• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What makes certain games enjoyable for you, regardless of their quality?

For anything story driven, it's immersion and environmental design mainly. Add in some excellent animations and you have me sold.

Even if it's something like CoD I can become immersed when the game is created properly. Infinite Warfare is one of the greatest campaigns I've ever played in any video game. I truly felt that I was in that world.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
For anything story driven, it's immersion and environmental design mainly. Add in some excellent animations and you have me sold.

Even if it's something like CoD I can become immersed when the game is created properly. Infinite Warfare is one of the greatest campaigns I've ever played in any video game. I truly felt that I was in that world.
Yes! I wish fans hadn't crapped on it, because I think IW did a GREAT job of going, "OK, what could the military actually be like hundreds of years from now?" Versus something like Halo or Titanfall that's more fantasy sci-fi.

Also, the scene where the player character realizes his superiors are gone and he's now top of the chain of command got me unreasonably hyped. He immediately steps up. They don't even draw attention to it; he just does what needs to be done without hesitation. Actual hero shit.

Yes! I wish fans hadn't crapped on it, because I think IW did a GREAT job of going, "OK, what could the military actually be like hundreds of years from now?" Versus something like Halo or Titanfall that's more fantasy sci-fi.

Also, the scene where the player character realizes his superiors are gone and he's now top of the chain of command got me unreasonably hyped. He immediately steps up. They don't even draw attention to it; he just does what needs to be done without hesitation. Actual hero shit.
Exactly. What's so sick about the game is that the main character Lt. Reyes is played by Brian Bloom who was also the lead writer on the project.

It's the first CoD game since World at War where I actually felt like a real soldier in the military just answering my call of duty at any cost.

It's literally the whole point of the game's title! And it's something the game has lost over the years.

Somehow it's also the only Call of Duty game where you get to see the behind the scenes working of the military. Which was a welcomed edition.

I've played it so many times it's crazy at this point. I'll always praise it to the highest degree.

P.S. It's also an incredible example of how to write and cast a woman as a main character/supporting role. Jamie Hyder is outstanding as Lt. Salter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom