• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best looking game out so far?

Mr1999

Best looking? Having played all the latest games on the PC I would have to say Cyberpunk 2077 on Psycho +Installed flying car mod. It's really something else.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
It's a particle show-off - simply magnificent work no one besides Housemarque has done before.
Right and particles are also one of the most demanding things to render when it comes to GPUs which makes it even more impressive

angrod14

Ok, then this is the best!

ss_6834302e9b91ed7992309736e1e1fcbac369d724.1920x1080.jpg

ss_228137af7c30c3b4475ab285dbbe5477f25baffb.1920x1080.jpg

ss_a138f445b439de274e0bbdb8056ae76835227608.1920x1080.jpg

8K resolution OMFGGGGG

lick GIF

Gorgeous. What game is this?

H . R . 2

except for a few PS 1st party titles, next-gen has yet to begin. instead I invite you to feast your eyes on some gorgeous-looking screentshot from last-gen [all captured on my own PS4]

WHEN DEVS ARE PASSIONATE:

DYING LIGHT

b4ZP0LA.jpg
XaqCpUv.jpg
uWC74QG.jpg

BATMAN AK

5hviGTs.jpg
xE47mQT.jpg
pa7yGeF.jpg
T5QjhCX.jpg
M3cqWwi.jpg

AC :UNITY
j6eAMR6.jpg

G5WsFb5.jpg
mcs5BLY.jpg

DC
O6Frj11.jpg
AvpSCv9.jpg

INFAMOUS SS
QvFPLxd.jpg
ZaHEt0H.jpg
iodJXM8.jpg
A3iOHX0.jpg
CLkfNxw.jpg
GjdLepO.jpg
Gz2k0Cx.jpg

WD1

GSelzHf.jpg
rRJU0AF.jpg
umAf7Gl.jpg

KZSF
JKzYSLv.jpg
tDO1V06.jpg
B6dw2Qa.jpg
YsUHzUe.jpg

THE BEST LOOKING GAME LAST-GEN : THE ORDER 1886
QCrfBO6.jpg
AVNSvYc.jpg
gXD8NY1.jpg
mb0w45C.jpg
0jvhrmg.jpg

Last edited:
Graphical fidelity isn't the only thing that defines generations. Whilst it's dissapointing graphics are basically the same as 8th gen, we're getting 60fps on everything(and hopefully that remains the standard rather than prioritising graphics over fps like previous gens) and the SSD in the next gen consoles should allow for changes in game design. I think we're already seeing a glimpse of this with games such as Forspoken, I can't picture 8th gen consoles being able to pull that off.

Anyway, as for the question. I think Guilty Gear Strive is probably the best looking game so far.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
No mention of Plague Tale Requiem? GAF I disappoint!!
Although, seriously it's the Matrix Demo.
How can anything possibly beat Microsoft Flight Simulator?
You gotta give it to Asobo for kick starting next gen before next gen consoles even launched and releasing two of the best looking next gen games within two years of console launch.

Last edited:
Obviously, I can only go on games I've actually played - so for me it's probably Guardians of the Galaxy.

It runs surprisingly well on relatively modest pc hardware and looks great.

I was also very impressed with Days Gone on pc.

The character models, the foliage, the textures, lighting etc...were all top notch.

GT7 and Miles Morales on ps5 were also very nice, as was God of War, and I happen to think Returnal is a very good looking game.

The Last of Us remake. It's jarring how mediocre other games look after playing it. I had the same feeling after playing the last of us 2. I just finished Plague Tale and am wondering what all the fuss is about.
When you consider The Last of Us 2 released on PS4 it really is a testament to how unbelievably talented the team at Naughty Dog are.

Uncharted 4 still looks incredible as well.

I’ve played all the ps5 games, but not the Pc versions.

The only games that have truly blown me away graphically in the past few years are Ratchet and Clank and Half Life Alyx

Horizon for me looks really great in some areas and off in others

LOU 2 is the best looking last gen game

Last edited:

b0bbyJ03

I’ve been blown away by Battlefield 2042 at 4K max settings on PC. Installed it about 3 weeks ago, and can’t get enough of it.

begotten

The Last of Us remake. It's jarring how mediocre other games look after playing it. I had the same feeling after playing the last of us 2. I just finished Plague Tale and am wondering what all the fuss is about.

Yeah I think TLOU Remake has the crown now. To me it was always DeS this gen, even over R&C and HFW but I think it's finally been beat. The cutscenes in particular are ridiculous.

Flabagast

except for a few PS 1st party titles, next-gen has yet to begin. instead I invite you to feast your eyes on some gorgeous-looking screentshot from last-gen [all captured on my own PS4]

WHEN DEVS ARE PASSIONATE:

DYING LIGHT

b4ZP0LA.jpg
XaqCpUv.jpg
uWC74QG.jpg

BATMAN AK

5hviGTs.jpg
xE47mQT.jpg
pa7yGeF.jpg
T5QjhCX.jpg
M3cqWwi.jpg

AC :UNITY