• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the current Graphics King for PS5/XSX so far?

Your current Graphics King for PS5/XSX

• Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart

Votes: 32 12.6%
  • Flight Simulator (if you call this a game)

Votes: 56 22.0%
  • The Last of US 2 with the 60fps patch

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • Horizion Forbidden West (A looker)

Votes: 126 49.6%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Horizon 5

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Gears 5

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • other

Votes: 15 5.9%

• Total voters
Hard to pick between ratchet and hfw. I think overall ratchet looks better but hfw just looks unreal with the amount of on screen details and being open world. I guess I pick hfw

Hunnybun

HFW is a graphical and technical showpiece. There's so much more going on in that game in real-time (then you have the combat on top) compared to the others and it still looks and runs better than the rest.

I don't see anything we've seen announced yet beating it. Spider-Man no chance, Hellblade and even Factions I don't see either.

I'd be really surprised if Spiderman 2 doesn't beat it. That game will be properly spectacular.

Ratchet probably already beats it and Spiderman will have 2 plus years of technological research on it and like 3x the budget.

cormack12

Gold Member
To be honest I feel we are still in 'peer close enough at certain aspect of game' and you can see the cracks appear.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is still the benchmark for me. The life in that game, the lighting and the ability to make an undulating landscape look so real is unmatched. The first game in my opinion to really capture that 'open barren field' and not look like a video game. Valhalla comes close but still ventures into what has become more common in open worlds which is dumping loads of assets on top of the ground. RDR2 unashamedly gives you fields and makes them look outstanding. That's not to mention the quality and animation of humans, animals and weaponry. The high tide mark in my opinion.

In terms of what I've played since next gen Demon's Souls has been the hardest to nitpick over. Everything is so polished, everywhere. So that probabk6 gets my vote.

I'd then have Ragnarok, Forbidden West and Plague Tale: Requiem pegged next on yhe same rung. All strive for excellence. They have great art design and some pursue ultra realism. They have incredibly high standards throughout but also have little, tiny things that still stand out as gamey. This is only for splitting the vote mind, we're talking very small, tiny things at this stage.

CGNoire

The-Matrix-Awakens-An-Unreal-Engine-5-Experience-1.gif

rQWb1Ow.gif
God I wish they would release an Actual Matrix Game with this.......(gos to cry in corner).

I have both, play the PS5 way more. Flight Sim is by far the most impressive "tech demo". It's not really a demo, if you know how to fly planes... I do not.

Otherwise, the consoles are basically the same thing. Developers haven't reached the potential yet.

Horizon and Ratchet are both above God of War
Read what I wrote again, and then go play all of the games mentioned. I love Ratchet as much as the next guy, but the artistic depth, animation complexity and vfx implementation in God of War is enough to eclipse them. Horizon has a great, vibrant world with plenty of detail, but it honestly feels more like a tech showcase.

Last edited:

ckaneo

Read what I wrote again, and then go play all of the games mentioned. I love Ratchet as much as the next guy, but the artistic depth, animation complexity and vfx implementation in God of War is enough to eclipse them. Horizon has a great, vibrant world with plenty of detail, but it honestly feels more like a tech showcase.
lol, just say ratchet is cartoony

I have not played many real PS5 games yet, so i'm most impressed by PS4Pro Spiderman, more than Deathloop, Ghostrunner,
Astro or Wreckfest.

Top Bottom