• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What old gaming peripherals do you still use today? (any platform)

Xdrive05

For PC gaming I refuse to let go of the Razer Nostromo:

razer-nostromo-gallery-1.png

I bought mine from a Best Buy nearly a decade ago, and it's still my daily driver for all of my "keyboard gaming". It's just perfect for me.

And for a wired PC controller I still sometimes go back to this trusty work horse after literally 16 years (!) :

aqae55w8-900.jpg

So what old peripherals stay in your setup?

Gp1

Even though I have some newer controllers, the wired Xbox 360 one still is my most used peripheral on PC.

The thing is built like a Soviet tank.

Banjo64

cumsessed
The fact that a lot of people’s 360 pads still hold up is a mystery to me. They were amazing controllers but longevity wasn’t a strong point for me. The rubber on the analogues would wear down to the metal/plastic without fail on every single one.

Phase

Even though I have some newer controllers, the wired Xbox 360 one still is my most used peripheral on PC.

The thing is built like a Soviet tank.
And it's easy to replace the sticks. I replaced my right stick a while ago, the only thing I had to remember was to tape the buttons on the top before pulling the top half off. Now that stick is stiff as new.

Reactions: Gp1

fart town usa

Gold Member
The fact that a lot of people’s 360 pads still hold up is a mystery to me. They were amazing controllers but longevity wasn’t a strong point for me. The rubber on the analogues would wear down to the metal/plastic without fail on every single one.
That's how my GCN controllers are. The rubber on the control stick and C-pad have deteriorated to the point that they're sticky goo. It's really gross and why I don't play GCN games anymore, lol.

Banjo64

cumsessed
That's how my GCN controllers are. The rubber on the control stick and C-pad have deteriorated to the point that they're sticky goo. It's really gross and why I don't play GCN games anymore, lol.
Yeah, I learnt my lesson after the 360/PS4 sticks and now I buy rubber caps for every pad I own (even got some little ones for the Vita). Keeps the sticks pristine. Not sure that would have worked on the c-nub on the GC though :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Oh I also use controller adapters that let me use Saturn or PlayStation controllers on the Dreamcast. Since I own a lot of fighters on the Dreamcast, playing with a Saturn pad is an absolute must for me.

I have this particular one which, as I found out just now while looking for an image, is apparently worth a shit ton of money:

s-l400.jpg

Xdrive05

What you describe actually did happen to mine, so I had buy some rubber caps for it. Other than that it's been super durable. No stick drift even after all these years! By comparison, I've been through multiple sets of Switch joy-cons. And I'm no Nintendo hater. :messenger_winking:

In fact, my 2nd favorite PC controller is actually this guy:

23-236700_gamepad-nintendo-switch-pro-nintendo-switch-pro-controller.png

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Yeah old wired 360 controller still in use, the only thing that will make me switch is if I start playing any games that need a dpad that can differentiate between directions.

hollams

Gold Member
Just got into Clone Hero so I hooked up my old wired Xbox 360 Guitar controller from GH2 and it works perfectly on PC.

Also non-gaming related, I'm still using my Microsoft Trackball Explorer, that I've been using for the past 21 years. I bought another one as a replacement and got it serviced so it's like new so hopefully they will last until I retire.

Last edited:
Top Bottom