• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Remains of Edith Finch Getting Xbox S|X - PS5 Native Version

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

A new listing suggests PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S versions of What Remains of Edith Finch could be heading our way soon.

Spotted by TwistedVoxel, the ever-leaky Taiwanese Game Rating website now has both a native PS5 and Xbox Series X/S release of the game listed in its catalogue.

While there have been no official announcements made as yet, publisher Annapurna Interactive does have its 2022 showcase scheduled for later this month.

Kuranghi

I really really liked this game but had a lot of issues with stutter at 60fps on PC no matter what I did, ended up capping to 30 and maxing it out I think. Will be excited to see if they got it running perfectly at 60fps on PS5 with decent image quality. Will definitely get it again if its well done, otherwise will just replay on PC.

Kilau

Gold Member
Great news, it’s stuck in potato resolution on Xbox and the PS version doesn’t even have a plat trophy. Hope they fix both.

Roberts

Awesome. Here I was thinking that we won't get any more new next-gen update announcements for older games, but now this, Biomutant. Crew 2 got updated today. Good times.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Bored Christopher Walken GIF

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
If this is actually 4k@60fps - color me impressed. On PC - an overclocked 2080Ti struggles to keep 60 at 1800p or there-about(or much lower if you enable Auto-HDR which really craters the framerate).

Last edited:

adamsapple

If this is actually 4k@60fps - color me impressed. On PC - a 2080Ti struggles to keep 60 at 1800p or there-about(or much lower if you enable Auto-HDR which really craters the framerate).

The image is soft but completely aliasing free. It's either 4K with a heavy pass of TAA or reconstruction.

But it looks incredibly clean. That I like.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The highly-acclaimed Giant Sparrow-developed game What Remains of Edith Finch is finally making its way to not only the Xbox Series X but the PlayStation 5 as well, and better yet, it's available now! The upgrade is free for those who already own the game, and features some incredibly crisp 4K visuals now running in a silky smooth 60fps. Also, if you're already an Xbox Game Pass subscriber, you won't need to pay anything extra as the game is already part of the library and features the aforementioned upgrades. So check out the opening moments of this somber adventure captured in 4K 60fps on Xbox Series X.

Timecodes
00:00:00 - Intro
00:00:30 - Gameplay Starts
00:03:07 - Entering House
00:05:05 - Molly's Diary

Might as well ask about the death here. I've heard many say it was one thing but I think there all wrong.

I've seen many people say that Molly died from eating poison berries.
But I think the story itself reveals that she actually died of TB, Tuberculosis, They used to call it Consumption back in the day and was known as a Wasting disease. Her always being hungry and not getting enough nutrition even though she was eating.
I think this is what really got Molly.

Don't care much about this but there are still lots of games from last gen that are in desperate need of next gen upgrades. Basically every AC game including the Ezio collection and ablack Flag, all the Far Cry's, Mafia 1 Remake, Dishonored 2, RDR2 ..bunch of Sony and MS exclusives like Sunset Overdrive and Driveclub

No reason these shouldn't all be updated

thatJohann

Masterpiece of a game. Happy to replay it for a 5th time.

Tried it on PS5 and XSX last night. Both look beautiful. But since it lacks HDR natively, gonna play it on PS5 so i can force HDR and get a brighter image. (SDR games look too dim on OLED).

Highly recommended!

adamsapple

Anyone playing this on Xbox, are the achievements not unlocking for anyone else ?

solidus12

Fun fact: this game was supposed to be a PS4 exclusive published by SIE, just like the Unfinished Swan. Something must’ve happened and Sony abandoned the project before Annapurna took over.

Here’s your bit of trivia for today 🤓

Mossybrew

Yawn. This game sucks hard. I mean, if you like this kinda thing, no offense, but ugh these are not my kinda games.

Top Bottom