• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Game series do you think would make a fun Musou game?

Obviously a series that hasn’t been done before. By Musou i mean a Dynasty Warriors type of game where you just have army’s of enemies to plow through

I think days gone would be good

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Tekken or Soul Calibur
both in the same game, with a time travel plot where Jinpachi goes back in time to try and alter the Mishima bloodline curse

F31 Leopard

WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven characters. Wario special musou attack fart blast. Call it
Dynasty Wariors Ultimate Rhythm. Make it wacky like those games.

Tekken (i love Tekken force mode), Mortal Kombat, Jojo's...etc

I love Musou, Sengoku Basara is one of my favorite series of all time! Pls Capcom give us Sengoku Basara 5!

ZzO7vQL.jpg

(From my personal collection)

Last edited:

BlackTron

Even Zelda wasn't enough for me to get past the repetitive nature of the gameplay in this genre

But then someone said StarCraft...

Hoppa

X-Men or Marvel/Avengers (don’t know if that counts). Ultimate Alliance 3 was kinda that but it missed the branching charge attacks

cireza

Banned
I enjoyed Arslan and would have liked more medieval fantasy like this. Sadly the Fire Emblem games are based on the recent style which I dislike. Older style (GC GBA) or Shining Force would have been great. First Hyrule Warriors remains my favorite Musou.

Musou would be fun if it played more like Sengoku Basara >_>
It's indeed the best. Unmatched...
Characters designs and moves are awesome, stylish! (the chars artist designer is the same guy who created DANTE from dmc series)...Btw, SB is a Devil May Cry musou lol!

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Berserk musou was kinda neat but ultra barebones.

So I'd like to see a new attempt at that for sure.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's indeed the best. Unmatched...
Characters designs and moves are awesome, stylish! (the chars artist designer is the same guy who created DANTE from dmc series)...Btw, SB is a Devil May Cry musou lol!
It's mostly that in Capcom's you can combine moves more dynamically and in fun ways rather than do the musou standard of normal > special 1, normal normal > special 2, normal normal normal > special 3, normal normal normal normal normal normal normal normal > special 8, etc.

They both could stand to make duels and bosses more fun, with lock on etc. too. Some of the musou spin offs like Hyrule seem to have great improvements over the base stuff, others like Berserk not so much and yet more are failed experiments (whichever was that gave you armies).

Last edited:
It's mostly that in Capcom's you can combine moves more dynamically and in fun ways rather than do the musou standard of normal > special 1, normal normal > special 2, normal normal normal > special 3, normal normal normal normal normal normal normal normal > special 8, etc.

They both could stand to make duels and bosses more fun, with lock on etc. too. Some of the musou spin offs like Hyrule seem to have great improvements over the base stuff, others like Berserk not so much and yet more are failed experiments (whichever was that gave you armies).
Agree! Sengoku Basara combos are insane!
About Berserk, i loved...the story mode alone worth the price. But of course, Basara gameplay is unmatched.

Zannegan

Star Wars, especially set during the prequels.

Original Battlefronts were kind of like this with all the NPCs running around capturing points, but DICE had to go 1-to-1 players to characters and screw the whole balance up.

I honestly hope the next big thing in multiplayer shooters is cannon fodder, a la Musou, Titanfall, or MOBAs. Someone's got to play the objective, and it isn't going to be NoScopEZ.

Impotaku

The best one so far that perfectly suits the musou formula is the onepiece ones as the anime is pretty much armies of pirate goons or marines so it felt perfectly natural. I'd love to see a kamen rider or super sentai series turned into a musou game as those also have huge mobs of enemies.

Tales of. Bamco made one on the Vita but it was pretty meh.

The more recent games have proven they can make any kind of character work in a musou setting, including archers and mages, and we have 25 years worth of games to take characters and enemies from. A lot would probably end up pretty similar but I'm sure they can manage by focusing on their "signature moves".

Top Bottom