• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What makes you unhappy?

Star-Lord

As a counter-point to the original What Makes You Happy? thread, here is a place to vent your daily frustrations and tell us what's got you unhappy/upset/pissed off.

Office politics has now kicked in big time here, and The Man has installed software to prohibit anything remotely fun. YouTube has now been blocked - to the point that if 'YouTube' features in a thread title on NeoGAF, I can't view it - and Reddit has been banished to the the online office grave. As long as work gets done, who gets what site(s) I frequent? Fucking bastards.

Relativ9

My mother is an opioid addict (sleeping pills and painkillers), to the point that I'm considering cutting contact completely, because after 5 years of trying to get through to her and get her help she still won't even admit she has a problem and it's just getting worse and worse. Everytime I talk to her it leads to two days of anger, frustration and a sense of hopelessness. I tried it out for 3 months, not talking to her at all cause they had cut off her phone (she had spent all bill money on spending sprees while high) and she couldn't call me, it was the best 3 months I've had in a while, but then she started borrowing the neighboors phone to call once in a while.

Kev Kev

animals in cages

humans too, of course. i know its neccessary and even helpful for the animal sometimes, but id prefer a world where nothing was in a cage, ever. it just seems like to biggest crime against the universe one can commit. this of course includes humans in cages who are innocent, and excludes problematic humans like murderers and rapists... in fact there are a lot of asterisks on my statement lol.

but in general, innocent living things that want to be free and happy but are being held against there will to do so, hurts my heart in a very particular kind of way

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
Peoples resistance to any sort of cultural change.

It's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. But it's frustrating none the less.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

My mother is an opioid addict (sleeping pills and painkillers), to the point that I'm considering cutting contact completely, because after 5 years of trying to get through to her and get her help she still won't even admit she has a problem and it's just getting worse and worse. Everytime I talk to her it leads to two days of anger, frustration and a sense of hopelessness. I tried it out for 3 months, not talking to her at all cause they had cut off her phone (she had spent all bill money on spending sprees while high) and she couldn't call me, it was the best 3 months I've had in a while, but then she started borrowing the neighboors phone to call once in a while.
Addiction is a horrible thing to have, and one of the toughest things a person can go through. It's even harder to admit you're an addict in the first place. I used to be addicted to alcohol, and refused to listen to reason. I could see the empy bottles in my bin and the receipts in my wallet, but I still carried on denying it until I was blue in the face. I only started to accept the truth when I was involved in a traffic incident. I had my family and friends walk away from me, and it took a lot to get them back in my life, but I will never forget how low I felt during that interval between the incident and my friends coming back into my life.

My advice to you would be to not give up on your mother. I completely understand it's a different kind of addiction, but it's an addiction all the same. Addiction is a mental illness, and it can destroy lives. But it can also bring people together, as was the result in my example above. Your mother will, eventually, realise that she has an addiction. It is essential that you are there for her when that moment comes because, trust me, she will feel alone. She will be in pain emotionally and physically, and she will need her family and friends there for support. And don't forget that when she does admit she's an addict, there are a ton of support groups she can turn to to help her through her ordeal. Until then, just hang in there as best you can. I'm sending love your way.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm not sure yet. I'm still happy.

Dance Animation GIF by _edgartpan

badblue

The Knowledge that due to my injury, I will never be 100% again and that things I wanted are now completely out of reach.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
YouTube has now been blocked - to the point that if 'YouTube' features in a thread title on NeoGAF, I can't view it
Can you access

It's a Youtube interface that doesn't send tracking data to Google, automatically skips advertisements (and in-video sponsorship ads), and more. I've even set up a browser redirect so that if I click on a youtube link, it takes me there instead.

PS if this works for you, don't let it get around the office because your overlords will probably block it if a lot of people are using it.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
My diet. I'm not a big guy yet, but I can tell I'll be that before long if I don't reign in my eating habits. And if I get to that point then I am going to have other issues before long. The problem is that I suck at diets and the idea of giving up my favorite foods and drinks is not fun and gets me down.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
My wife and kids.
I am away from them Mon-Fri for work and I miss them which makes me unhappy

Dynasty8

Lack of logic...

Extreme stubbornness and extreme political points of view (both right and left)

Inflation and Taxes. Fuck the housing market and fuck how high taxes have gone up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom