• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What makes you happy?

pET2RYC.jpg

My main bitch.
Omg, what a cutie!

divine power, perfect understanding gives me happiness, seeing the clock work, the machinery behind life behind the workings of the mind, how it functions. If I can understand a mind perfectly I can replicate it, I can recreate it, I can learn its true name and steal its soul, whether from the real world or the world of the imagination.

This week’s title “That which I cannot build, I cannot understand” was heard in the lab and is a take off of Nobel Prize winning physicist Richard Feynman’s quote: “What I cannot create, I cannot understand.”More insight on this quote to come in the next post. https://risdmaharamfellows.com/2016/07/31/that-which-i-cannot-build-i-cannot-understand/

That is why I seek mastery of the ultimate field the science of mind design, the ability to summon entities from past present and future, humans from other worlds, mastery over alchemy the ability to create humans.

Such is the greatest power of this age, and slowly imbibing it is intoxicating.

edit
also when a story resonates with truth

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Thank you! Wow, literally the perfect list and I agree with every single thing 😻

You're very welcome! haha *high five*

Yeah for me it's the small (big) things I really appreciate.. Like right at this very moment I'm sitting on my balcony having a smoke and enjoying the quietness while a subtle breeze caresses my skin and while pausing and appreciating this moment my cat randomly comes up to me saying hello and takes a place next to my feat.. Stuff like that <3

I'm sure this sounds pretentious or something but it's true nonetheless

Last edited:
You're very welcome! Haha *high five*

Yeah for me it's the small (big) things I really appreciate.. Like right at the moment I'm sitting on my balcony having a smoke and enjoying the quietness while a subtle breeze caresses my skin and while pausing and appreciating this moment my cat randomly comes up to saying hello and takes a place next to my feat.. Stuff like that <3
High Five Teamwork GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Sounds like you’re having the perfect day! Couldn’t agree more, it really is in the small things. To appreciate the simple and daily things in life. This past few weeks I’ve really been thankful for the little things I have in my life. I have a family that loves and supports me. I have friends that are always there for me. Just miss my chubby cat 😻

Edit: and it’s not pretentious, that is true peacefulness!

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
High Five Teamwork GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Sounds like you’re having the perfect day! Couldn’t agree more, it really is in the small things. To appreciate the simple and daily things in life. This past few weeks I’ve really been thankful for the little things I have in my life. I have a family that loves and supports me. I have friends that are always there for me. Just miss my chubby cat 😻

Edit: and it’s not pretentious, that is true peacefulness!

While I appreciate your optimism, I do, my day is far from perfect; heavy weighing burdens that have accumulated over my lifetime continue to cast shadows on my day to day baseline experience. It's far from easy pulling the mental gymnastics I do to momentarily set beside said shadows and be in the moment so as to be open for the gifts of life.

Lol, now THAT sounds pretentious 🤣

nature - hiking, camping, foraging, fishing etc.
travel - immersing myself in others cultures, cuisines, landscapes, and environments
family - kids, dog, wife, parents, siblings.
self care - maintaining a healthy lifestyle through mental and physical exercise, diet, & socializing
self improving - learning and experiencing through active engagement
art & creativity - passion for creating and making - drawing, design, watercolors, sculpture, collage, animation, cooking, woodworking, cinematography etc.

Last edited:
While I appreciate your optimism, I do, my day is far from perfect; heavy weighing burdens that have accumulated over my lifetime continue to cast shadows on my day to day baseline experience. It's far from easy pulling the mental gymnastics I do to momentarily set beside said shadows and be in the moment so as to be open for the gifts of life.

Lol, now THAT sounds pretentious 🤣
I hear ya, dealing with the same things. But because of all the burdens and the dark thoughts, I really appreciate the small things that shines a little light through the darkness. By appreciating the small moment that bring some happiness, I feel like I’m staying sane just a little bit longer. So big applause to us for the amazing gymnastics we pull of every day!
And yes, al little more pretentious :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Harry Potter Lol GIF by Sky

GymWolf

Had to look up what that was....weird shit. Still don't know what the relevance is to thrash though, may need some elaboration.
It was a not-so-clever word joke thrash-trash and fregan vegan basically eat other people trash...

Last edited:

Astral Dog

I mean what makes me 'happy' could simply be a moment of peace, a hello or nice day from strangers. A good laugh or chat. A relaxing tune. A sense of accomplishment, helping someone etc.

But to be more mundane videogames 🎮, hot guys🏋️‍♂️ reading 🤓, a cool story, halloween🎃 cats and puppies 🐶cooking shows 🍕 my favorite food (specially with lots of sugar or cheese!)seeing cool art or a beautiful place. and 💛Capcom💙

Last edited:
I mean what makes me 'happy' could simply be a moment of peace, a hello or nice day from strangers. A good laugh or chat. A relaxing tune. A sense of accomplishment, helping someone etc.

But to be more mundane videogames 🎮, hot guys🏋️‍♂️ reading 🤓, a cool story, halloween🎃 cats and puppies 🐶cooking shows 🍕 my favorite food (specially with lots of sugar or cheese!)seeing cool art or a beautiful place. and 💛Capcom💙
De Acuerdo Yes GIF

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
God ,my wife, my family, my home, the new country (been in Mexico only 5-years but keep discovering new things), when my business interns graduate successfully, disc based media: anime, video games, music, live-action movies pre-1995, playing any keyed or stringed instrument.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
- God, my relationship with Jesus Christ, and all the blessings in my life ❤️

- My best friend Liz and our kitties

- Family & friends

- My job is rarely stressful, and I get to work from home

- Kindness, charity, and empathy

- Videogames, movies, and shows

- Good food and light exercise

- Being able to look in the mirror and no longer despise my reflection

- METROID DREAD is finally REAL 🔥

Drizzlehell

Banned
Cats. Cats make me happy.

Also the fall and winter seasons and several month's long marathons of Halloween/Christmas movies and games.

Not having any serious sources of stress in my life at the moment.

Living comfortably and not having to worry about money.

Still not having kids or being married because either of these sounds like a nightmare.

Top Bottom