• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game was effusively recommended to you but you ended up thinking it was trash?

Crayon

When I was new here, I wandered into the ot for megaman advent zx (was that the title?) and people were soooooo excited and raving about it. So I bought it... and I didn't have much money at the time so buying a game was a little more of a decision. I hated it. It was like megaman and his shitty friends. Anyway, learned my lesson about longstanding fandoms that may have sexual components.

Effusively recommended? I had a friend bring over a game called Earth Defense Force 2017 said we HAD to play it.
This game can be labled 'cheap, low budget, awful'
But damn did we have a blast playing the hell out of it.
Not a game you should waste your time on alone. But as a Coop. Great Trash.

pramod

Banned
Witcher 3 (pretends someone recommended it when I got it day 1) lol
Same here. I guess it's just not my type of game.

Also TMNT Shredder's Revenge for me. I don't think it's "trash", but I just lost interest after 2 stages. Something about the game just didn't feel right to me and I felt like I was just mashing buttons.

ANIMAL1975

Walking simulators, don't even remember which one i tried 'playing', but been seeing my son playing some of them through the years and that shit just doesn't click to me.
But that's a game genre,... to name a particular game out of my head, i would give the distinction to gta, stupid boring sandbox shit _ no matter how hard i would try to play the storyline always ended up running around like a headless chicken, just beating the crap out of hookers and gangstas till i got bored and ended up in prison or shamefully killed.

God of War 2017. "The story is amazing" Story is bland, boring and almost a repulsive and dated father son story. Stopped playing as soon as the son found out he was a god and did a heal turn that would be laughed at in pro wrestling story telling...

God of War 2018, Game would have been better as a short film, but even then the story isn’t actually
that well written or interesting
They fockerup the game when started to make it annual release the cunts.

Pimpollo818

Monster Hunter World. Do battle with wonderfully animated monsters, sign me up. Diablo-esque loot, tracking monsters that run away formulaically, frequent loading in and out of levels, no thanks bro.

Top Bottom