• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your DREAM console?

Maybe instead of trying to come off as some enlightened smartass individual, you just talk about the dream console and the dream games that you'd want. :messenger_unamused:

Wasn't intentional to be a "smartass" or a troll...Yeah, I'm sorry...I was trying to say that a dream videogame can only be possible with dream games!

But ok, let's play: A new Sega console would be a dream for me! Because i love Sega games/series/franchises!

Last edited:

Havoc2049

PCs are not consoles,consoles are not PC's.
QYfcOxw.jpg
Atari_XE_Games_System-gen1.jpg

Pallas

Gold Member
Mine already exists, I just wish it wasn’t so damn expensive when you add everything together like multiple mods/platforms.

PPD0z2c.jpg

Crayon

Yeah I also find it mysteriously why pc does not support a controller but only keyboard and mouse.

Because it is against the law. It is a federal crime to plug a controller into a computer.

Hooking a computer up to a TV is legal but it is a sin and you will go to hell.

Tams

A Switch/Wii U hybrid.

Options for docks, some with better specs than the built-in SoC, in order to be able to play at higher settings when docked. You could use the part of the console with a screen (body) to be like the Wii U gampad. For those with the basic docks, it would use the same Wi-Fi technique that the Wii U gamepad uses, but in reverse, to stream to the dock. If a higher end dock is used, then the game would run on the dock's hardware and stream to the console body.

Of course, it would be wholly portable like the Switch.

And as this is fantasy, Wacom EMR as well.

Zug

An open source (hardware + software) platform dedicated to gaming that would be a standard being adopted by all current manufacturers.
No more boundaries between games, no need to own multiple plastic boxes, no more console war bullshit.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Can I go wild? Okay.

4090 GPU
Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU
64GB DDR5 RAM
5TB SSD

Portable like the switch, but with a portable 12inch 8K OLED screen.

Plays every single game from every publisher, even Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo. Has a store that has access to every game ever made.

Can be hooked up to a TV or monitor and has KB and Mouse support.

Oh and the whole thing lights up with thousands of RGB lights that makes the whole console light up to like 10000 nits.

Last edited:

angrod14

USD 1.200 PS5 ultra max pro, with full backwards compatibility up to PSOne. Full historic PS game catalogue available at the store.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Some sort of quantum computing Uber machine that runs for a year off a second of charge from a solar panel. Inhales CO2 and pumps out diamonds. Runs Starfield at 4k120hz. Checks your blood for health and orders food for you that can be combined into delicious healthy meals. Analyses news stories on your behalf so you can appear very clever in casual conversation, gives electric shocks to unpleasant people.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I would like a handheld more powerful than a PS5 with a 4k screen, more than 10 hours of battery life and massive storage capacity SSD. 512 petabytes at least.

Last edited:

Bry0

A platform where I could use whatever input device I want, upgrade whenever I want, and have decades and decades of backwards compatibility. It would also do anything I want from gaming to any other software you could think of. It should be able to multi task too, so I could watch YouTube and play games and music from different services all at the same time. I’d call it….. PC

A hybrid like Switch where it can do 1080p to 4k 60 FPS for every game

100 TF
128 GB DDR6 Ram
100 TB Harddrive
Uses Game Cartridges which can hold about 300 GB to 20 TB. These game Cartridges are cheaper to produce than Blurays
50 Hours Battery Life
When in Portable mode it has a OLED screen
Has backwards compatibility with all systems, Playstation, Nintendo, Xbox, Sega, etc

With the backwards compatibility, every game runs at 4k 60 FPS and Ray tracing

Game libery would be like PS2, where every Japanese, and western game would be released on the system.

Controller would be like a Xbox One controller. And it would have upgraded Joycons.

Free online

Online store like Steam

Able to play DVD, Bluray, and 4k

Screen is 4k OLED 60 HZ 8 inch display

All running at 5 watts

Also mods and emulation is allowed of all consoles, not to mentioned games are required to be fully uncensored, and all adult games fully uncensored including Hentai games

Rudius

My dream console would be a PS2 of VR. I mean the same success of PS2, same number and types of games (none of today's bullshit of remakes, problematics, mtx), all that in a very advanced VR format, beyond the the best we have today.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I only have dream games. I don't care about how I'm gonna play them.

If it has to be anything then I just want it to be one box that plays everything and I can hook up every peripheral and controller to it.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Same as now, only that the different marked places are available on each and all, and play all games natively.

And I want a beefy sku available day 1.

Cross play, cross buy (for a fee?) and chat between all.

Last edited:

mrmustard

Banned
20 TF Nintendo home console with all the 3rd party games and VR. Best exclusive games, least toxic community.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Mine is easy.. just bring back the snes or genesis!

The cool thing about the cart systems like these and nes is they have a direct connection to system ram. This means you technically could do all the game processing in the cart itself as long as the final output fits into the character ram.
Today you could have some awesome carts for around the same price producing a regular cart back in the day that would greatly increase the capabilities of the systems.

Top Bottom