• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What post 2010 game you will preserve in apocalypse scenario?

TrueLegend

Lets say it's an Apocalypse, all games pre 2010 are destroyed and in next wave all remaining games are getting destroyed and you can only save one.

What game do you preserve for Humanity and Why (without spoilers)?

P.S. No Multigame in single CD preservation cheat ok.

Last edited:
Does Factorio count? Technically it's a 2020 release, but it's been 'out' for quite some time.

Because I'd pick Factorio. The factory must grow.

Last edited:

Paasei

Not many games to choose from, nearly all games post 2010 require always online. Don't see that to be available after the apocalypse. Will give this some thought for later today.

TrueLegend

The Phantom Pain, the best game released in the 2010s in my opinion:
-Great controls
-Many ways to play
-Insane replay value
-Mother Base management is fun
It won't cut my top 5 but if critically viewed it is the best game released after 2010
Most authentic OpenWorld in terms of terrain - best terrain design taking into account topology and ecology
Best AI - The NPC communicate so naturally in this game and your action impact the game world
Best Cutscenes - Kojima's motion capture is S Rank, Devil May Cry 5 comes close but they lack nuance in storytelling
Incredible Performance - On PS4 pro it runs on 1440p60 locked, on PC its a beast
Incredible story - Politics of cultural clash and cannibalism of English language represented which I loved
Only Negative things - too dedicated base management for me, Story pacing and finishing issues
Stealth Gameplay - 12/10. Absolute magnum opus of stealth games.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Soul Calibur II HD.

Any single player game will eventually grow stale. Only multi-player would be fresh after that much repetition.

Last edited:

Quasicat

Originally, I was thinking FallOut: New Vegas, but the last thing I would want to play during the apocalypse is a game set after the apocalypse.

Instead, I would suggest Animal Crossing New Horizons. It’s a great game to play when the world turns to shit. I’ve got 600 hours into it as I’m going into the dlc.

Indie adventure games like The Blackwell Epiphany, Technobabylon, Unavowed, The Darkside Detective & it's sequel
Excellent gameplay with also excellent characters, story, humor (depending on the game)
And of course excellent pixelart!

Shadowrun Returns, Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Good gameplay/rpg mechanics with again excellent writing (story, characters)
And suprising excellent art!

Into the Breach
Excellent gameplay with excellent pixelart!

Plus all of them could easily fit in a usb stick ;-)

Last edited:

TrueLegend

It's an apocalypse scenario, what internet is someone going to be using to download those mods?
He can download a lot of them before. Not much is established about this fictional imaginative apocalypse. Only that games are being destroyed. Apocalypse doesnt mean doom, it means sudden great change. 1 TB of mods will give him a lot of content compared to any other game.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
maxresdefault.jpg

TrueLegend

The Witcher 3 - So much quality content and gameplay.
It is the greatest product of the decade, not necessarily the best game though. The main story is just meh deus ex machina shit with monocultural take on parenting with wild hunt showing as cameo here and there. And five crucial choices which determine ending come at shitty points in game and whole story is antithetical to books and witcher universe. But it is the best canon goty package without mods compared to skyrim. And they did inprove writing and other stuff in Blood and Wine.

P.S. The soundtrack slaps

Last edited:

Fbh

Dark Souls.
Not only will it get preserved, but we'll form a coalition that will take over the world and physical copies of Dark Souls will be the only accepted currency.
People will praise the sun on the streets and all disputes will be settled through 1 on 1 duels in Dark Souls

TrueLegend

Originally, I was thinking FallOut: New Vegas, but the last thing I would want to play during the apocalypse is a game set after the apocalypse.

Instead, I would suggest Animal Crossing New Horizons. It’s a great game to play when the world turns to shit. I’ve got 600 hours into it as I’m going into the dlc.
Horizon Zero Dawn. What better game to save in a post-apocalyptic scenario, than a post-apocalyptic game?
Insert Neogaf meme with Gangster paradise as theme song

TrueLegend

Dark Souls.
Not only will it get preserved, but we'll form a coalition that will take over the world and physical copies of Dark Souls will be the only accepted currency.
People will praise the sun on the streets and all disputes will be settled through 1 on 1 duels in Dark Souls
While i did not post it I was strongly thinking of Dark Souls III. Even though it may be my fourth or fifth fav game

The last of us, a little digital manual on how to survive the end of the world. Just remember to bring a ladder everywhere 😉

Last edited:

Kev Kev

fallout 4

i could get thousands of hours out of that game, trying different builds, creating new bases and decorating them and so much more.

Superkewl

Gold Member
I preordered and downloaded this today - and for some reason it actually let me start the game up.
I was like: "did I just get away with something here?"

Turns out it was just a tease and only lets you get to the title screen and says come back on the 27th.
At least you can see some in-game graphics for a bit during the intro, heh.

Weird because all other games I preloaded it doesnt let your start it up.

one and done

Top Bottom