• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

SQ_NSwitchDS_VoiceOfCardsTheIsleDragonRoars_image500w.jpg

This is exactly the game I've been wanting to play for a long time. It's reminiscent of NES Dragon Quest games, but made to seem like a tabletop RPG.

It's extreme comfort food. I only wish it required a bit more grinding. It feels like I'll be over-leveled the entire game without making an effort to do so, which cheapens the constant random battles.

Playing games is overrated.

I guess I'll come back to BF4, and play RE4 VR. There isn't any game in particular that I'm dying to play until February 2022. When that comes, oh boy! I better not go out of the house for a whole month, easily.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I tried Greak: memories of azur, and I quit 10 minutes in. It's a Metroidvania-ish style game. I bought it because it looked colorful and interesting. You have to swap back and forth between characters every 5 seconds to solve puzzles. But I did this section and died and had to start all the way back at the beginning. I just said "nope" shut it off and never went back. No tolerance for lame stuff like that in games anymore. My backlog is too long to waste time on that nonsense.

engstra

Finished Alan Wake. Great to finally be able to play it after all these years, was lots of fun. Not sure if I want to force myself through Nightmare difficulty to collect the manuscript pages locked at that level though. It was annoying having to switch the camera setting every time getting into a car.
Started Tony Hawk remake, good vibes.

Orpheum

Trying to Platinum Returnal....those fucking ciphers man.... 19/20 in Biome 2, 14/15 Biome 3, 8/10 Biome 5, 16/20 Biome 6. I ran through Biome 2 and 3 so many times now i can almost do them blind. It would really help if the ciphers were ordered in your codex so you could easily identify which one you're missing based on like a youtube video or something. Just so you can specifically look for the room.

Also whenever i get burnt out i play some quick Ghost of Tsushima Legends survival missions. The game still rocks.

IKSTUGA

Just finished Guardians of the Galaxy and now I'm doing a replay of NieR: Automata. I liked Guardians a lot and Automata is one of all time favorites. Can't really complain :)

RAIDEN1

I finished up the amazing Yakuza Kiwami 2, and just started Yakuza 3. The graphical and technical downgrades are jarring, but the story continues to be interesting, so I don't mind.
Might of been amazing for you but for me it just proved to be too much of a drag, especially the very last battle, I mean come-on how many times do you have to put him down..in the end I couldn't be bothered with it..I found part 5, 6 and Zero to be FAR better...and definitely not as bad..I'll eventually get to the Judgement games...though currently I am back on game-pass trying to complete some games on there....at the moment I am on Call of the Sea...

Last edited:
Backbone (Gamepass)
Echo generation (GP)
Moonglow bay (GP)
Unpacking (gp)
Somehow got back into Minecraft dungeons too, sometimes just killing stuff and seeing numbers pop up is relaxing.

Tomorrow is FH5 so all these may be dead. We'll see.

Tunned

Might of been amazing for you but for me it just proved to be too much of a drag, especially the very last battle, I mean come-on how many times do you have to put him down..in the end I couldn't be bothered with it..I found part 5, 6 and Zero to be FAR better...and definitely not as bad..I'll eventually get to the Judgement games...though currently I am back on game-pass trying to complete some games on there....at the moment I am on Call of the Sea...
I actually put the most time into Kiwami 2 compared to Zero and Kiwami 1. I had no problem with the last boss fight, granted I was playing on medium, I had Kiryu upgraded almost to the max, so beating Riyuji was a cake walk.

RAIDEN1

I actually put the most time into Kiwami 2 compared to Zero and Kiwami 1. I had no problem with the last boss fight, granted I was playing on medium, I had Kiryu upgraded almost to the max, so beating Riyuji was a cake walk.
They missed a beat in nailing the 80s vibe for Zero, it could have been the Japanese version of Vice-City..

kingwingin

Playing blasphemous few months back got me on a metroidvania streak.

Just finished up dread and am currently playing through the ori collection on switch. I honestly can't believe how well this game looks and runs!

kunonabi

Beat Fusion with the best ending, I seriously don't think I'm ever playing that crap again, and I'm on to Dread. It's an odd duck so far. I have a million small problems with it and one major beef but overall it's fine so far. Certainly better than Fusion.

fart town usa

Gold Member
The subdued yet warm 480p glow of the Wii U tablet drew me back in. I thought, "hmmm, how practical would it be to dock the Wii U gamepad on the nightstand and play RE4 in bed with a Wiimote/Nunchuk? Turns out it's practical as shit and damn comfy to boot.

On Chapter 2 in RE4 and really enjoying it. It's the first time I've actually enjoyed the controls. I'm a lefty so it always felt awkward but I powered through and am now getting headshots like it's nothing. The game looks gorgeous too on that small screen. For real, I really can't stress enough how incredible some Wii games look on the Gamepad.

Next up will be RE: Archives 'Resident Evil', ordered a copy off Ebay today. Yes, I know they're on the Switch but I'm a sucker for the Wii U.

maxresdefault.jpg

Mr Hyde

Finishing up the main campaign in The Witcher 3. About halfway into Hearts of Stone. Aim to beat the two expansions before I clear the main game. Absolutely love this game. Third playthrough now. This time on the Switch. Excellent port.

EDMIX

Currently cycling thru BFV and BF4 mp.

Been busy with a few art projects and haven't had any time for any single player stuff as of late.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Still playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Now on the highest difficulty to get the final trophy and with the the Platinum.

This game is quite different qhen you just focus on the story path. Progress is sooooooo much faster. It's not bad or anything, I'm just surprised. It's like the main path is only 10% of the game and 90% is everything else.

Anyway, will probably finally dig into Guardias of the Galaxy tonight as well. Looking forward to it.

GymWolf

Trying to play guardians but i can't do more than 60-90 min with that thing without having the urge toplay something with more actual (good) gameplay like mhw.

I like the banthers and all of that but sometimes the game has shitty pacing because of that and too much downtime between combat sections.

drganon

Just finished the caligula effect 2. Overall, I enjoyed it, but I think I liked the first game's story and characters more. I'd still recommend it if you're looking for a niche jrpg to play.

Kupfer

Hell let Loose PS5
-what a blast. The PS5 beta came out of nowhere for me because I didn't follow HLL since my PC is too low-end and I don't want to deal with cheaters. I was amazed it came with PSPlus, would have bought it anyways.
I haven't had this much fun in a competetive
multiplayer game in a long time.

Super Meat Boy Vita
-nice game if I go to bed early but don't want to sleep yet.

Bridge Constructor Vita
-same like SMB.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yakuza 4. Thought I wouldn't like it as much as the others because of the multiple character gameplay, but so far it has been well done and more or less well paced.

Kinda want to beat it soon because of SMT V releasing next week, but I think I still have time for the side missions and some minigames here and there. Like the dojo one, holy shit that one's fun.

SSfox

Playing RE3 classic now that i didn't play since a while (a bit since before RE3 Remake), i was pissed at Capcom now i'm even more, those retarded cut so much in the remake bro WTF, also those first 30 minutes gameplay in RE3 remake that can be summed by holding L joystick UP!!! also no fucking mercenaries mode they just deleted the fuck out of this legendary mode, despite having already great character models for Jill, Carlos, Nikolai, MiKael half o work already done and ready, WTF Crapcom were thinking i can't even... anyway.

If Capcom is planning to make RE4 remake they better not fuck it up by cutting and deleting iconic moment and modes from the game, because if that's they plan to do just do not remake it at and the original RE4 is gonna be still super fine.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Playing Alan Wake now. It has good atmosphere and writing but Jesus Christ is the combat and gameplay shitty. Dodging is terrible, camera is terrible, gun play is stiff. As soon as you get swarmed by enemies it's game over. It's also repetitive and enemy variety is so far non existent.

kunonabi

Popped in Deadly Premonition 2 to make sure my copy wasn't defective and after 20 minutes I already want to just dump Dread and play it instead.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Deep Rock Galactic for co-op fun. Forza Horizon for open world stuff in a car. GR: Breakpoint for violence.

badblue

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint is really scratching an itch with this new update. Minimal HUD, realism set pretty high and going lone wolf is blast.

Mr Hyde

Playing Blair Witch on Nintendo Switch. Very creepy game. I love the Blair Witch movies (except that Book of Shadows or whatever it's called) and this game delivers both on atmosphere and lore. Bloober Team is such an underrated developer. They constantly deliver these little horror gems, and while they are budget, they are still very good and fun and scary.

bender

What time is it?
Dusk on the Switch. Beyond the boss battles, everything else is excellent. It's atmospheric as hell, has a great soundtrack, wonderful level design, a fun arsenal and is crammed to the gills with secrets. I was pretty disappointed with Ion Fury after all of the hype surrounding it and went into Duck fairly guarded. It's honestly one of the best first person shooters I've ever played.

elliot5

Trying to Plat Psychonauts, but finding all the billions of figments is getting rather tedious.
Did you know they just released the QOL update with the figment finding camera filter? And the check marks for each fast travel location? Should make it much much easier than before

Top Bottom