• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What post 2010 game you will preserve in apocalypse scenario?

Mabdia

Just one?

Cyberpunk 2077

More than one?

Witcher, Cyberpunk 2077, Virtue's Last Reward, Tekken, KOF XIII, Sansho, Blazblue (all games) and The Last of Us (just the first).

Lethal01

Breath of the Wild.

Let the next generation start of with the best example of how to create a world that's fun to explore.

AND

FF7:Remake
To give them a love of over the top anime and the best action RPG battle systems.

Last edited:

Vandole

I'm amused so many people have said Fallout. If I'm in a post-apocalytpic world, I think I would rather play a game with a little bit more escapism.

Anyway, I would probably choose Minecraft ore Stardew Valley.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Bloodborne

Yep. It has its own sort of vacuum apocalypse too so it fits thematically. Not to mention the use of memories as a plot device and even setting, makes Bloodborne an excellent candidate for human preservation. Its everything you could want out of a final piece of interactive entertainment.

Closer

I have to do this:

Dancerush Stardom

If you guys are furious because you lost your precious walking simulator, fight me on the dance floor.

Dark Star

Bloodborne for sure. Love that game to death. The atmosphere, setting/theme, bosses/characters, story/lore, frenetic gameplay, badass trick weapons, hidden paths and shortcuts, soundtrack/score ... it's all perfect to me. It takes all the best stuff from Dark Souls and transforms it into an even more satisfying gameplay loop (blood vials, hunter's dream, pistols, no shield, workshop, etc). Overall it's a spooky/gothic-halloween hack n' slash that gravitates towards that cosmic-horror theme, and there's just enough magic and wizardry to make you feel like you're playing a M-rated Harry Potter game, and that's something I enjoy a lot.

tumblr_no7haxOOFo1t6xtc8o3_1280.gif

Last edited:

Griffon

If online play is still possible and devs are still around: FFXIV.
Otherwise... well I'm forced to recognized that Skyrim + 1 or 2 TB of mods is hard to beat in replay value, even tho I'm not a huge fan.

No matter how much I love some of the games quoted around, I can't imagine myself sitting around playing the same single game for years. Doesn't matter how much I love BotW, this is gonna go stale pretty damn fast. Only a live MMO or a game with thousands of mods would have enough content to last.

Last edited:

blacktout

Mario 3d collection

Think this is technically against the "no multigame collection" rule, but otherwise this would be my choice too, since I think finding a way to save Mario 64 would be more important to game preservation than saving any post-2010 game.

But if we're playing by the rules, Breath of the Wild, I guess.

GreatnessRD

Damn, its really been nothing that has moved me in such a way post 2010. Really sad, lol

With that said, it would be one of these two.

• Mortal Kombat (2011)
  • Gran Turismo Sport
We live in the shittiest of times, in my opinion for games. Lmao

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
SMT Strange Journey, not only because it fantastic game but it’s also handheld game, I have a better chance making handheld to work compare to Consoles in Apocalypse.

13 Sentinels, FF 7 remake
I might have miss read the thread(as usual), I thought it has to be games that released in 2010.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Project Awakening, if it's out by the time the bombs fall.

Otherwise, Demon's Souls remake.

Honorable mentions: Mortal Kombat 11, FF7 Remake, Resident Evil 1 (PSX), Dead Space (Remake)

Last edited:
Top Bottom