• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Tried Tunic briefly but decided to ditch it after 30 minutes. Another depressing indi game… This time Zelda meets Souls.

Then I booted Ragnarok again in order to finish it finally and out of the 2 hours I played it, it was 1,5 hours cutscenes… Damn… Assuming they don‘t do another revamp with the next one I’m done with the series.

Drake

Persona 5 down after 111 hours. Great game, but I was ready for it to be over.

I've done pretty good trying to catch up on my backlog. I guess next up is Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I got about half way through it a year ago, but stopped playing it and I don't remember anything, so I'm going to have to restart which sucks, but it is what it is. I also need to get through 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rims. After I finish those 2 I'll be caught up on my backlog for the most part. Will maybe take a look at getting the new Zelda after that.

kikkis

I have just grinded cod battlepass. I have tried other games too like division 2 and persona 5. But I keep coming back to cod. Usually the gameplay in other games just isn't intense and well controlling. It annoys me a bit just to play cod, but as long as I am having fun I guess it doesn't matter.

Gandih42

Took a break from ToTK and returned to Octopath Traveller 2 for a few chapters so I don't lose track of the story (or rather, stories). Not hoarding items and money makes the game so much more fun - there's so many ways to tip the scales in your own favour by using Path Actions to get powerful equipment sooner rather than later, either by making money or directly. Osvald and Temenos Path Actions in particular really seems to let you get cool stuff early if you can figure out ways to beat strong NPCs. Just entered my first non-story dungeon which is a slightly higher level than my party, but I have a lot of faith in my equipment and team. I can't (at least not yet) believe anyone felt they had to grind to progress.

Monokrom

I started Dead Cells the other day. Having a blast! Got the game via PS+ some time ago but never bothered with it for some reason.
26 trophies so far but some of them seem very hard to get, boss fights without getting hit. So I think I'm not going for the platinum. :)

oji-san

Banned
The Witcher 3 on PS5, CDPR did a great work updating the PS4 version, and it looks and runs great, also added nice additions like running no longer drain stamina, biggest update is the loading which now takes a few seconds while the PS4 could take over a minute loading in some areas.
Was having some tough times getting back to the game but after several hours i'm hooked again. The environments looks so good.

Roxkis_ii

Team deathmatch in OW2 - Do not recommend.

Need for speed unbound - Limited retries are off putting at first, but it a lot of fun to be had in this game. Don't start with the Honda civic.

Powerwash simulator - Recommend if you find cleanliness is next to Godliness.

sedg87

Banned
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Playing as Chris. Chris' game is definitely worse than Jill's. The inventory with less space, the keys, Rebecca being about as much use as lipstick on a crab, no grenade launcher, etc. Still really enjoy it despite that haha.

Tactic's Ogre Reborn
Up to chapter 3 and enjoying it. Wish I could grind levels though. Feel like I should be able to play how I want. Also, I want to unlock classes earlier.

Breath of Fire 3
Fixed the lighthouse, killed the dolphin, made it through MT Zublo and I'm now on my way to Angel Tower. Think I'm gonna grind a few levels and for some Zenny, because the Dragon Zombie boss is a bit of a pain without Kyrie.

Disney Dreamlight Valley
Really enjoy switching off and playing this for an hour here or there. Plenty of nostalgia with all the Disney characters.

WoJ

Resident Evil 3 Remake. I like it more than the original which I believe is the minority opinion. RE3 was always just okay to me.

intbal

That took a bit longer than I was expecting.

uqJ18H5.jpg

LZy5X4i.jpg

Lillie

botw since the totk hype made me try to play it again even though I never really liked it compared to linear zelda

Last edited:
Dead Island 2 - recently got the plat trophy for this. Ignoring the fact that LA isn't an island, this is a fun, zombie slaying romp through Hollywood, Santa Monica Pier, Bel-Air (no Fresh Prince sadly, guess a zombie slapped his ass into the sea) and more. If you love killing the undead it's hard to go wrong with this one, especially impressive given the tortured development cycle.

Horizon Forbidden West - what more can be said about this critically acclaimed game? I picked it up last year, clocked 60 hours then got distracted by another release I'd been waiting for. Finally jumped back in last week to wrap up the story and ended up getting the plat trophy to boot. This says a lot because I think Aloy is one of the least likeable protagonists PlayStation has ever created but the rest of the game surrounding her is just that good.

Thymesia - I love a good Souls-like and this is currently free on PS+. Can't say much as I've only clocked about 5 hours other than it's a budget title which closely follows the Souls formula (most similar to Demon's actually) with a couple of unique mechanics. I'll get back to it but for now I've been pulled away by:

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor - this game is fantastic...it is also a mind-bogglingly badly optimized title selling for $70. Now, I picked this up having heard it's been patched multiple times since it's rocky release, assumed the problems had been ironed out. Well, playing in performance mode on PS5 I've experienced everything from texture pop-in, frame pacing/stuttering, fps drops and more. It's shocking honestly and all the more unfortunate because I love absolutely everything about the game otherwise, hopefully this stuff is resolved ASAP, will post extensive thoughts in the OT once I've spent more time with it.

Last edited:
Was looking for this thread the other day, but I just got Xbox series s again and is playing high on life in which I just found a great movie called Tammy and the T rex 😂

Monster Hunter Rise I’m checking out

I beat Dead Island 2 like 2 days ago and it was fun.

I play Yu-Gi-Oh regularly. Over 200 hours on PlayStation.

Last edited:
Star Wars Jedi Survivor PS5 (kinda not feeling it yet), Resident Evil 4 Remake PS5 (so much fun but not scary which is absolutely fine), Ghost of Tsushima PS5 (replaying it and finishing up all the small things I hadn't completed), The Ascent PS5 (replaying and DLC. God I can't stop playing this gem of a game), Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores (just started the DLC), Front Mission 1st Remake (eagerly awaiting 2nd Remake. I love this series), Metroid Prime Remastered (what a masterpiece).

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Finally booted Hogwarts Legacy yesterday and now have been playing for a bit.

It’s kinda crazy to play this game. I haven’t been the biggest Potter fan ever (loved 3+4 but then my liking for the series decreased) but ever since I read the books I wanted to play something like this. Can’t believe it has taken this long and am really glad it is such a success. Avalanche did a top notch job in recreating Hogwarts. Unbelievable. Can’t say too much for the gameplay so far but the sightseeing of what I’ve read in the books so long ago alone is worth it.

Juza

I'm revisiting Fallout 4 after almost 8 years (time flies)
It took me some time to get used to the gameplay mechanics once again after all these years, then I started Far Harbor for the first time and I'm about to beat it.

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/435881/capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1533677062

And man oh man! I miss such amazing expansions so much! BGS really did a great job with this one. I didn't like the memory retrieval quest though.

Nuka-World is my next station!

amigastar

I'm thinking of installing Solasta: Crown of the Magister. Played it for a couple hours back then and i really liked it.
Did anyone else enjoy Solasta?

After basically two solid weeks of TotK, thoughts of other games are finally starting to enter my mind. I did boot up Spiderman on PS4 for the first time, but while it is beautiful and fun to swing around, I'm not sure there's much there to make me want to actually play the game. Might give it another shot later.

When I do officially tear myself away from TotK, going back to the Pixel Remaster to play FF VI.

Labadal

I'm thinking of installing Solasta: Crown of the Magister. Played it for a couple hours back then and i really liked it.
Did anyone else enjoy Solasta?
It's a fun but flawed game. Expansions are better than the main campaign. The last expansion released, today.

There are some decent user generated campaigns.

amigastar

It's a fun but flawed game. Expansions are better than the main campaign. The last expansion released, today.

There are some decent user generated campaigns.
I have it on Game Pass so i have to skip the Expansions unfortunately. But i've installed it and i'm ready to go.

Paltheos

More Tears of the Kingdom. I'm definitely over the halfway mark at this point but how far I'm over is up in the air (haha). There's so much shit to find.

Breath of Fire 3
Fixed the lighthouse, killed the dolphin, made it through MT Zublo and I'm now on my way to Angel Tower. Think I'm gonna grind a few levels and for some Zenny, because the Dragon Zombie boss is a bit of a pain without Kyrie.

I like that boss. Most of early Part 2 until the gang gets back together again is great actually, until the game devolves into dumb fetch quests before getting good again on the sea crossing.

Poison and his regular attacks are manageable but confusion's a real bitch. If you picked up the Light Bangle from the Catacombs - unfortunately a one-time visit location - you're in good shape on status protection. Alternatively you can buy Life Sandals in Wyndia but they're much worse - 25% vs the bangle's 75% block on status if my source is right. Interestingly, it doesn't look like you can farm a confusion-specific accessory until shortly after this fight lol

Last edited:

Aion002

I just bought a PS5 because of FFXVI.

I will start today GoW Ragnarok, Returnal and Demon's Souls Remake.

On the Xbox Series S I bought last week Dying Light Complete Edition during a sale and I am enjoying it a lot. I am also playing They are billions, it's quite addictive.

Last edited:

sedg87

Banned
More Tears of the Kingdom. I'm definitely over the halfway mark at this point but how far I'm over is up in the air (haha). There's so much shit to find.

I like that boss. Most of early Part 2 until the gang gets back together again is great actually, until the game devolves into dumb fetch quests before getting good again on the sea crossing.

Poison and his regular attacks are manageable but confusion's a real bitch. If you picked up the Light Bangle from the Catacombs - unfortunately a one-time visit location - you're in good shape on status protection. Alternatively you can buy Life Sandals in Wyndia but they're much worse - 25% vs the bangle's 75% block on status if my source is right. Interestingly, it doesn't look like you can farm a confusion-specific accessory until shortly after this fight lol

I managed to grind a few levels in MT Zublo. Made very short work of the Zombie Dragon in the end, and the few bosses after; I'm just about to go collect parts for the ship. Dreading some of the mini-games and desert...

WoJ

Finished RE3Remake. Last 25% of the game was underwhelming, but that's typical of Resident Evil. I liked it overall.

Working on the FFVII Remake DLC now. Debating what else to start up. Thinking I might give the Witcher 2 another go.

I just bought a PS5 because of FFXVI.

I will start today GoW Ragnarok, Returnal and Demon's Souls Remake.

On the Xbox Series S I bought last week Dying Light Complete Edition during a sale and I am enjoying it a lot. I am also playing They are billions, it's quite addictive.
I'm going to be right behind you... I have had XVI preordered for a month or more and I don't preorder a lot these days. Only problem is no Ps5 yet.. starting to think I should have hopped on that Verizon 460$ Disc edition GoW deal. Oops.. not sure how much better I expected it to get. Felt like I had so much more time weeks ago! But between this and I guess Spiderman 2 later this year, I'm interested. I did play some more of Spiderman on Ps4 and I'm enjoying it quite a lot now that I've put some more time into it. I still don't understand why Miles is flying in the trailer though.

But plenty of catching up to do, I'm interested in some of the Ps4 games but Ps5 versions instead for that faster loading, etc. Plus some of those exclusives like Demon's Souls remake - I loved Demon's Souls, really captured me way back.

I'm finally excited to get a Ps5.

Needlecrash

Recently just finished Resident Evil 3 Remake. Wasn't a big of it but I needed to finish it up. Also finished The Last of Us on PC. SO MUCH SHADER INSTALLATIONS :/.

Playing Tears of the Kingdom currently. Exploring the depths and I am running low on Bright seeds and arrows.....TO THE SURFACE. Might get Tatsujin on PC (waiting on Switch copy) and Street Fighter 6 is for next week.

Pimpollo818

Persona 4 Golden - having defeated the big bad (I think?) I'm waiting for the game to finish wrapping up. Apparently there's one more thing coming my way in February...
-love the the music
-love the cast, better than 5
-great main antagonist/hook, much better than 5
-bored by the combat + dungeons (fixed by lowering difficulty to EZ so you can sprint past that stuff)
-would love to see more reactivity in the main quest that takes into account which relationships you've cultivated

poodaddy

I'm currently played the please can I have some time to sit down and play a fucking video game game. It's challenging dude, you essentially run around to multiple states taking your kids to concerts, dealing with your wife's mental breakdowns, working, trying to find time to keep physically training to stay fit, spending obscene amounts of money to keep your family eating healthy, and essentially you just spend the whole game trying to find time to sit down and play Tears of the Kingdom while your family keeps pulling you away from everything the moment you find a peaceful moment.

It's a survival game I think, or maybe an RPG? I don't know, but I know this part of the game is pretty rough. Hope to get through it soon and get to the good stuff.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Finished Ghostwire Tokyo. It was a fun romp. 30 hours. Did all the side quests and some other fluff. The combat was the best part of the game. Roaming around Tokyo blasting ghosts and grabbing their cores never got old. The whole game felt like a tourist trip where you visited all the famous areas of the city. Except there wasn't any people there. Very nice graphics. Some cool bosses. Some creepy set pieces (exploring the elementary school was the most scary part of the game). The big drawback was the excessive collectathon. Absolute garbage and time wasting on all accounts. I did some relics bit it was so boring and pointless I just gave up. Overall I'd give it a 7/10. Weakest game from Tango but it's not easy going against bonafide classics like TWE 1 & 2 and HiFi Rush.

Persona 5 down after 111 hours. Great game, but I was ready for it to be over.

I've done pretty good trying to catch up on my backlog. I guess next up is Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I got about half way through it a year ago, but stopped playing it and I don't remember anything, so I'm going to have to restart which sucks, but it is what it is. I also need to get through 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rims. After I finish those 2 I'll be caught up on my backlog for the most part. Will maybe take a look at getting the new Zelda after that.

Damn going from P5 to XC2 and then TOTK, that's a lot of long games. Don't burnt out too hard.

[Sigma]

Was thinking of starting Oninaki today but I kinda starting to get the urge to play Helldivers again. It's been years so it will be like I started over if I do lol. Still waiting on the mythical River City Girls 2 60fps update:(

Top Bottom