• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Resident Evil game do you want remade next?

Which Resident Evil game should be next for the remake treatment

• Resident Evil 0

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica

Votes: 168 53.7%
  • Resident Evil 5

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Resident Evil 6

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Resident Evil Gaiden

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Resident Evil Remake

Votes: 63 20.1%
  • Other

Votes: 25 8.0%

• Total voters

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
With Resident Evil 4 up next and there being no sign of Capcom stopping the remake train, what RE game do you want to see Capcom work on next.

My vote goes to

hfPIinA.jpg

It's far better than 5 and 6 and actually could do with a modern rework. Code Veronica comes a close second.

I'd take Dino Crisis over all of them, but I'm keeping this thread to Resident Evil only.

Killer8

Re-REmake. It's been over 20 years.

Another run at RE6 but actually good in a few years time could be interesting.

Inspector Q

I kind of despise the constant AI companions in games like 0, 5 and 6 so if they would get remakes I would like to see each character get their own individual campaigns. Rebecca and Billy each get their own. Sheva and Chris each get their own. Basically, like Chris/Jill from RE1 or Leon/Claire from RE2. I hate that RE games moved away from that dual campaign system.

Of course, getting rid of co-op wouldn't please fans who enjoyed 5 and 6 for that aspect, but that was never for me. Having a gun toting companion in a survival horror game ruins everything for me, personally.

All of the above games could benefit from a remake if they actually put the effort in. However, I would prefer if they steered away from the absurd directions that 5 and 6 took the storyline. Shit got way too silly and out of control. No need to go that direction again.

So IF I had to choose from the above list it would probably be one of the earlier games (0, 1 or CV) just because those took place before things went off the rails.

I would actually prefer a brand new 3rd person game using the RE engine, but they seem to prefer to stick to remakes for their 3rd person games for whatever reason.

RE2 and RE3 share some parts in the police department.

RE1 and Code Veronica also share some parts of the Spencer Mansion (because there's a replica in Antarctica).
It'd make sense to remake both RE1 and CV.

Would be a dream come true to explore the Spencer Mansion in VR.

Last edited:

Knightime_X

Code Veronica, but it needs a complete overhaul.
Significantly larger inventory space. The amount of backtracking in that game is ridiculous.

None, I want a new game in the remake 2 vein. Capcom seems completely opposed to that though.
This, honestly. RE2 was the best title and of the games released in the last few years, its remake was far and away the most modern feeling one that still stayed true to the roots of the game. Would love to see the next title be built with that respect.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm surprised with the amount of people who want a remake of a remake.

I'd only want a remake of RE1 if it was totally different. Something like a first person or a VR version.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I dont really need any of them remade next. But if I had to pick it would be RE6 without question. Some of the best TPS action combat ever. They could improve the weak elements and make it the best in the series.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
re-remake 3 and do it fucking properly.
Replayed that recently sure is not as good as RERemake or RE2remake but its no where near as bad as people making it out to be.

With that being said if they gonna do original REremake, lets not do same mistake as RE3Remake.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Gold Member
Is there any reason to believe they won’t continue sequentially until 6 is done?
6 has no hype behind it as it's regarded as one of the worst of the entire series by almost everyone. Yes I know it has its defenders and that it sold a lot, but that doesn't change anything; it's regarded as the lowest point in the series almost unanimously. Can't see a remake of that unless they plan to just essentially undo it completely to salvage the entry in the canon.

Then again, I didn't think they'd remake 4, so what do I know?

Valt7786

Replayed that recently sure is not as good as RERemake or RE2remake but its no where near as bad as people making it out to be.

With that being said if they gonna do original REremake, lets not do same mistake as RE3Remake.

Nah it really is, i went back and played OG re 3 the other week and the remake is missing SO much. No narrative choices, no random nemesis, no weapons from nemesis, no costumes to unlock except a shit version of her stars kit, no press office, no clocktower, no park, no dead factory, no barry ending. Its a shitty lazy cash grab. The only good thing in it is Jill and the mercs are better characters.

Comandr

6 has no hype behind it as it's regarded as one of the worst of the entire series by almost everyone. Yes I know it has its defenders and that it sold a lot, but that doesn't change anything; it's regarded as the lowest point in the series almost unanimously. Can't see a remake of that unless they plan to just essentially undo it completely to salvage the entry in the canon.

Then again, I didn't think they'd remake 4, so what do I know?
Which to me is exactly why it's worthy of a remake. 6 is a nearly universally reviled entry in an all star franchise. This is an excellent opportunity to reshape the game into something good. It's not like the remakes are selling poorly anyway. As long as the money keeps coming in, who gives a shit right? Especially when a lot of the groundwork is already done. Creatively, they already have a path to follow. Capcom loves to reuse assets, so there's plenty of opportunity to just dragon drop various models right into the new project, since it would no doubt be in the same engine. No need to remodel, texture, rig, etc all new zombies or various other enemies we can cherry pick from their growing asset library. Age reoccurring characters a little and done. I actually think that the more remakes they do, the easier and less expensive it becomes.

To be honest, and I don't mean to sound narky, moody, or whatever, but I think Resident Evil has seen the best days left behind it long ago. I'd personally rather not see any more crappy remakes, and as for sequels, I think Capcom has just ran out of good ideas for where to take the series going forward in general.

I don't care much for these remakes as it feels like the gameplay is becoming way too casualized, or whatever the word is. The guns don't feel impactful. Every area is too dark. The character models are awful (for the classic characters, anyway). And most of all, the cut content is annoying, and the plot is horrendously convoluted now. So this comes across as incredibly confusing, silly, or boring. Not to mention all the shit Capcom enjoys ripping off from other games, movies, and whatnot.

Unfortunately, I don't think Capcom's fanboys could give two shits about any of that stuff. They'll keep on defending the games regardless. I know personally, I've pointed out the franchise's flaws on so many occasions for years, to the point where even I wanted to stop caring about doing so. They weren't listening in any case. Especially on lame forums such as GameFAQs. Because I recall trolls just posted a lot of flame bait, and were even admitting that they didn't like the classic titles because they found fixed camera angles too intimidating. Seriously!

OK. It's an opinion. No-one has to like a specific viewpoint in a game. Right? But most old school fans of the survival horror genre openly love the camera perspective, cheesy voice acting, and the music and textures. It gave the genre a lot of personality in the good old days, whereas newer horror games are mostly action games with minimal creepiness, where you may or may not even be able to retaliate physically against your foes. You barely get any good music or terrifying moments in RE games these days.

And I get it. RE is Capcom's biggest ever IP, so they crank out more games because they're money hungry. But it's stupid in my opinion, how they had the darn audacity to copy Silent Hill with that dumb 'Shadows of Rose' DLC last year. Because RE was never really about supernatural type bull crap. And I just think they're making Chris Redfield into such a dumb fuck asshole, not truly capable of keeping anybody safe. After RE6, the character just got altered into some laughable has been. It's truly embarrassing.

Sure, zombies were never supposed to be the staple enemy either. But here's a newsflash. That's how it ended up playing out. Now having these other enemies like villagers and vampires and mannequins, where even enemies with no guns can dispense ammo, it's all just not really making up RE how I remember it, from the early 2000s.

And Jill Valentine has been gone for years. If you really think about it, her last up to date appearance was actually way back in 2009. Everything else she has been in has been a prequel, a movie, a spin off, or another dull remake. So this mess is just incredibly nippy, and that's kind of why I just told people on biohaze.com that I don't care much for RE any longer. Maybe it's my age as well, but it's mostly because the unique storytelling isn't there anymore.

They should have remade CV before RE4. They're releasing RE4 in 2023, when CV could have been remade first. Then I suppose the remake of RE4 could have been scheduled for 2025. That would mean it came out precisely 20 years after the original. 😐

But no. Capcom are greedy. You do know this, right? 😆

Top Bottom