• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the WORST song from a Band you love?

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Guys around my age will probably agree to this.

All the songs on KISS' Music from The Elder album.
FsxP6pS.jpg

A confused mess of lost Identity and a pathetic attempt at a concept.

My World (Guns n Roses). I think everything else off both Use your Illusion I AND II were at least in the good range. Many of them were awesome. My World is jarring, obnoxious garbage and I always hated it.

Song 2 (Blur). I just think its a shallow and dumb song that doesnt sound good.

Uptown Girl (Billy Joel). So cheesy.

Polly (Nirvana). I mostly just think its too slow, low energy and boring.

Duellist

Guys around my age will probably agree to this.

All the songs on KISS' Music from The Elder album.
FsxP6pS.jpg

A confused mess of lost Identity and a pathetic attempt at a concept.

Fuck that, never heard the rest of the album but the oath is a killer metal tune imo. Although that live version you posted sucks hard.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
I’m not sure but every time I see a “U2’s top 10,15 or 20 songs” list I wonder if I actually like any of the “good” songs.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Fuck that, never heard the rest of the album but the oath is a killer metal tune imo. Although that live version you posted sucks hard.
I owe KISS a lot for saving me from Disco in the late 70's and partially contributing to my sexual education but those numerous "Farewell" Tours since 2001 need to stop.

I name money grubbing Whore Gene Simmons as the culprit 😁

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
That's What I Get - Nine Inch Nails.

Track eight, I think, off of Reznor's debut album with the NIN/Halo projects, Pretty Hate Machine. This song has so much juvenile angst. Lyrics about first kisses and off key vocals. Sonically, it's a NIN song, but it really lacks the lyrical maturity of the rest of the man's catalogue, and frankly, it lacks some of the sonic depth and song structure of his later and more in depth pieces. Very radio friendly, dated late 80's simple verse/chorus pattern.

Compared to one of my favorites by the same man.

Duellist

I owe KISS a lot for saving me from Disco in the late 70's and partially contributing to my sexual education but those numerous "Farewell" Tours since 2001 need to stop.

I name money grubbing Whore Gene Simmons as the culprit 😁

Can’t argue with anything you said lol. I wasn’t the biggest kiss fan and gene Simmons is massive douche. I do like some of their stuff though. Early and 80’s

StueyDuck

I'm going wide with this one...

But pretty much all 'comeback' albums from any older artist in the modern age, especially when they are like 50+ still trying to 'stick it to the man'

Comeback greenday/blink 182/sum 41 and so on were all hot trash.

And if they aren't garbage they are just totally OK and nothing more. Usually feeling like a band trying to sound like the original rather than capturing what made them so great

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Better than "Quest for Fire"? That is the worst song on an Iron Maiden album by a country mile
Look Iron Maiden has some duds and I’m not queueing up that one any time soon either but I posted the song that only miraculously didn’t lead them to retirement and getting Bruce back

Top Bottom