• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games made you buy a console?

Xbox (all of them)

d8bed8b3-ac42-40be-8bdf-42e4b85639f8.a2578b7c86c5a2f719a39d4151eeed1b.jpeg

PlayStation 4

the-last-of-us-remastered-pack-01-ps4-en-23jul20

Nintendo Switch

the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-switch-hero.jpg

game-nintendo-animal-crossing-new-horizons-switch-cover.jpg

Raven117

Super Mario World (SNES), asked for Christmas as a young'un.
FFVII Playstation....A big jump between platforms for a 6th/7th grader. A wrong move there would have effected years of gaming.
Fallout 3 - Playstation 3. Having skipped the ps2 generation, I jumped back into gaming with Fallout 3.

stranno

Not a console, but I bought my first iOS device to play Metal Gear Solid Touch, like a year ago. Now I have 8 iOS devices and three Clickwheel-compatible iPods :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Siblings and I -

NES - Late to the party, but really Super Mario Bros. was something we'd all played by the time we got it and was a large part of it.

SNES - A bit late again, but Super Mario World was awesome.

N64 - Super Mario 64 because it was Super Mario 64.

After getting a job -

I bought the Dreamcast on launch day to play Soul Calibur.

I bought my PS2 to play Gran Turismo 3

I bought my PS3 specifically to play Gran Turismo 5 since I loved 1-4. It was a terrible choice and is the least-played viceo gaming device I own this side of my Virtual Boy

I put together a PC for Fallout 4 which I had already played on console, specifically to get into modding.

I bought the Switch for Breath of the Wild

Kuramu

Dating back to 2600, I got systems for general Interest in the library with 3 exceptions:

Playing a friend's Metroid made me get an NES
Commercials for Final Fantasy 7 : PS
Bioshock: XBox360

Top Bottom