• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Corrik

And why or why not would you recommend someone else to play it?

Please do not post unmarked spoilers.

I am currently playing Wolfenstein 2 on Xbox One X.

I would recommend playing it. It has surprised me with great storytelling and a mature but coherent plot. The visuals are stunning to me, and it is loaded with interesting personalities. Off the wall but good.

I do not recommend it if younger. The game is very mature in its themes and plots. This is definitely not a game for younger, not matured kids.

Mooreberg

Yakuza Kiwami - Great remake of a great game. But also kinda rough playing it immediately after Yakuza 0. The franchise got a lot better with the second game, and having one character in only one playable location immediately feels like a reminder that it is the oldest game in the franchise. Some of the boss fights are overly long spam festivals too. If this had been released further apart from Yakuza 0, it wouldn't be suffering so much by comparison.

PREY, Overwatch, Fortnite.

If you're going to play PREY, do it on PC. OW still has its appeal but I don't think the development team is doing a good job outlining the type of competitive experience they want players to have.

That's pretty much all for now. Once February is over I'll have some free time to sit down and give South Park: Fractured But Whole the time it deserves.

Last edited:

Corrik

Yakuza Kiwami - Great remake of a great game. But also kinda rough playing it immediately after Yakuza 0. The franchise got a lot better with the second game, and having one character in only one playable location immediately feels like a reminder that it is the oldest game in the franchise. Some of the boss fights are overly long spam festivals too. If this had been released further apart from Yakuza 0, it wouldn't be suffering so much by comparison.
Never played any of the Yakuza games. How many is there now?

Mooreberg

Never played any of the Yakuza games. How many is there now?
Right now, if you include the remake (they added a lot) and the zombie game (which I honestly found to be trash despite loving the franchise) there have been eight games released in the US, Yakuza 6 will be the ninth. I think Japan also has two Kenran games (feudal Japan samurai games) and a PSP side story game that didn't come out in the US. You can't go wrong starting with Yakuza 0. Some of it is played up to "prequel effect" where you will notice or appreciate things more with some familiarity, but you'd be just as fine going in fresh. Great franchise, I just wish the the zombie game hadn't resulted in Yakuza 5 taking so damn long to come out in the US. Five and a half years between playing direct installments was kinda weird for a franchise that actually gets a new release almost annually in Japan.

Dynasty Warriors 9, just horrible. Payed 60$, so trying to get my money's worth regardless, and Yuanji at least looks better than ever. Pretty dreadful game. Rushed, unoptimized, about as much polish as a indie steam game, and riddled with bad design decisions.

Bayonetta 1+2, already played the hell of them on other systems, but love them.

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, it's still half a game, but Trish and Lady, yay! Vergil is also a character.

Tekken 7 and Street Fighter V I still stick in on occasion for multiplayer, and been playing Smash 4 again on occasion since I bought the Bayonetta DLC finally.

DW9 -_- 8/10 game design, 2/10 execution and polish, 10/10 appeals to my three kingdoms nerd -- so I'm enjoying it a fair bit.

my go-to games are GTA V Online and GR Wildlands... usually play one or the other every night for at least 30m. (used to be GTA V and MGS V but gotta admit GRW has amazing world design and really great 'thematic/tactical' replay value.)

kunonabi

Persona 5 mostly. It's pretty damn good. Story and characters are far more engaging than the last two and the return of so many classic elements is much appreciated. I was playing Dragonball FighterZ too but the online was rubbish so I've pretty much dropped it.

PUBG and COD:WW2 on Xbox One X

Mostly PUBG as I’m waiting for DLC for WW2.

PUBG is great fun with all its faults and I can’t wait to see what it’s like once it hits version 1.0

WW2 is COD and I’m a COD fan and you either love or hate COD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sakura

Super Robot Wars V and Kichikuou Rance.
SRWV is pretty good. I didn't get it when it came out but picked it up on sale in December. I'd recommend it if you are a fan of the series present.
If you aren't a fan of the series included in the game, then naturally I wouldn't recommend it. Also, the SRW games seem to be getting easier and easier. There doesn't seem to be much reason to put a lot of thought into strengthening your characters, or the strategy elements of the game. If you enjoy a challenge then you might be disappointed. There are some fun cross overs though. I'd really like to see them push the series forward, everything always feels so recycled. I almost feel like the older games had more freedom.
I was interested in SRWX but after seeing the protagonist designs I think I will pass.
Kichikuou Rance is a free game which I decided to play as I wait for Rance X. I think it has a translation. If you like the Rance series then I think it is worth a checkout because it contains lots of ideas and stuff that were used in later games, after going through much change. For example Kouhime in this game is Nobunaga's, daughter instead of sister, and it seems he was always a Majin, which makes Kouhime half human.
I wouldn't recommend it if you don't like ero, or protagonists who are terrible people and do terrible things. Also the game is old as all fuck, and I don't think it has aged well. It seems to work on Windows 10 for me, but there is no BGM present. I wouldn't be playing it if it wasn't freeware.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm in between Shadow of the Colossus and Dragon Ball FighterZ on console. I ordered Monster Hunter World online because Target was sold out in store. That's awesome and crazy all at the same time.

SotC: the game looks fantastic, especially if you have a nice setup. Jumping in and taking down a Colossus in a short amount of time is fantastic.

DBFZ: I'm not a huge multiplayer person. The last time I played multiplayer was CoD WW2. I do enjoy playing fighting games. I tend to stick to combo tutorials, story, practice and arcade. It's a lot of fun for me because I've been wanting a good DBZ fighting game for years.

I started Ninja Gaiden 2 on Vita. The slow downs are a big let down, but it's a lot of fun to play. It can't touch the 360 version. Which would be great if the XBO had BC for it.

Also Lunar on iOS. It's a wonderful port (if it doesn't crash lol not too often though) and I beta tested the 64-bit version. It was a lot of fun and work to tell them where the game crashed or why there was a black bar here and not there. SoMoGa were very nice and asked a lot of questions.

Last edited:

Malio

Trying to FINALLY finish 'Tales of Xillia'. After all the ridiculous "plot twists" it's really testing my patience, but yea...jrpg.

Also working on Darkest Dungeon and playing some Rocket League and TF2 when I have a quick few minutes.

Jeiiya

Just started playing Stardew Valley and I cannot believe how much I missed those Harvest Moon-style games. I also recently began playing Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age. I LOVE FFXII, so I'm glad to be playing the better version of the International Zodiac Job System finally. Good times.

Right now I’m mostly playing Overwatch and Starbound. A little Dishonored 2 mixed in.

I binge played Kingdom Come this past week but am now waiting for patches

I have given up on Rise of the Tomb Raider after about 7 hours.

Looking forward to FF15 and Monster Hunter PC releases

Last edited:
I've recently started back into Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I've downed 3 guardians and only have Daruk left now. I forgot how much I loved this game, all the random adventures you'll come across travelling around the map. I had ended up moving, it was a big move actually and I'm just getting back to it as I got the platinum trophy for FFXV before going back to Zelda. I also managed to pickup the Champion Amiibos for Breath of the Wild, so I'll be trying to unlock the Divine Helms for each one of those.

I play abit of Fortnite online with friends from work, Call Of Duty: WWII on PS4, just Prestiged for the second time last night and I'm not far from completing my first play through of Super Mario Odyssey. I guess I could say I'm playing through a ton of stuff right now, but it will all lead me back to Red Dead Redemption 2 when that comes out and all of my time goes into that.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Robo Recall, this game is just awesome, it look great, it plays well and it's really fun.
Hunt Showdown: still in alpha but the game is already fun and the atmosphere do a great great job

Blam

I've been playing VR Chat for a long time now and some PUBG, mixed in with some MHW.

Last edited:

SpartanN92

Banned
Far Cry Primal
I've had it for a while and only just recently started playing it.
I hadn't even opened it and I came home recently to find my wife playing it and we've been hooked for about the past 2 weeks. We just take turns playing until we get bored or die.

Bryank75

Banned
MH World and I want to play Shadow of the Colossus soon too, haven't had a chance yet. Picked up Thor Ragnarok on the movie side and really enjoyed it.

MHW is my new 'thing' though, totally gave up on Destiny 2

ComfyPants

Neo Member
Final Fantasy 6 on my phone. Never played it. I know it's supposed to be one of the great FFs but I'm not getting it. At times, the tone shifts very quickly from serious to silly and it takes me out of the game. I just did the opera house part, which I know if a famous part, but I didn't get what was supposed to be so great...?

Foehamner

Neo Member
I like to alternate between games. I'm currently on the third "round" of Nier Automata (ending C/D) and I just started Crossing Souls.

Nier Automata is really interesting but I can't seem to settle my thoughts about it. I'm less than an hour into Crossing Souls so no real opinion yet.

I also just resubbed to WoW for a month so we'll see what that does to my free time hehe

gioGAF

Witcher 3 Complete Edition on PS4. I am loving it. Finished the main quest and Hearts of Stone quest line. Getting started on Blood & Wine. I will probably try to max out everything I can before I move on to New Game Plus.

A clear example of how games should be done. Very refreshing after messing around with CoD: WW2 and it's bullshit lootbox-centric gameplay loop.

Far Cry Primal
I've had it for a while and only just recently started playing it.
I hadn't even opened it and I came home recently to find my wife playing it and we've been hooked for about the past 2 weeks. We just take turns playing until we get bored or die.

Great game, are you riding the Sabretooth Tigers yet?

Codes 208

-Monster Hunter world on my X
-Super mario 64 DS on my n3DS
When i get my switch back im gonna no-life zelda however. I havent gotten a chance to play the dlc yet!

Redshirt

Banned
Path of Exile

I've been playing PoE for years, but it's always taken a back seat to D3 and whatever my flavor of the month was.

That changed with 3.0. D3 is kind of dead, and I'm ready for D4, and PoE consumes most of my gaming hours now. When I'm not playing it, I'm in Path of Building theorycrafting.

Can't wait for 3.2 starting on March 2 and the monster trapping that it adds to the game.

rbanke

The Fall 2 and I'm not loving it overall. I find myself starting it up and quitting shortly after. I absolutely loved the first but this one is just not hooking me. There's been some good parts to it, but it's been a let down so far.

Bolivar687

Banned
Crusader Kings II.

Started as William the Conqueror in 1066 and now my fourth character controls France, Aquitane, Frisia, Brittany, parts of Loatharingia and Germany, and most of Britannia except for some of Ireland. I accidentally openly adopted the Waldensian heresy but it worked out, because it allowed me to wage Holy Wars against my Catholic neighbors I wouldn't otherwise have Casus Bellis against, which is basically everyone in western Europe. My current Emperor character is 85 years old and shows no sign of slowing down, with members of my dynasty on the thrones of almost all my kingdoms.

I definitely recommend this game to anyone patient enough to learn.

Botw - eh.... i go in and out of phases of playing it. Its fun sometimes but not enough to keep me addicted and constantly drawn in.

Currently inbetween ps4 games...

Just wrapped:
tales from the borderlands - meh. Story was okay.
The evil within 2 - really enjoyed this one, even though it was way different than TEW1, which i loved as well. Neat action adventure game... first 1/2 of game is way better than 2nd.
Knack - really lighthearted romp. Enjoyed it for what it was... some really weird design decisions. My favorite part were the fixed camera angles and some of the art direction - it all reminded me of old Crash for some reason..

Retired:
Rime... didnt grab me.
Grand Kingdom, which was awesome, but at this point in my life i know i dont have the time for it, may revisit down the road though.

Next up:
Life is Strange
Titanfall 2

Last edited:
Currently playing:
Shadow of War
Monster Hunter World

Not digging either of those. At least in Shadow I know what I'm doing and where I'm going. Gonna give Monster Hunter another try before I trade it in.

Up next:
Mario and Luigi Super star saga!

Shini42

I'm playing SotC remaster and Assassin's Creed Origins on my PS4Pro. Still occasionally launching GTAO. Thinking of finishing my second playthrough of Dishonored 2. Left Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds for summer, cause in the cold evenings in Russia, where I'm living, it gets too real for me.

Cato

Banned
Still playing Dark Souls 3.
Right now, I finally got around to start a pure-faith build.

I have many different builds, but this is my first pure faith build.

One of the previous builds I really enjoyed was "Hulk". Big and green. Strength build. No armor except loincloth.
For weapons either using caestus or great club. The great club looks like a tree trunk so I think it fits with a Hulk
cosplay.
That one was fun.

For next, I am thinking of playing as a smurf. Big and blue. White hat and white underwears. But what weapon should a smurf use?

Did I say I have about 30 games I havent even started yet on the PS4 due to DS3 taking all my time? :)

Fbh

Sotc remaster:
Looks amazing not just because of the graphical upgrade but also how smooth it feels at 60fps. It has been nice revisiting the game since I haven't player through it entirely since the PS2 era.
It's not quite as good as the first time though since since a big part of the fun the first time was figuring out how to beat each Colossus and so far I've remember all of them.

Vanquish PC:
Still amazing and holds up really well. Also runs at 60fps + even on modest hardware which in such a fast and action packed game makes big difference from the 30fps with drops performance of the original console release

Top Bottom