• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Resident Evil game do you want remade next?

Which Resident Evil game should be next for the remake treatment

• Resident Evil 0

Votes: 17 5.4%
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica

Votes: 168 53.7%
  • Resident Evil 5

Votes: 33 10.5%
  • Resident Evil 6

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Resident Evil Gaiden

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Resident Evil Remake

Votes: 63 20.1%
  • Other

Votes: 25 8.0%

• Total voters
RE1 is a terrible game but has great atmosphere. Excellent candidate for another remake.
Reaction Surprised GIF

Code Veronica easily, has all the making of a great RE Game (and is very fun in its own right don't get me wrong) but it's brought down by some odd choices and lingering too long in certain areas of the game. It's basically a GOAT game waiting to be cleaned up a little bit, so an easy win for a modern remake IMO.

The real answer is Dino Crisis.

I think RE1 should be remade by Capcom to be much like the RE2 remake, as the 2002 version has not got the same tone whatsoever as the recent remakes.

Of course, there's a high probability they'd still manage to go off course somehow and screw it up. Capcom has an awful habit of cutting out a lot of content, and the RE Engine makes everything look like a nuclear fallout with how pitch black every room is.

The Fartist

Gold Member
RE-Re-Remake but with Naughty Dog production values, and please spare me the woke jokes, I get it, I don't want that shit either. I would like to see the game without the camp for once for a true Remake. I think it could work—also, over-the-shoulder and fixed camera angle options, and of course, legit VR.

Resident Evil Outbreak
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2

They could combine both into one game.
That's why I voted other to mention these 2 games as well. I could never play online back when I had it and it was so hard with a.i. computer co-op , I could never get very far. They had potential though.

If not these 2 then probably Resi 5 would get my vote.

Dr_Salt

That's why I voted other to mention these 2 games as well. I could never play online back when I had it and it was so hard with a.i. computer co-op , I could never get very far. They had potential though.

If not these 2 then probably Resi 5 would get my vote.

I love those games. Some madlads back at Japan actually created a fan server that is fully functional and you can play outbreak online using the PCSX2 emulator.

I beat the first one with 3 friends a couple of months ago, it was glorious.

levyjl1988

Banned
I want Resident Evil 6, that was the most fun I’ve had with Resident Evil.
I wish we can have a survival horde mode though. I hate having a time limit and score. I want to have a survival co-op wave based game with Resident Evil controls.

Marchizmo

Resident Evil Survivor.
8LNtxjL.jpg

Why not lean into the FPS approach they tried before with their modern tech and practice on previous games.
But I also want to see a modern Outbreak 1, 2.

EDMIX

PS1 trilogy originals remade in the same vein as Resident Evil Remake for the GameCube (fixed cameras and shit) but this time around for next-gen only with either 4K pre-rendered backgrounds or instead some of the most photorealistic 3D environments ever made with FULL raytracing.
no

outbreak.

Makes more sense now then during the PS2 times lol

A worthy remake.

MiguelItUp

Resident Evil needs the over the shoulder + RE engine treatment.

It's odd to me that they did 2, and 3, but skipped the original. Sure, it's been remade before, but even that remake is dated now, and it plays like the original. I'd love to have a trilogy that plays the same way, and uses the same engine.

EDMIX

Resident Evil needs the over the shoulder + RE engine treatment.

It's odd to me that they did 2, and 3, but skipped the original. Sure, it's been remade before, but even that remake is dated now, and it plays like the original. I'd love to have a trilogy that plays the same way, and uses the same engine.

That remake is a given at this point.

Soon.

Comandr

all these votes for the bland Veronica but so few for the awesome Outbreak series, highly disappointing.
Sort of echoing what I said about RE6, remakes are a great opportunity to take games that were perhaps a good concept but poorly executed… and fix it!
SnroLmU.gif

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I'd love to explore the original mansion in VR tbf, RE1 holds a special place in my gamer heart as I played it with the ex over the course of a week late at night on the original PS1 and is scared the absolute shite out of us both as we puzzled our way through it

wa600

I'm replaying Code Veronica X for the first time since I was young. Always heard people saying how extremely hard it is, but somehow I dont remember struggling with it (outside some bosses) when I was a kid. Also didnt manage to softlock myself back then even though I always use a single save file (even to this day).

So far I am surprised how much ammo, ink ribbons and health items the game throws at me (barely any safe rooms though). It also looks like you can shake off zombies without taking any damage?! In general Claire feels like a tank. I get hit by these rubberarm enemies 8-9 times and I am still on yellow health somehow.
One major difference I see compared to the other oldschool titles is the map design. In the other games you are mostly focused on a single location. Sometimes this leads to another location which will give you a new item that unlocks rooms in the first location. In Code Veronica you have like four or five places you are exploring at the same time, so there is a lot back and forth between these places. Hardest part of the game is keeping track of rooms you might want to revisit later again with the right item.

Half a year ago I played 0 for the first time. Thats the only classic Resident Evil I had a tough time playing. So if you want to remake something, I'd be for that one. I would even suggest to 'erase' 0 and even make it a completely new game. 0 just ties poorly into 1 and has such a stupid antagonist.

ACESHIGH

Banned
None. Remake and code Veronica are perfect as is. All the other games are trash.

Just release a smaller scale fixed camera game for us old timers.

Well, I'd love to see a remake of Outbreak, but not with linear routes. It could even be just a similar game in Raccoon City, with different characters. But I think it would break the cycle of fans receiving remakes of past titles.

I still wouldn't mind something like that, just the same.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Resident Evil 0 is genuinely one of the most unfun games I’ve ever played in my entire life. Every single thing you do in this game is excruciatingly slow, the inventory system is trash, the story is a little worse than usual for RE.
It's only saving grace are the graphics and OST. Game really is as bad as most people make it out to be. It's good for a challenge if you're into that though.

SHA

5 would be a bummer, Chris is a zombie machine killer, still looks new and an add-on to the original series , it just doesn't work for a remake.

Top Bottom