• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Kev Kev

Just got Arkham asylum and Arkham city both remaster for $5

Played and loved both in release and couldn’t pass them for $2.50 a piece. They are both great pieces of work. I’m looking forward to playing them but I’m worried they will feel outdated and maybe even bland, but for that little $ it’s worth a shot.

I'm playing Spiritfarer. Never thought I'd get to this, but I feel like I've played everything worth playing. My backlog is non-existent - at least from games that don't just sound like a chore to play.

Rea

Currently playing Elden Ring on PS5. What a game!!
but after playing for 60hrs with countless deaths, I'm getting exhausted. I'm tired of galloping around with the horse, the map is too big for no reason, i think they should shrink the map abit. The difficulty spike in each new biome is unbalanced. Many enemies (not boss) hits like a truck even with my vigor is 40.

The_hunter

Played Super mario bros U Deluxe, while at first glace it looks just like another mario game, the level design is very very good, and surprisingly has a ton of new fresh ideas. The squirrel suit alone makes the game worth it.

sedg87

Banned
aahhh bummer. yeah i dunno man im on console so...

well come back and let me know how you liked it, if you ever get it goin
Installed it again and it runs much better. Not sure what happened the first time around! My computer is pretty old but I'm maxing it out at 2k and it looks decent. I didn't play for that long, perhaps an fourty minutes or so. Rescued some survivors, watched hordes of zombies die to a well placed jack in a box thingy, and combined a couple of cars to make a mini tank looking thing with a turret on top. I'll probably play it more over the weekend.

Also making my way through Blood Omen. Just on my way to Vorador's mansion. Picked up some pretty cool spells such as the mist form.

Also tempted to start something up on my Switch as I don't play it that often. Might try and finish FFX-2 for the first time.

reksveks

Just finished Danganronpa 2, if I didn't buy it, definitely will do now.

I need to check my ggapp.io. Think it's vampire survivor for a bit or might finally start Tales of Arise.

20 games down this year.

Actually Eiyuden Chronicles is next.

Last edited:

Forsete

I started playing RDR2 again on PS5.

The last time I played it on PS4 was in 2018-2019. So I am continuing with my old saves.
Damn, what a fantastic game this is.

1UbfIEm.jpg

amigastar

Just started Zelda: BotW again. I've tried it about 6 times and it didn't click with me but i hope this time i will play it for longer.

Last edited:
I’m at one of those points where I can’t really decide on anything to play. I had started a second playthrough of Elden Ring, but I got to Caelid and kinda stopped and haven’t felt like playing again.

I got a free copy of Rare Replay and decided to try out Perfect Dark Zero, since I’ve played Perfect Dark a bunch of times but never the second one. I played about two levels and kinda liked it despite it being janky. Probably gonna continue it, but I’ve been really busy.

Really the only thing I’ve consistently been playing is Yugioh Master Duel since some friends at work got into it. Not trying to shill it but it’s not bad for F2P economy wise; I’ve been able to make like 6 decks and never spent any money on it. The real question is if you want to deal with current Yugioh Meta which is kind of AIDS; and you have to deal with it by playing online in order to get Gems to make new decks.

The best thing to do is make a meta deck first and grind online in order to make whatever decks you want.

Shifty1897

I finished Demon's Souls (PS5) after 39 hours in-game and almost exactly a month in real time. After looking at my embarrassing Switch backlog I decided to take a break from my PS5 and started both Knights of the Old Republic (when my wife is watching me play) and No More Heroes (when she's not watching, I'd rather not try to explain what the eff is going on there, lol).

NinjaBoiX

- Ori & the will of the wisps - outstanding game, even better than the first one

- Forza Horizon 5 - always enjoy these games, they’re just masterfully put together

- Fortnite - got into it with the No Build mode, it’s actually a really solid shooter, and I’m apparently good at it! Got 3 BR’s in a row with my first three games, lol

- Resident Evil 7 - I’m trying to play it, but honestly I think I’m too much of a pussy. It’s really stressful! Not sure how much I’m actually enjoying it tbh

- Elden Ring - I put this down out of frustration a few weeks ago but got the urge to dive back in (like I’ve done with every souls game), but I dunno, it’s just not grabbing me like the others. There’s not a clear path like before, I’m not entirely sure where I should go, and honestly not sure if I care

GeekyDad

Finally reconnected with Animal Crossing. Though we've owned every version since the GCN, Wild World was always my favorite ('twas my introduction to the series). Every other since has been good, but kinda more of the same. But yesterday was Day 3 for me in New Horizons after about two months, and it finally clicked. Really loving catching shellfish (etc.) by swimming around. My wife had already kinda built up the town since January, so now I can just do the rasta lifestyle. That being said, she's always rushing me to do things. I just like playing in short intervals, buy what I want, not build too fast, and keep my part of the island tidy. I only took about a 1/5 of the island for myself. The rest is hers, and it looks like an episode of Sanford & Son -- a junkyard.

Only thing, I wish they had some sound options. Can't hear the music (which is one of the best parts of the Animal Crossing experience) without turning the volume way up, and then the other sounds are too loud.

Tunned

I have gone retro thanks to my Steam Deck! I'm making my way through NBA Street Vol. 2, god damn they just don't make them like that any more, best NBA game imo, so good to just wake the Deck up with the game on standby, and play a game.
Started THPS Underground 2, never played it, really enjoying it!
Also making my way through NFS Most Wanted 2005 and Hot Pursuit 2, and even have the original NFS installed (my avatar ❤️), also Hot Pursuit III and High Stakes.
I love the Deck so much, it's my childhood all in one "portable" gaming package.

Shifty1897

- Resident Evil 7 - I’m trying to play it, but honestly I think I’m too much of a pussy. It’s really stressful! Not sure how much I’m actually enjoying it tbh
I actually was going to play this next but saw the news that Capcom is releasing PS5 upgraded versions of 2, 3, and 7 for free and decided to hold off until that releases.

NinjaBoiX

I actually was going to play this next but saw the news that Capcom is releasing PS5 upgraded versions of 2, 3, and 7 for free and decided to hold off until that releases.
Oh yeah, that’s right!

Well I’m only an hour or so in, might just stop now to give it another whirl later.

Cryio

Finished Sly 2 and 3 this week. Started my 1st playthrough of Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando.

Ray Tracing games can wait for a long while longer, lol.

BlueAlpaca

Just finished Bowser's Fury - got all 100 shines. Fantastic game but not the best 3D Mario I played. The Bowser gimmick got annoying, and it was kind of easy. Didn't stop it from being a great game though.

I was planning to start Bloodborne and then Bowser's Fury but since the latter was a small game and part of a package with Mario 3D World (which I just finished), thought might as well finish it first. Now I don't have an excuse. :messenger_fearful:

Time to join the hunt! :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally got the mount that I wanted in FF14 (forgiven reticence).
I would be just about done with GT7 for the moment but there's one more car that I want - the Ferrari Testarossa. Unfortunately the used car dealership rotates the cars and so I have to wait for it to come back in stock.

I’m at one of those points where I can’t really decide on anything to play. I had started a second playthrough of Elden Ring, but I got to Caelid and kinda stopped and haven’t felt like playing again.

I got a free copy of Rare Replay and decided to try out Perfect Dark Zero, since I’ve played Perfect Dark a bunch of times but never the second one. I played about two levels and kinda liked it despite it being janky. Probably gonna continue it, but I’ve been really busy.

Really the only thing I’ve consistently been playing is Yugioh Master Duel since some friends at work got into it. Not trying to shill it but it’s not bad for F2P economy wise; I’ve been able to make like 6 decks and never spent any money on it. The real question is if you want to deal with current Yugioh Meta which is kind of AIDS; and you have to deal with it by playing online in order to get Gems to make new decks.

The best thing to do is make a meta deck first and grind online in order to make whatever decks you want.
How would you stack it up against legends of runeterra and MTG:A if you’ve played them?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
  • AC Valhalla (for single player)
  • Rocket League (for multiplayer)
Waiting for the PS+ Premium launch on June 13 to play/replay the following:
  • Demon's Souls
  • Miles Morales
  • Matterfall
  • Ghost of Tsushima DC
  • Dead Cells

How would you stack it up against legends of runeterra and MTG:A if you’ve played them?
Haven’t played runeterra and I only played Arena a little bit when it came out so I don’t recall much about it. I would say it’s worth playing if you already like Yugioh, and maybe if you’re slightly interested it’s not much of an initial investment, but if you don’t have any nostalgia for it’s not very beginner friendly.

Duchess

Unravel. I'm really enjoying it so far. Figuring out the route puzzles is great.

It's currently my "palette cleanser" game. I put almost 100 hours into Forbidden West, so am now playing something utterly different :)

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Spent most of the weekend playing Rogue Legacy 2, though I don't know why since I absolutely suck at it. I can't beat the first area's boss! I'm working on getting my health and damage upgraded to see if that helps.

Other than that, I spent a lot of time laying in bed using my iPad to remote play Farming Simulator 22 via the XSX. So satisfying, that game relaxes me like no other.

stn

Mostly Elden Ring (XSX), but I'm going to also play Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (PS4) since I'm about 50% through that one.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I'm playing Spiritfarer. Never thought I'd get to this, but I feel like I've played everything worth playing. My backlog is non-existent - at least from games that don't just sound like a chore to play.
I've heard good things about Spiritfarer but never played it. Do you like it so far?

Top Bottom