• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your favorite donut?

I love a good donut. Was recently rewatching Twin Peaks, which always gets me on a donut kick. I have several donut shops within a few blocks from me, which means I end up eating way too many donuts.

tumblr_nsmfsyKebS1u38mzbo1_500.gifv

Anyways, what's your favorite donut?

Hard for me to rank them, but I think my top 3 are:

#3 - Maple Bar
donuts-beaverton-oregon-maple-bar.jpg

#2 - Strawberry Donuts (I've only found these at Donuts Man in SoCal, not sure if other places make something like this)
DE-rPy4UAAAXVCh

and my #1 is a glazed buttermilk bar
SloDoCo-Donuts-buttermilk-bar-e1558731327588.jpeg

kunonabi

1. Cinnamon
2. Maple
3. Glazed(flaky) I hate the slimey ones.

Plain cake is number 4 although really good ones can be better than anything else.

Tams

Doughnut?

Ones with fillings.
Jam. Specifically strawberry jam. Second, caramel. Third, custard.

Doughnuts without fillings aren't bad. Bit dry.

Most disappointing? Red bean paste filled ones (andonuts あんドーナツ).

I don't have doughnuts very often -- seriously, I have a doughnut once every several years. But when I do, it's usually Boston Creme. Delicious.

Last edited:

Cohetedor

Boston creme eclairs from the gas station across the street. Second place goes to peanut butter and jelly donuts from Sweetwater donuts. Both can only be found in western Michigan.

TylerD

1) A classic yeast donut with a good flaky glaze is really hard to beat.
2) -Blueberry cake
3)-Boston cream

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I like boston creme or just plain sugar frosted.

Also the things in the OP are not donuts by my definition, just like these typical pastries from where I live are not donuts.

R.0528dc66f00826ac70d8cd87411684f8

GymWolf

Not a donut eater, but i like the classic one without any shit on the top, and without visible sugar grains on it.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
This look like the dog sperm pastry on that win wilder movie...

Maybe if you're 12, yes.

Edit: I didn't get your botched reference at first, you mean Van Wilder, right? Great post in any case ;)

Last edited:
Theres nothing worse then someone bringing a box of donuts and its filled with dry non filling donuts...and it always happens...because people seem to prefer non filling donuts.

One day im going to bring in a box of donuts with nothing but donuts with filling...because thats how it should be. Its like comparing a dry wank to hot wet sex.

also god tier:

Boston Creme

but so many places use the wrong kind and call it that..

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Apple Fritter only if done really well.

Besides that probably glazed ring or old fashioned chocolate.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Apple Fritter only if done really well.

I got two Apple Fritters for you. Which one you buying?

6764388751_090865496f_b.jpg

cb14562a30316a648a1d273c2a455f6f.jpg

It feels like there are two types. One has a vaguely burnt shell exterior with a more bread like middle (cinnamon based). The other kind is a soft doughey like texture that's more sugar based?

Apple Fritter bros know this gamble!

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I got two Apple Fritters for you. Which one you buying?

6764388751_090865496f_b.jpg

cb14562a30316a648a1d273c2a455f6f.jpg

It feels like there are two types. One has a vaguely burnt shell exterior with a more bread like middle (cinnamon based). The other kind is a soft doughey like texture that's more sugar based?

Apple Fritter bros know this gamble!

I may have had the 2nd type but cant guarantee it. 1st type is what Ive always had. Although when too thin and burnt edges it can get a bit greasy. Needs to have a doughy center not too thin to offset those crispy ends.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Apple fritter is king.

Unfortunately the people that made the best in my town retired after 40 years of it. Lovely Korean couple. Made incredible donuts. The people that took over are not as good.

Top Bottom