• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What publishers/developers should Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo buy next?

Pfroebbel

Sony needs a WRPG Studio before MS buys all of them. So what fits best? CDProject would fill a big hole in Sonys Portfolio.
And if i could wish some more:
Nr 2: Capcom
Nr 3: Crytek
Nr 4: Techland

DaGwaphics

MS: Asobo Studio, the WB gaming studios, or Crystal Dynamics and Eidos (+ obviously Sega on Wednesdays)

Sony: Square Enix (they need to pickup someone large to balance things out and I could not care less about their games anyway :messenger_beaming: )

Nintendo: I'm not really familiar enough with the studios they work with, but I'll say Sega. Even though I'd love to have these on GP, Nintendo probably makes the most sense for most of these IPs.

Last edited:
Sony should buy Take Two. It would be a power move after Activision.
can't afford them.

i mean GTA alone is worth tens of billions. Rockstar as a whole is worth even more and Take Two owns more than just Rockstar.

Take Two owns GTA, Red Dead, and all other Rockstar IP. They also own Bioshock, Borderlands, Civ, Mafia, NBA, PGA, WWE, XCOM, etc.

Sony should buy From Software. Yesterday.
not yesterday. they should've bought them prior to 2022 (Elden Ring release).

Elden Ring has made From Software way more valuable than they were a year ago. Sony had their chance as far back as 2009 to acquire From Software with the release of Demons Souls (2009) and Bloodborne (2015) but never bothered.

Might be too late for them now.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I agree with Nintendo buying Platinum. They seem to make a really good team. Outside of that.....no. I don't believe consolidation of publishers is a good thing for the industry.

Unfortunately, that's the way the gaming landscape is headed. Give it a few years and there won't be any independent publishers or developers left. All of them will be swallowed up by the big companies (Microsoft, Sony, Epic, Tencent, Apple and Amazon). Nintendo will feed on the scraps of what's left over.

Provided Sony keep getting SE games (the seem to court them more than others) I’d say the next biggest publisher that suits their aims is Capcom. Sony have EVO and PSVR to support which Capcom do too, and Capcom will add some much needed diversity to Sony’s output (fighter, horror etc)

If we are talking about developers, RPGs and fighters are where Sony is lacking. I suspect they’ll go for studios and support studios they are already working with if a straight PlayStation Studios integration is what is desired.

Markio128

None. If only so I don’t have to bear witness to another pointless acquisition thread where fruitless arguments are the order of the day.

Top Bottom