• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if Nintendo turns Metroid Prime 4 into third person shooter RPG?

V4skunk

Banned
Pretty sure they'll keep it as it is.

Prime is known for being a first person shooter game, and they'll keep it that way because that's its identity and what people have associated Metroid "Prime" with.

If they were going to do something different it wouldn't carry the Prime name.
Prime is not a fps. You wouldn't know because you never played a single game in the series.

Deerock71

How about Metroid of the Wild? Have her land on a giant meteor that she has to worm her way into the center. Instead of the climbing mechanic, give her depletable energy for drilling. I don't know, but I think that might be worth looking into.

OldBoyGamer

Banned
I think I’d prefer M4 to be FP. And then a third new line to be created which is TP. Then we can get 2D, TP and FP Metroid games at periodical intervals for the next 20 years. :)

I want a Metriod game that's basically like Returnal, but more like Metroid with map and story design. Not rogue-like. Returnal is the graphics and gameplay I'd love in a Metroid.

Hardensoul

story can be fixed easily

but FPS doesn't sell on Nintendo systems, no one would buy it
I’m just commenting on Other M and why it failed. Sorry I wasn’t specific.

Sure they can fix Other M story if they remake it. But I don’t think Nintendo will spend a penny on it. I think Nintendo just want to forget Other M lol

Nautilus

Banned
let's hope so, it's promising, but not yet....
Dread did 2.8 million in 3 months. It is basically the best selling Metroid game in the series in only 3 months.

People think that Metroid needs to sell 10 million+ to become a hit. No it doesn't. It takes time to reach that, and a title can be a massive sucess(relative to what it normally do) without doing Mario or Zelda numbers.

Like I said, Dread is the best selling Metroid game already, and considering the legs of Switch games, it will probably do more than 5 millions lifetime.

So while Metroid 8, far into the future, mught do 10 million+, for now Dread IS indeed the breakout hit the series desperatly needed.

Dread did 2.8 million in 3 months. It is basically the best selling Metroid game in the series in only 3 months.

People think that Metroid needs to sell 10 million+ to become a hit. No it doesn't. It takes time to reach that, and a title can be a massive sucess(relative to what it normally do) without doing Mario or Zelda numbers.

Like I said, Dread is the best selling Metroid game already, and considering the legs of Switch games, it will probably do more than 5 millions lifetime.

So while Metroid 8, far into the future, mught do 10 million+, for now Dread IS indeed the breakout hit the series desperatly needed.

Dread is NOT a breakout ...YET, I said it's promising....

break out doesn't just mean eclipsing previous record, break out means selling 2-3X previous record, becomes mainstream. Dread has a chance to be, I think it's going to sell 8-10 millions copies, let's hope so

Nautilus

Banned
Dread is NOT a breakout ...YET, I said it's promising....

break out doesn't just mean eclipsing previous record, break out means selling 2-3X previous record, becomes mainstream. Dread has a chance to be, I think it's going to sell 8-10 millions copies, let's hope so
No, Thats not what a breakout mean. At least, I never considered as such, and I dont think many does.

Being THE best selling game in the franchise in such a small amount of time is not considered a breakout, then most games in the industry are only "modest" successes, which is obviously not the case.

You guys sometimes have such unrealistic expectations for a "niche" franchise like Metroid.It isnt as successful as people imagine, and it probably never will be.

RomanceDawn

Is it possible to have the game 1st and 3rd person at your leisure? Does any game right now seamlessly do both where you feel like you could play the whole game in either perspective?

I like 1st person but 3rd person just lends itself more to the spectacle of high speed action I'd say. Samus' acrobatic skills are harder to appreciate in 1st person.

Deerock71

Is it possible to have the game 1st and 3rd person at your leisure? Does any game right now seamlessly do both where you feel like you could play the whole game in either perspective?

I like 1st person but 3rd person just lends itself more to the spectacle of high speed action I'd say. Samus' acrobatic skills are harder to appreciate in 1st person.
The collector's edition of Prime 4 should come with a barf bag for 1st person rollin'!

jonnyXx

UAiFJok.png

Top Bottom