• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if the director of Castlevania IV kept making Castlevania games into the PS2/3 era?

v1oz

Just a thought after I recently read his interview, he only ever made one Castlevania before being shifted onto other series by Konami. But just imagine if the Igarashi games remained a fork of the series that remained on handhelds after SOTN and then Ueno was allowed to keep making action heavy big budget Castlevania games for the consoles. I'd imagine they'd be 3D action games like Ninja Gaiden/Devil May Cry but with a whip instead of sword and cool secondary weapons.

Vawn

Banned
So would Castlevania 5 and 6 had just been remakes of 2 and 3? Then 7 a second remake of 1, and we could continue on this way forever?

Nightrunner

They did make two completely different character action games though so it isn't like the CV fandom missed out on much. I do wonder how good the PS2 era Igavanias could've been if they didn't suffer from budgetary issues.

4 was cool, but a bit too easy for a CV game. I actually prefer 3, Rondo, the original, and Bloodlines.

Bloodlines ain't too difficult either I think. Have not played it for decades, and yet I almost got through the game in a few sittings. Super Castlevania IV...I had trouble with that game back in the day. Maybe because I wasn't so experienced as I am now, but I think there are quite challenging parts for newcomers (certain bosses, parts in a stage, etc.). Also, there's a more difficult "second quest". Plus, no-hit, perfect runs are quite enjoyable to do. I'd argue that the game is as difficult as you want it to be. Same can be done with Bloodlines of course.

Castlevania on the NES. That game is difficult I think. Even after all these years, a long break from playing the game can easily make the game profoundly intolerable for a while, as one has to re-discover strategies again.

Top Bottom