• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Mr Hyde

Finally done with Final Fantasy 6. Strong first half, weak second half. Good cast of characters, a memorable villain and well written story. Cumbersome design choices from the early 16 bit days makes parts of the game frustrating and annoying, even if this remaster makes a couple of changes to ease up some of those parts. Overall, I find FF6 a bit overrated, a bit boring sometimes, and a bit outdated. It's an incredibly ambitious game for its time, no denying it, and was certainly a magical moment when it released back in 94, but Final Fantasy for me is the later Adventures on PS1 and PS2. They are more fun, have more replayability and doesn't wear out its welcome during the second half of the game.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Dusted off my XSX after months of inactivity and subbed GamePass again.

Originally did this to play Hi Fi Rush but ended up uninstalling it after the 2nd boss. The game is just not for me. Not the gameplay, not the story. Eh, I gave it a fair shot.

Then I did some searching and ended up installing Dante’s Inferno. EA’s God of War basically… but damn, it’s fun! I’m almost through I guess. Now at the challenges, which suck ass. Undeserving for everthing that came before. What a shame… if they ran out of time they should have just made the ending earlier. This is really painful.

Been doing some extra stuff in Valkyria Chronicles

Been doing all the Squad Stories, Extra Stories and Skirmishes

I got all the Swimsuit DLC Costumes 😏

Grinding to make the final boss easier

The final battle is confusing

I hit all the guns but than I have to use a grenader to hit in the middle so that it effects all the radiators. I'm having difficulty with that

Finished

Valkyria Chronicles 4: A (Steam)

Total Playtime: 46:48 Hours

Next game I'm playing is Sakura Wars (PS4)

Sega has lot of great JRPG Franchises

Who I am kidding? I'm actually just started playing the post-game for Valkyria Chronicles 4 lol

Salty Raz Died. Unable to be with his WAIFU Kai/Leanne in the end

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I hit all the guns but than I have to use a grenader to hit in the middle so that it effects all the radiators. I'm having difficulty with that

Oh I remember that part, it was kinda glitched but I kept playing until it worked out. Great game otherwise tho!

I finished Halo Infinite's single player campaign since I got it for free with my PC. It was okay I guess, not really my genre and I feel it's still the exact same game as the first Halo.

On the third disc of Lost Odyssey which I'm enjoying a lot. Never had an X360 but I picked one up with the only three JRPGs they had on there to fill that gap. Really gives me Shadow Hearts vibes which is what I hoped for.

Oh I remember that part, it was kinda glitched but I kept playing until it worked out. Great game otherwise tho!

I finished Halo Infinite's single player campaign since I got it for free with my PC. It was okay I guess, not really my genre and I feel it's still the exact same game as the first Halo.

On the third disc of Lost Odyssey which I'm enjoying a lot. Never had an X360 but I picked one up with the only three JRPGs they had on there to fill that gap. Really gives me Shadow Hearts vibes which is what I hoped for.

Lost Odyssey is fantastic

That battle system is great

Paasei

Finally picked up my Switch again after not having anything I'm interested in on PS5 and PC. Back to Metroid Dread, Kirby and Animal Crossing.

GeekyDad

Been doing some extra stuff in Valkyria Chronicles

Been doing all the Squad Stories, Extra Stories and Skirmishes

I got all the Swimsuit DLC Costumes 😏

Grinding to make the final boss easier

The final battle is confusing

I've got to revisit that one. Great game.

I've got to revisit that one. Great game.

I just finished it

First time playing a game in that franchise

I've been doing some of the post-game

But I'm starting Sakura Wars later today

My next games are

Sakura Wars (PS4)
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (PS4)
Psychonauts 2(Steam)
Harvestella (Switch)
Elden Ring (Steam)
Bravely Default (3DS)

Last edited:

Fredrik

Zelda TOTK. I’m still early on but I can already tell that this is going to climb my all time top 10.

A few negatives: Framerate is rough. The breaking weapon mechanic is just as annoying now as it was in BOTW. And I wish I could save my built creations.

Josemayuste

the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom_p893.jpg

Mr Hyde

Finished Batman Arkham Origins. It was good, but the awful performance on PS3 dragged it down in the mud considerably. The game itself, while not up to Rocksteadys amazing trilogy, it does hold up on its own. It has a great foundation to build upon and the story was interesting and compelling that sets up the Arkham -games in a believable way.

Last edited:

Yerd

ex50NTj.jpg

Cant. Stop. Playing.

Send. Help.
I checked this out. It's like a realistic version of Oxygen Not Included. I started to get overwhelmed with Oxygen Not Included. You need to be an engineer/scientist to deal with the late game. I'm just in the tutorials still. But, I'll see how far I can get it before I need the help of the scientists. Does it get that deep?

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I checked this out. It's like a realistic version of Oxygen Not Included. I started to get overwhelmed with Oxygen Not Included. You need to be an engineer/scientist to deal with the late game. I'm just in the tutorials still. But, I'll see how far I can get it before I need the help of the scientists. Does it get that deep?
After playing it for a while i'd say it's not overly deep once you've got the the various actions in hand although it can be over whelming at first. I've got Oxygen not included but still havent got round to it, if it's as indepth as you say, it'll be sooner rather than later.

I do rate Stranded though. It's been a good jaunt all round.

Drake

Been trying to get through my backlog. Finished up Hogwarts Legacy a few weeks back. Just finished up Yakuza: Like a Dragon tonight. Great game, but I'm gonna vent a bit. Once you start the final dungeon you better commit to finishing the game because there is no save point for 2+ hours. That includes a few boss fights, a shit ton of cut scenes, the credits and then more cut scenes. Like, WTF were they thinking? Give me a save somewhere in there so I can take a break.

I'm like 86 hours into Persona 5 and stopped playing like 5 months ago. I remember dying to the one boss who you have to fight solo which pissed me off because that was like 30+ minutes wasted. Gonna try to get through that over the next week or so.

Last edited:

Yerd

After playing it for a while i'd say it's not overly deep once you've got the the various actions in hand although it can be over whelming at first. I've got Oxygen not included but still havent got round to it, if it's as indepth as you say, it'll be sooner rather than later.

I do rate Stranded though. It's been a good jaunt all round.
I finished the tutorials just now, and it's extremely similar to Oxygen. The activities and all the automation and hazards you need to deal with. I got so overwhelmed with the automation in ONI I had to watch videos just for that. Then I just started watching video after video and then decided I had enough. They played the game for me already. ONI has real gases and things in it, and if you understand the way all those things interact with the world you'll probably love it. I'm just a regular idiot and I need dumb hit bad things games. ONI doesn't really have sieges on your base, it's mostly dealing with the elements or the lack of them.

MagnesD3

I was playing Dragon Age Origins which is Bioware fun even if the setting and combat are a bit bland but that's on hold for Tears of the Kingdom currently, really digging it so far, hope it keeps getting better. Might end up being better than BOTW (which I think lower of than most).

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
Just now completed BoTW. It has taken me 6 years to do so, but I finally did it. I'm not sure how to feel. Many of it's mechanics were stressful to me and still are, but I don't hate the game. At least I do not think I do. Is it possible to love and hate a thing at the same time?

At any rate, it was good, but still not enough to crack my top Zelda games list.

MagnesD3

Just now completed BoTW. It has taken me 6 years to do so, but I finally did it. I'm not sure how to feel. Many of it's mechanics were stressful to me and still are, but I don't hate the game. At least I do not think I do. Is it possible to love and hate a thing at the same time?

At any rate, it was good, but still not enough to crack my top Zelda games list.
Yes Hate is not the opposite of Love infact it's kind of a shade of it.

Ok, I beat OG Zelda on the NES. I didnt bother with the second quest, though. Never beat it when I was a kid and kind of wish I didn't take the time to do it now. Modern games have made me soft or something, because this was frustrating and mostly not fun. On to Tears of the Kingdom, I think.

-Zelda-

Banned
The more I reflect on my time with Zelda: BoTW, the more disappointed I get that those 4 divine beasts did not form Megazord at the end of the game....

Maybe I can make my own in ToTK later on. No, not that one image that is making the rounds on reddit, either, lol.

EDIT: My life is now complete!!

Last edited:

Hoddi

I’m on holiday and brought my 3DS with me for once. I’m finally playing through Link Between Worlds which has been untouched in my library for almost a decade. I’ve also been shuffling Starfox inbetween and some others I’d never played.

I also just realized that Starfox 3DS is almost as old as the original N64 game was at the time. Feels like it was only a few years ago that I bought it :|

Gandih42

Beat XB2: Torna the Golden Country, a really great add-on to the base game IMO. specially the music and combat changes.

I'll probably do some more side content before putting it down for good, but otherwise I think I'll start getting back to Octopath 2 (and probably can't keep my hands off ToTK either...).

In any case, will be good with a little breather after ~130 hours of Xenoblade before getting Xenoblade 3.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Doom.

I've never been able to get into any Bethesda game; I'm trying to change that in May and June. Finished Ghostwire Tokyo last week (7/10), and now playing through Doom (50% done).

I may give Dishonored and Prey another chance next (couldn't get into them the last time I tried and quit only after an hour or so).

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Still Pentiment.

In Act 3 now. Kinda miss a proper gameplay but the story is really nice and the characters well written. Curious to see how all this will end.

I finished Sakura Wars (PS4)

Great game but the gameplay sections wasn't as good as the Visual Novel/Exploration sections

I didn't like the fact that they censored one of the characters outfit

I just started The Third Birthday on PSP

It's good so far

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
Some FIFA, just beat Metroid prime remastered. Playing Hat in time too. Gonna get Zelda this week prob. For some reason I’m not hyped at all for it despite liking BOTW. Plan on getting Jedi survivor too but not sure if the performance is good enough yet.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Just finished Pentiment.

Wow, what a jewel. Not much to play here but the writing was outstanding. Loved the resolution. Would have never thought…. Made me think as well. Nothing’s black and white here. Everyone who digs well written stories dealing with religion should check it out.

Pentiment definitely on the to do list.

But just finished Jedi Survivor. Loved it, despite some hiccups. Now onto Zelda ToTK properly (had been chipping away a bit at it) until Diablo comes along and steamrolls my gaming time.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Just Tears of Kingdom, I don’t think I can finish it before FFXVI drops in but I don’t mind, I’m in no rush finish it as fast as possible and when FFXVI does drops I will be playing both.

MagnesD3

Just finished Pentiment.

Wow, what a jewel. Not much to play here but the writing was outstanding. Loved the resolution. Would have never thought…. Made me think as well. Nothing’s black and white here. Everyone who digs well written stories dealing with religion should check it out.
Yeah I really enjoyed it as a narrative timepiece experience (I think it dropped the ball as a game tho but that's fine). I loved it's aethstetic, unique historical vibe and how the book kept tract of all the people and thier ties in town.

Last edited:

Plashe

Neo Member
Breath of The Wild, bought the game last year during a visit to Jordan because they had the European copy which I wanted because I prefer the cover art, decided to finally start playing it because a friend keeps sending me Zelda stuff since he's playing Tears of The Kingdom, same friend also told me to play The Silver Case games so I plan on playing it when I get money for it

amigastar

Just installed Dungeons 3 and played it for about 40 minutes. It's basically Dungeon Keeper but in a new coat.
Will have to play some more and see if it's fun.

Top Bottom