• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What percentage would you guess you play single player games?

How much game time do you spend playing single player focused games?

• Almost all the time. I mostly play single player games

Votes: 221 64.1%
  • I almost always play multi-player games

Votes: 12 3.5%
  • A little bit of this, and a A little bit of that. I mix it up

Votes: 49 14.2%
  • Always multiplayer of some sort!

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I mostly watch others play games. (yes I know people like this)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I always play single player only

Votes: 62 18.0%

• Total voters

Daymos

Single player only. I don't even like couch co-op, I'd play fantasy life with my wife and we'd argue over where to go.. we just gave up and played solo.

Last multiplayer I did was the blood church quest in elden ring, it forces you to do pvp. It was actually mildly entertaining but there was no way I was ever going to win.

ZywyPL

Banned
A mix of both, although SP games are the majority of what I play nowadays given most MP are bad in one way or another, whether it's the lag, balance, controls, P2W etc.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I always look for the single player component in multiplayer games. I rarely look for an online lobby unless it’s a fighting game or Call of Duty. I’ll play online for maybe 10 hours in a game like Call of Duty. I played Halo Infinite for a couple hours online.

I use to launch League of Legends, Battlefield, and misc online games. They never stuck. Being online doesn’t necessarily matter to me.

Three

I have one multiplayer game I play religiously with my brother but spend all my time on singleplayer otherwise.

MikeM

EA looking at this thread right now:

Michael Scott No GIF

Shifty1897

I play single player games only except for Call of Duty Warzone with the boys. It's more a way for us to hang out and talk rather than actually play the game, though the occasional dub doesn't hurt either.

Fbh

Probably like 80% Single Player 20% Multiplayer.

Most of my multiplayer time is spent on Rocket League.

Rippa

98% Single player games for me.

The other 2% is the occasional CoD/Battlefield sessions. Mic turned off of course.

Havoc2049

I'm about 25% single player and 75% multiplayer. I play more single player games, but spend more time playing multiplayer games. In order to get the most out of a multiplayer MMO or FPS to where it is a meaningful experience, you have to sink in like 500+ hours and it is easy to get in the 1000+ hour range.

killatopak

It comes and goes. I’m mostly SP now but a few years ago I was exclusively playing MP League. A few years before that I was SP again. A few years before that it was Dota 1. And so on and so on.

These days I play about 95% solo. To be honest i don't even know why I pay for ps plus because their free games suck too lol. I have the switch and oculus quest 2 but I just prefer single player games these days. Sure the screaming brats and trolls helped steer me away a bit but to be honest I just have a better time playing single player. As a working man I rarely have the chance to connect with a buddy group and play so that plays a small part as well. I just find today's most popular multiplayer games to be ultra repetitive. To each his own but I mostly play single player.
The psplus is a lose lose not subbing though, for me anyway. I've been on psn since the first day and have been getting the free games every week for what seems like a decade now. If I drop the sub it's the loss of 100s of games as well as online play.

I can live without online play but those games nah, I need to keep them.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

ok first, tf are those poll options and the order they are in??

second, lol at how many of us are just playing single players games (including me).

Shifty

Look at those 5 multiplayer-only votes. How quaint.

ok first, tf are those poll options and the order they are in??
Seconded. The domain in question is a linear spectrum, but the poll options read as taking someone's stream of consciousness and shaking it up like a can of coke.

wvnative

50/50

Afternoons I play a nice single player game, then in the evening for a couple hours I hop on an online game with my pals

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Console: I pretty much keep one or two active multiplayer games installed that I dip into sporadically until I tire of them. Currently on the PS5 that's Chivalry 2 and Rider's Republic, Switch is Kart. The rest are all single player games.

PC: To be honest, not really sure. Probably a 50/50 mix off the top of my head.

I think I am more multiplayer focused on PC because that is where I prefer to play FPS and MMO games.

Laptop1991

Always Singleplayer, i have never enjoyed Multiplayer going right back to the 90's on PC, it was just deathmatch over and over with people cheating lol, it bored me, i want stories and immersion and playing my games the way i like.

cortadew

Mostly single player games on pc and a few on ps4, the only game I play online is Top spin 4 on ps3 which servers are still up (no support) but I play it since it came out in 2011 and I am on a league with the best players that are left.

TheTony316

Singleplayer 99% of the time. The only online game i play is FFXIV and that only because it plays a lot like a singleplayer mainline Final Fantasy.

DeepSpace5D

I’m typically a single player type of person, at least 90% single player on average.

Although I have been playing Destiny 2 since earlier this year and I still love it. For 2022, I’m probably more like 30% multiplayer.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The only multiplayer I do is a friend with Halo co-op once a year. Every single other game I play is single player.

Single player almost exclusively, the only multiplayer I play is when my brother is in town then we play co-op games. The only online I play is the shit I'm required to play to get single player stuff so many devs lock behind multiplayer in an attempt to drum up more interest in the multiplayer, or racing games until I get tired of people ramming me off the track, disconnecting when they're losing or just not really paying attention to anything.

Rayderism

99.9% single player at this point. Played some quick MP matches on Hot Wheel's Unleashed this year, just to see some of the crazy user created tracks. Before that, I played Mario Kart DS online when it was a new release on the NDS.

Other than that though, I mostly never play games online. At least, I can't think of any other times I've ever played any games online. I just don't seem to have any interest in online gaming.

I might start playing online more in the future though. But it will always be rare and only with a very few select games where I can jump in, play a bit, then jump out, like with racing games. I don't know, time will tell.

CitizenZ

Banned
90/10 mostly SP but it depends on if a MP game peaks interest and does something interesting. I was playing SCUM non stop for a few months then jumped into The Cycle and some other FTP pvp games, etc. No clue how guys do nothing but play the same game over and over.

TastyPastry

like 90% singleplayer but i still enjoy multiplayer games as a side thing. playing csgo on dust 2 ist almost like white noise to me, i can play that and just zone out and listen to music or something like that. i think darktide looks nice and i'm looking forward to factions 2 and diablo 4.

Aenima

On the mail playstation sent with my stats from last year, only 1% of my time was spent playing online.

Only multiplayer games i still enjoy are co-op focused games like Monster Hunter and also enjoyed my time in Final Fantasy 14 as it can be played like a single player game or just co-op for dungeons.

Kagey K

Banned
Dang a bunch of ppl round here looking like this.

play with yourself episode 9 GIF

I love co-op games and some competitive games.

I like to be social while gaming, and a lot of the time even if we are all playing different games we jump into a party and bullshit while doing our own thing.

I couldn't imagine spending most of my free time just playing alone or not talking with friends.

Might as well be mindlessly staring at a TV show or movie at that point.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Apart from local fighting games or Mario Kart or my racing’s games or couch coop.

I’d say about 90% of my gaming is single player gaming.

I don’t play online hardly at all as the time needed to dedicate to be good at the game online is way too much

Top Bottom