coolest in the game. She feels like the Lu Bu of the game.
iu

Also is there any other Senran Kagura games that are better than this? Or is this the best of the series?

amigastar

My favorite Dragon Quest, and one of the best stories I've seen in the genre. Have fun bro!
I love Dragon Quest, for me it's the feel good game of Rpgs.
I'm really curious how Dragon Quest 12 will turn out.

Y0ssarian Y0ssarian
I strongly recommend the Dragon Quest 7 version on 3DS. My first Dragon Quest and i loved it.
But that goes for basically every DQ title in the main series, they are all good.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Far Cry 4 on PC:
I'm enjoying it, it's nothing amazing but the map is cool and it's a great podcast game.

RetroArch on PC:
Installed RetroArch for the first time and so far I'm loving it. Currently playing SNES's Donkey Kong Country 2 which I never finished when I was kid.
Thinking about buying an 8BitDo controller for it.

Y0ssarian

Banned
I love Dragon Quest, for me it's the feel good game of Rpgs.
I'm really curious how Dragon Quest 12 will turn out.

Y0ssarian Y0ssarian
I strongly recommend the Dragon Quest 7 version on 3DS. My first Dragon Quest and i loved it.
But that goes for basically every DQ title in the main series, they are all good.
I bought all of the mainline series heh heh (except 10). Apparently 7 is really long

stn

I'm trying to finish up some shorter games, so lately I've been playing Vampyr (PS4). After levelling up my weapon to the max I've finally hit a groove, so I'm going to try to beat the game this week and then go for the platinum. Long term, I have Elden Ring (XSX), which I'm playing very slowly, and also CP 2077 (XSX), which I am trying to get all the achievements in.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Too many.

Assetto Corsa Competizione
Gran Turismo 7
Some new shmups (DoDonPachi Ressurection, Deathsmiles, Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours)
Triangle Strategy

GymWolf

I'm in that roguelites state of mind so i have these in rotation:

Dandy ace
Voidigo
Source of madness

Also replaying the order even if between low res, black bars, blur and absurd amount of film grain it looks like absolute shit on a 4k oled, i bet people remember the look of this thing way better than it really is...

Gunplay is still nice although movements remains slow and kinda clunky.

AX8

Banned
Update since last post:
Dragons Dogma (played PS3 version, PC is so much better)
Fallout 4 (I like the building aspect)
Last Epoch (such a great loot game/diablolike
Melvor Idle, ( if you can count that as playing)

dave_d

Well, just finished Ys 1&2 on the PSP. I really should replay the Turbo version in the next few months to see which is really the definitive version. (I have to admit back in the day having good voice acting in that game was a real plus. The PSP version has better graphics than I remember in the Turbo version) Anyway maybe I'll play Moss next though.

Yokus Island Express. You play as a little ant creature that hauls around a ball in a world that is constructed of Pinball layers and tracks. It's a metrovania and I'm already lost as how to get back to where I need to be. Kids are liking it so far.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just spent all day playing Skyrim. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Game's still cool and the Special Edition still looks real nice. Installed a mod to overhaul the perk system, which is much more RPG-like now. Aside from that I'm going for the vanilla experience.

Having a lot of fun, even if my current spellsword build kinda sucks. I hope to make it better down the line and hey, who knows, maybe in this playthrough I manage to finally beat the game, as in the past I always got bored before that.

Just finished chapter 2 in Tales of Vesperia.
Saying Alexei is not the best antagonist from the series would be an overstatement, but at least the fight against him was pretty good. Took me way too long to get him down for the secret mission though, I had to get him to use his Mystic Arte 5 or 6 times before I could do it... and that thing hurts.
Now that I've reached the last chapter, the game feels like it's opened up even more, now that the weather can actually change and new enemies appear depending on that (previously, the wheather in each region depended on your progress through the main story and there was no way to change it). The third battle theme is also 🔥.

Kssio_Aug

I recently finished The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.

That end... Marin!!!

Will Ferrell Crying GIF

Now I'm playing TLOU 2 (PS4), RDR 2 (XSS) and Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch).

Kupfer

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC on the Deck.

It must be my 7th or so playthrough, but I still love every bit of the game. The Deck rounds off the experience once again. I've never played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on the couch before and aiming via the gyro function really makes sense and goes well. 20h in, more to come.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Fired up Pikmin 3 on my Wii-U for the second time in my life. Still couldn't get in to it. Not what I was looking for. Just too stressful with the multi-tasking, time limit, and resource limit. Was expecting a more chill game.

Next up was Final Fantasy VII: Remake on PS5:
Holy shit this game, so far, is absolutely amazing with incredible production values and clearly a labor of love from those involved. Now I'm worried we'll never get the follow on games, or they won't be as polished as this one. Playing Normal with Japanese audio and English subs. The voice acting is phenomenal. The character models are outstanding. However, every child in this game looks creepy as fuck.

Destiny 2 unfortunately. I got the Witch Queen with the next like 4 seasons. So im trying to finish the battlepass before the next season. And tbh i think im sick of Destiny.

Rival

Gold Member
Currently playing RE2 on PC. Really enjoying it so far. Last time I gave it a go on my oneX and old tv the input lag and frame rate made it very hard to enjoy. Now I’m playing on my 3080ti and lg cx oled and it’s so much smoother it’s like a different game. Next up after that will be RE3 as I got both from a gamesplanet flash sale for $11.99 a piece earlier in the week. After that I’m going to try out Edge of Eternity on PC as I just got that one from GoG with a code for pretty cheap too.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
After a break between Elden Ring and Halo Infinite I'm trying stuff in DMC5' void. Such a difference using combos. Gotta say I love it's overall atmosphere.

Alao thanks to SJRB SJRB for taking the effort for making that map <3 Oh sorry DelireMan7 DelireMan7 As well!!!!

Also I really like Altus Plateaus aesthetic

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Oracle of Nosgoth now in Blood Omen Legacy of Kain. This game has so much going for it. I never get tired of it. I love the story, the characters, the world. Everything is so dark and moody, great atmosphere all around. The only thing that sucks is that you constantly have to swap gear, but at least I don't have to deal with the annoying load times from the PSX-version, since I play this one on PC.

lem0n

Gran Turismo 7 has been my go-to since launch, but I've been slowly playing through Mass Effect 1 again on the remastered collection. Still such a fantastic game. Will probably play 2 and 3 right after. Oh and a bit of Pokémon Yellow on my Analogue Pocket.

Last edited:
Top Bottom