• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What has everyone heard about DS using WiFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, we know that the DS has built in WiFi and proprietary local wireless as well.

That's a given. But following in Nintendo's "no-plan" online policy for the Gamecube, what do we know about their use of the wireless multiplayer features in the DS?

Metroid Prime: Hunters, Animal Crossing, Super Mario 4x4, Mario Kart DS all look as though they would be good online candidates but they did on the Cube as well.

Is this Nintendo's experiement with online before Revolution?

Anyone care to share any "news" or rumors etc that are floating around the industry?

neptunes said:
there's still time edit or delete this thread quick!

So no real response then?

I'd love to know why asking what rumors are floating around the industry on GAF which usualy knows more than the rest of the net.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Do I think Revolution will have wireless internet? Yes.

It solves the "playing consoles in the living room, where there's not a cable modem" problem that Nintendo used as one excuse to skip online this gen.

Will Revolution launch with a dedicated service in place? No idea.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
WiFi is being built into DS out of the box. You don't think they're not gonna support it? That'd be pretty dumb, and I don't think Nintendo will be that dumb

Edit: Bleh, you edited your post. Well I ain't editing mine!

Wario64 said:
WiFi is being built into DS out of the box. You don't think they're not gonna support it? That'd be pretty dumb, and I don't think Nintendo will be that dumb

No I think they will support it. I'm a huge ds-head. I simply wanted to know what GAF had heard about rumors/specifics.

Jeez! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom