• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is currently the most demanding PC game?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
my pc struggled to run it. no matter what couldn't stop frame drops. i ended up ditching it on PC and playing it on PS4. it was a lower framerate but more consistent.
You could just lock the framerate, like using the game's half vsync option to lock it to half your monitor refresh rate (so, 30fps if 60hz) or just via afterburner/rivatuner or other software to any integer regardless of vsync, whatever number would keep it mostly steady without crazy flunctuations.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Supreme Commander. Was made before multi-core processors were a thing and so it only uses a single core and it is really CPU intensive.

Excess

You could just lock the framerate, like using the game's half vsync option to lock it to half your monitor refresh rate (so, 30fps if 60hz) or just via afterburner/rivatuner or other software to any integer regardless of vsync, whatever number would keep it mostly steady without crazy flunctuations.
Not only that, but it also has DLSS and FidelityFX support now. It's a very well optimized Rockstar PC game, unlike the joke I made about GTA IV.

If the series x is playing at 4k60, I'm thinking the port is just really bad. Seems to be a common theme with AMD sponsored titles.

It's not 4k60 on the series X. Not anywhere close to it really (at least in the open world, in campaign mode). The game has serious optimization issues on the PC, no doubt. But it's just overly demanding for the graphics, physics, AI, etc...it puts out IMO. Honestly, Halo 5 was similarly unimpressive to me because of the number of concessions they had to make to get it running at 60. Halo 4 was the last time I was impressed by 343 visually and thought they were the cream of the crop. I ENJOY the visuals in Infinite a lot because the art style and evolution of the series appeals to me. But aside from some undeniably well textured shiny surfaces and flashy energy weapon effects (the cindershot and heat wave), there's really nothing that makes this game worthy of bringing even relatively high spec'd hardware to its knees.

A.Romero

BF2042 gives me under 50fps running 1440P with medium graphics preset. It doesn't look that good, it's just poorly optimized.

I'd go for Cyberpunk as well. When all bells and whistles are on computers can really struggle with it.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
No need for 4K or RTX, Dwarf Fortress will put your CPU on fire.

YCoCg

If you want to push 4k120Hz/144Hz then Forza Horizon 5 with the ray trace hack at highest settings is a good test.

Utherellus

Star Citizen. Crazy amount of details and complexity. It can eat up to 25GB of RAM. And also SSD is a must.

Flight Sim. Heavy CPU bound game but can also easily max-out gpu usage on highest settings and high resolutions.

RDR2. Everything in this game is complex so it tasks PC in every way possible.

Cyberpunk with RTX. Simply melts GPU, even with DLSS.

Top Bottom